Non-Immigrant Ed Visa In Manila

I just flew back from the Philippines this morning and wanted to report my experience getting a non-imm visa at the Thai embassy in Manila. I arrived at the embassy in Makati on the morning on Friday, August 24th. There were only three Filipinos ahead of me in line, but it still took about 35 minutes to get to me because there was only one person working there. When I approached and tried to submit my paperwork, I had to wait a long time because the guy working there couldn't read or speak Thai to verify that the paperwork was correct. Eventually a Thai was found and approved it, and I submitted the documents prepared and stamped by my language school, a copy of my passport picture page, two passport size photos, a copy of my return flight to Bangkok, and 2,900 PHP. My pickup time was between 3-5pm on Wednesday, August 29th. I had to wait quite a while because of the two day processing time, the weekend, and a Filipino holiday. When I went to retrieve my passport and visa, I again had to wait quite a while because the only person working there was on the phone. Although the service in the embassy and processing time was a little slow, there shouldn't be any issues getting a non-imm visa here as far as I can tell. Accommodation in Manila can be quite pricey, and traffic can be a nightmare. If you can afford to pay a little more, I'd also suggest flying directly into Manila and not Clark airfield in Angeles. I flew in and out of Clark, and ended up stock in traffic for many hours taking a bus from Angeles City to downtown Manila. Flying directly into Ninoy Aquino airport would be a lot more convenient.

• 10 months later...