7 Eleven Hotdog Review

rubberduck

For the second time I stood in front of a 7 Eleven, heaving after shoving a 7 Eleven hotdog inside becasue I was a little hungry.

Again I was wondering, 'was it the sausage or was it the bun that almost made me puke ?'

7-Eleven hotdogs are an insult to the name 'hotdog' and should be forbidden to be called hotdogs, because they are not.

Take for example a Hotdog Onsticks, American franschise/ USA imported beef, available in the Philippines, unfortunately not in Thailand. I bet locals their teeth aren't even strong enough to bite a REAL hotdog (with pickels) ! But THAT'S a hotdog !

eat me !

hotdog.jpg

I like the chicken steak burger, but the other burgers and hotdogs at 7-11 aren't worth eating except in desperation.

You can buy beef sausages at real supermarkets, but I doubt you'll ever see them at 7-11 because too few Thais eat beef so it's not worth stocking them

You guys should think yourselves lucky,,,,, in the province where i live a seven eleven hotdog consists of the dog in a bag without the bun,,,,, even though I point out to them that the picture of a hotdog beside their hotplate shows the hotdog complete with bun,,

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

You guys should think yourselves lucky,,,,, in the province where i live a seven eleven hotdog consists of the dog in a bag without the bun,,,,, even though I point out to them that the picture of a hotdog beside their hotplate shows the hotdog complete with bun,,

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

U must be a crazy farang

Last time I asked for one , the girl picked the sausage up with the tongs and cut it with scissors every one inch and threw it in a plastic bag with a cocktail type stick and that was it !

I asked about the picture and where was the bun etc and she just said "no have". It was disgusting and I threw it straight in the bin.

Make my own, buy sausages from TOPPS ( ex waitrose) and fresh buns, caramalize some onions, squeeze of French's mustard and Heinz tomatoe sauce. Job done !

Edited by CharlieH

I like 7-11 hotdogs, though are you sure they actually call them that? If they don't call them hotdogs but something like big-bites then you don't get to complain.

Anyway, my favorite 7-11 lunch consists of a sliced, microwaved Footlong-Bite-Cheese in a bag stuffed FULL with tomato, cucumber, onions and lettuce and some mustard and mayo. Reasonably healthy salad for 25 baht.

EDIT: HA!!! Nothing named a "hot dog" at 7-11. So you don't get to complain, sorry. Here is the list of sausage-shaped snacks they sell, and they're all called something else: http://www.7eleven.co.th/html/products_detail.php?pid=14

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

If you ask specifically for a hot dog they should give it to you in a bun. If you just ask for a big bite, a cheesy bite, or whatever, you get it in a bag. You can get them to put any of the sausages they sell in a bun, they can ring up the bun up by itself.

Edited by DP25

I like 7-11 hotdogs, though are you sure they actually call them that? If they don't call them hotdogs but something like big-bites then you don't get to complain.

Anyway, my favorite 7-11 lunch consists of a sliced, microwaved Footlong-Bite-Cheese in a bag stuffed FULL with tomato, cucumber, onions and lettuce and some mustard and mayo. Reasonably healthy salad for 25 baht.

EDIT: HA!!! Nothing named a "hot dog" at 7-11. So you don't get to complain, sorry. Here is the list of sausage-shaped snacks they sell, and they're all called something else: http://www.7eleven.c...tail.php?pid=14

At the Seven they call it hotdogs too yes (the standard ones in that spongy bun)

Sometimes in a corny mood I asked for a 'mah rohn' (dog-hot) but now way they didn't get it... they don't understand theur own language cheesy.gif

i prefer skinless dogs but 7-11 ones are alright but the bun goes to the thrash. i hate sweet bread with a passion and why they chop dogs are beyond me

just to make some things clear . . i don't think hot dogs as sausages, 2 different thing imo. no one put mustard on sausages!

Edited by barefoot1988