...Car Wrapping In Cm?

funcat

for the uneducated or the colloqialism, what is this slang....or is it for petrol heads only?

Vinyl wrapping - whole car or selected parts, eg: bonnet in say, matt black vinyl. Can be quite effective if used correctly.

• Like 1

Slight thread hijack- anyone know where to get 3M Crystalline Solar Film installed here in Chiang Mai?

This is the top line automotive film, that looks clear, but reflects almost all UV and solar heat.

http://solutions.3m....ve/Crystalline/

I've just asked about it at the Carryboy shop on Hang Dong Rd and the guy said that there is a problem with this product in Thailand (cracking,or something),so that's why thy don't carry it...but I still will check with the others,since I need something of quality installed in my new truck...

there was a shop in the building the bowling alley is in around the moat 5 months ago, may still be there. dont know about quality though.

come to think of it theres a soi off of Chang Puak road that has quite a few shops. Look for the first mocyc accessory shop after turning onto Chang Puak, its the soi before the shop.

for the uneducated or the colloqialism, what is this slang....or is it for petrol heads only?

Vinyl wrapping - whole car or selected parts, eg: bonnet in say, matt black vinyl. Can be quite effective if used correctly.

Effective for what? "Mozzies?"

Slight thread hijack- anyone know where to get 3M Crystalline Solar Film installed here in Chiang Mai?

This is the top line automotive film, that looks clear, but reflects almost all UV and solar heat.

http://solutions.3m....ve/Crystalline/

I've just asked about it at the Carryboy shop on Hang Dong Rd and the guy said that there is a problem with this product in Thailand (cracking,or something),so that's why thy don't carry it...but I still will check with the others,since I need something of quality installed in my new truck...

Thanks funcat...I figured it out today when I went to PPS on Hang Dong Rd. and got the lesser (but still excellent) 3M solar film.

Apparently they don't stock the Crystalline anymore- probably too expensive for the Thai consumer (it's popular in Singapore where they have a regulation against tint beyond 20%).

Again, thanks for your response.

And my apologies again to the OP for the slight thread hijack...offtopic2.gif

Be interesting to know how much it would cost to get a car the size of an average saloon done in a matt black?

Sorry funcat, I have some information and would like to answer to another slight tread hijackbiggrin.png.

I think the cost to get an average saloon done for a car depend on material and the car size,

normal price with good materials such as;

leather (factory grade A), approx. cost : 16,400 baht (small Japanese car, Toyota yaris, Honda city,etc.)

PVC grade A cost : 8,400 baht (for small Japanese car).

You can also find pvc material saloon for the car that you just ware or cover the old saloon, the cost around 4,700 baht (for 0.8mm.) and 6,400 baht (1 mm., I think that is how thick of pvc).

http://www.ntep2008.com/index.php?name=map

@mcgriffith, it is too late for info. about 3M Crystalline but may be it could be a useful info. for next time, there is a shop on Tha Pae road, the name is Kuang Sing rotary. Here is map ; http://maps.google.co.th/maps?q=%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%AB%E0%B9%8C%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88+%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E&hl=th&ie=UTF8&ll=18.788282,98.997438&spn=0.010828,0.013797&fb=1&gl=th&hq=%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%AB%E0%B9%8C%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88+%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E&cid=0,0,15760633801964635999&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=18.788287,98.997529&panoid=6ffluAJYnWb7b3vOEsSDxA&cbp=12,347.99,,0,-41.32

OK..I know of 3 places now...2 pretty high priced and one that don't have a right colors(need to order),but almost 1/3 of the other estimates...so,still looking...

BTW,I'm not going to do the whole car,only some parts....but (to answer the other poster) I've heard that doing the whole car will cost 40K+ on average...

One of the reasons people are doing this,specially in Thailand,where you want to keep your original color underneath the vinyl,is the resale value,that really drops when you change the original color...and the vinyl covering will protect the original paint,if done right...and of course you can pick whatever color,design you want,peel it of,if don't like...and of course,this is still pricey experiment smile.png ...

40k for a plain wrap seems like alittle rip off to me for normal car size. i done my single yellow color background wrap with brand "sponsors" decal on my caribian for less than 15000. couldnt remember the exalt price, it was at a odd price like 13650 due to the additional decals. can't say about the quality, sold it off a couple months later but workmanship seems fine but i guess the original paintwork will get damaged somehow as i see alot of penknife trimmings. done at around changphueak

3m carbon vinyl decal on my cb400 tank, fender, rear, 6000 baht. some peelings and it sort of shrink at the fenders. there are cheaper alternative for carbon vinyl but it start to look really kinky for the cheaper ones

Edited by barefoot1988

@mcgriffith, it is too late for info. about 3M Crystalline but may be it could be a useful info. for next time, there is a shop on Tha Pae road, the name is Kuang Sing rotary. Here is map ; http://maps.google.c...47.99,,0,-41.32

Thanks for that cmbe...looks like 3M Crystalline Central!

I probably wouldn't have spent the extra $ for this top line film, but who knows if later it is not an option.

Thanks for the info!

thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

wrapping? someone care to explain? or is it just changing colour of car with sticker?

Just watch the video above your post...it's self explanatory...it's vinyl film applied over your existing paint for whatever reason, like changing color without the actual respray,so you can protect your original car color(quite important for the resale value) ..

Bike decals..

Tagging onto this guys, do you have any recommendations for decals? Design is done by myself, just want a good place for decent print quality.

Also, for full decals (on a bike), what material would you recommend? I did a friends out in vinyl, but, was a cut out design, so a lengthy process.

Have another design for someone else, but this time i want the design printed out, rather than the segments slotting together...if that makes any sense.

Any thoughts?

wrapping? someone care to explain? or is it just changing colour of car with sticker?

Just watch the video above your post...it's self explanatory...it's vinyl film applied over your existing paint for whatever reason, like changing color without the actual respray,so you can protect your original car color(quite important for the resale value) ..

ah whoops got it :P

Bike decals..

Tagging onto this guys, do you have any recommendations for decals? Design is done by myself, just want a good place for decent print quality.

Also, for full decals (on a bike), what material would you recommend? I did a friends out in vinyl, but, was a cut out design, so a lengthy process.

Have another design for someone else, but this time i want the design printed out, rather than the segments slotting together...if that makes any sense.

Any thoughts?

Try this guy...post #16

• Like 1

Bike decals..

Any thoughts?

I was wondering if they could do it on a helmet.

Bike decals..

Any thoughts?

I was wondering if they could do it on a helmet.

...but of course...smile.png

It is pretty interesting how they can get it to follow concave shapes etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLsmPbPyE00

Falang use, heat gun, squeegee 2/3 (different types), thermometer, rule and a surgical blade! Thai would be using, blow torch, some stiff cardboard, phone app (if lucky) for temperature, a lot of guess work and a broken SamSong bottle!

There-in lies the difference in the outcome?

I cannot begin to think about the potential damage inflicted to a vehicle if 'Somchai' and his mates were entrusted with carrying out work like this!whistling.gif