Suvarnabhumi Fast Track Service

ShopBoy

Yeah; it's rare to spend more than 10 minutes at immigration in my experience. Especially if you have checked bags there is little benefit in the fast track lane. I've had a fast track voucher thing in my bag for almost two years and never found the need to use it. (Around 10 trips in that time)

rolleyes.gif

The best quote i got so far for Fast Track service at Suvarnbhumi aiport is 1760 Baht per person so far.

Is there anyone providing a better than rate than this ?

----------------------

Here's some relevant information.

Whether you wiah to use it or not is up to you...your choice.

If you are disabled....and require a wheelchair...you can request one even on a lowest price discount economy fare.

The airline will provide one.

Now I am legitamately "slightly impaired in mobility" as it is politely called...and the airline I went back to the U.S, with last May provided a wheelchair for me.

For me that "slightly impaired mobility" means:

* I find it difficult to walk more than about 200 meters on hard marble floors...like in airports.

* I need handrails to hold on to going up and down stairs,

* Escalators and travalators...moving walkways...are difficult for me to use.

* Waitng in long queues is difficult because long standing tires my weak legs.

* I can't remove my baggage from the baggage carousel without danger of falling.

So that's why I request a wheelchair.

Along with this (in my case legitamately required) wheelchair comes the following benefits.

* You get wheeled through immigration...exit and entry...basically bypassing the queue.

* Your baggage is collected for you.

* At security checks...including transit through airport security...you get to basically bypass the queue there also.

* Someone wheels you to and from your arrival or departure gates.

* Passport formalities are greatly speeded up because you're in a wheelchair....no waiting in the queue.

And so on.

It's kind of a free fast track service....provided by the airlines.

Most of the wheelchair attendents....at least in the U.S.....are off duty airport security people who push wheelchairs as an extra job.

Give them a small tip....they are only recieving minimum wage anyhow.

As i said...this is just information....up to you whether you choose to take advantage of it or not

wai.gif

Thanks JaiLai so the best is 1300 Baht per pax at this moment.

Anyone else knows a better rate than this ?

The way I see it, it is 700 baht/pax.

1300 Baht if you want the electric cart as well.

it was 700 last time i used it, i now travel business so get complimentary fast track passes. As mentioned though recently there has been hardly any lines at immigration.

As i said...this is just information....up to you whether you choose to take advantage of it or not

wai.gif

And useful information it is. Thanks for that.

I'm slightly better off than you, can walk longer distances but at my slow pace.

Again thanks

Yermaneewai.gif

rolleyes.gif

The best quote i got so far for Fast Track service at Suvarnbhumi aiport is 1760 Baht per person so far.

Is there anyone providing a better than rate than this ?

----------------------

Here's some relevant information.

Whether you wiah to use it or not is up to you...your choice.

If you are disabled....and require a wheelchair...you can request one even on a lowest price discount economy fare.

The airline will provide one.

Now I am legitamately "slightly impaired in mobility" as it is politely called...and the airline I went back to the U.S, with last May provided a wheelchair for me.

For me that "slightly impaired mobility" means:

* I find it difficult to walk more than about 200 meters on hard marble floors...like in airports.

* I need handrails to hold on to going up and down stairs,

* Escalators and travalators...moving walkways...are difficult for me to use.

* Waitng in long queues is difficult because long standing tires my weak legs.

* I can't remove my baggage from the baggage carousel without danger of falling.

So that's why I request a wheelchair.

Along with this (in my case legitamately required) wheelchair comes the following benefits.

* You get wheeled through immigration...exit and entry...basically bypassing the queue.

* Your baggage is collected for you.

* At security checks...including transit through airport security...you get to basically bypass the queue there also.

* Someone wheels you to and from your arrival or departure gates.

* Passport formalities are greatly speeded up because you're in a wheelchair....no waiting in the queue.

And so on.

It's kind of a free fast track service....provided by the airlines.

Most of the wheelchair attendents....at least in the U.S.....are off duty airport security people who push wheelchairs as an extra job.

Give them a small tip....they are only recieving minimum wage anyhow.

wai.gif

My young son has to use a wheel chair permanently. I promise you I would gladly give up these airport 'benefits" for that not to be so.

Your condition sounds genuine and you've every right to the facilities offered to ensure safe and comfortable travel. I hate to see this abused by those whose disabilities are somewhat exagarated and cured once through customs.

