Where Is The Best Car Wash?

kawapower

Not sure about the best, as that's always going to be subjective. However, one place that always impresses me for it's attention to detail, is on the Chaofa West Road, about a couple of Kms from Chalong Circle on the left hand side. It's almost next to the Island Safari offices, with Land and House quite close on the left hand side. I'm pretty hard on my Fortuner, so your March shouldn't present much of a problem.

Sorry, I can't answer your question.

The car care at the Shell garage on the way from Chalong to Kata does a pretty good job. Not expensive. (They also do 2-wheelers)

But I hate the wait.

So sometimes I go to the car care @ Central Festival . You can buy a Titanium card for 4 x polish, 1 x carpet cleaning, 10 x washing, 4 x wash and wax, for something like 12'000 Baht. But the high price is not reflected in the quality.

post-80541-0-92779500-1346169961_thumb.j

The one opposite the barbecue place near Big C (back entrance) was good when I used it, definitely better than PTT in Kata. But tar specks are difficult. I had the same problem recently, not in Phuket, and had to get rid of them slowly and laboriously using some sort of solvent that the GF had found, so it may cost more to get this done; a regular clean won't work.

The one on Nanai Soi 8 in Patong left my new white car a pale wishy washy yellow colour. I think they used the rag for the tyre black to dry off the car or something like that. Needless to say was greeted by the usual giggles and nosepicking when I tried to complain. Cost me 3,500 baht at Rhino 2000 to get it back to white again.

Cheers for all the replies, found a great place, wash, take off all tar, polish then electric buffer, clean inside car 700bht coming from Central towards Chalong, go through first lights, car wash is just before 7/11 excellent service!!

Called in at Home works car place first, they wanted 3400bht, <deleted> off!!

Edited by kawapower

just leave your out in the rain overnight....it really works and you can't beat the price

That's what I usually do! But I doubt it would remove the tar that the OP had on his car.

Edited by Jimi007

just leave your out in the rain overnight....it really works and you can't beat the price

Sorry but I have never heard of rain dissolving road tar!

It was just a joke, but water will dissolve just about anything if you give it enough time...look at the Grand Canyon -- or my rusted out car!

Sorry but I have never heard of rain dissolving road tar!

It was just a joke, but water will dissolve just about anything if you give it enough time...look at the Grand Canyon -- or my rusted out car!

I didn't want to wait 2yrs for the rain to dissolve the tar I wanted it of straight away!!