If you request assistance like this, some airports / airlines will now ask for a doctor's letter confirming you are fit to travel with your condition.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

Why waste good money? How many times have you got off the plane only to be standing there waiting for the bag guys.

Yeah I only had to wait an hour and 15 minutes last Friday night.

Just came back from Singapore yesterday (Sep 1 my 90 day turn around) and not not have wait very long maybe 3-4 minutes and the imm was fast.

I've travelled business class a few years ago and also have made over a dozen trips in to Thailand in the last 9 years. So I may be blind. What I want to know is: is there signage at immigration indicating this "fast track" service. If so, I've never noticed it, can someone explain what to look for?

Thanks.

I've travelled business class a few years ago and also have made over a dozen trips in to Thailand in the last 9 years. So I may be blind. What I want to know is: is there signage at immigration indicating this "fast track" service. If so, I've never noticed it, can someone explain what to look for?

Thanks.

post-10942-0-28000500-1346588827_thumb.j

Thanks LMan. I've noticed it's a Thai Airways sign. I'm flying back to bkk early Oct business class with United. Are there other fast track lines, or does everyone use the advertised Thai line? Plus, do I get a card/pass from the steward on the plane since I'm in business class? How does that work? Do all business class flyers able to use "fast track"?

Thanks LMan. I've noticed it's a Thai Airways sign. I'm flying back to bkk early Oct business class with United. Are there other fast track lines, or does everyone use the advertised Thai line? Plus, do I get a card/pass from the steward on the plane since I'm in business class? How does that work? Do all business class flyers able to use "fast track"?

Thai fasttrack is for Thai-passengers only.

There's a fasttrack location opposite gate D6 afaik maybe there are others, but that's the one I use on arriving.

Normally every airline landing at BKK gives fasttrack cards to business class passengers.

On departure you'll get your card at check-in.

Have a good trip

Yermanee wai.gif

On the 23/8/2012. I flew with Qatar Airways from BKK to Doha on to Manchester. I checked in online and joined the queue for internet check-in. I was given 3 fast track vouchers just for checking in online. I didnt realise you get your own immigration guy. A very fast and effective service, but I dont think I would have paid for it.

Its a little like sex really. Over in 5 minutes and great if its free, but paying for it. I leave that to others. No thanks.

My last three arrivals at BKK from NRT on UA, in Business Class, I was given a Fast Track Immigration card on the plane. I am pretty sure everyone in Business Class got one of these. The Arriving Fast-Track Immigration area is between the East and West Halls, flip the card over for a detailed map. I haven't used these cards as the regular Immigration Hall first passed - depends on the gate the UA flight arrives at - has always been empty.

I have also been given a Fast-Track Departing card with UA in Business Class departing BKK over ~ 20 departures over the past 3 years, at check-in. I have a used a few of these.

I think it important for people to detail departure or arrival as the Fast-Track Departing areas - there are three I think, one for TG and then two more, roughly near the two new departure halls. (This my have changed since I was last there ~ 5 weeks ago.)

• 3 weeks later...

There's a fasttrack location opposite gate D6 afaik maybe there are others, but that's the one I use on arriving.

Normally every airline landing at BKK gives fasttrack cards to business class passengers.

Have a good trip

Yermanee wai.gif

I don't get it with EVA sad.png

Have a good trip

Yermanee wai.gif

I don't get it with EVA sad.png

Maybe they don't offer this service, or the crew has instructions to distribute them sparingly.

You could ask on your next flight.tongue.png

On one of my Qatar flights the crew forgot, and when I asked I got an embarrassed " Sorry sir " and she rushed to get each business passenger his/her card. biggrin.png

Yermanee wai.gif

I was not given a fast track on Emirates Business Class arriving BKK Airport,i had to line up like everyone else.to get out

Anyone else have this prob with Emirates on touchdown at BKK,BUT ON LEAVING/DEPARTING I got fast track .

Did you ask for it?

My experience with Emirates is that they forget to hand those fast track card quite often.

Now i fly with Turkish and there is a ground staff handing out the cards while coming of the airplane.

Not all airlines hand out those cards as they have to pay for it.

I've been on several flights where they haven't had any, so I've just made sure I take my boarding card stub that's marked J or C class.

Having said that, only once did I get asked and have to explain it, and the bloke was fine with my explanation.

• 4 weeks later...