Converting Vhs Video Tapes To Dvd

CMNightRider

Make sure the DVDs are high quality or archival, as the dies can deteriorate and you could lose the material with a couple of years.

You're probably aware that VHS tapes can grow some wonderful moulds in the tropics and have to be stored in airtight boxes with a drying agent, just in case something goes wrong with the DVDs.

I've insured things a bit by doing full copies of each of my DVDs onto a 1 Tb Hard drive. Digital copies keep a lot longer than many DVD copies.

• 4 months later...

Thanks so much for the suggestions. The VHS tapes are being mailed to me now and once they are here, I'll talk to the people you guys suggested. I didn't know the tapes would get mold on them over here. Thanks for letting me know that Masuk.

Hey CM Night Rider,

Did you get your VHS Tapes converted?

If sooo, where and how much did they charge you?

I've got about 20 or 30 I would like to get converted here in CM as well.

Thanks!!

Thanks so much for the suggestions. The VHS tapes are being mailed to me now and once they are here, I'll talk to the people you guys suggested. I didn't know the tapes would get mold on them over here. Thanks for letting me know that Masuk.

Hey CM Night Rider,

Did you get your VHS Tapes converted?

If sooo, where and how much did they charge you?

I've got about 20 or 30 I would like to get converted here in CM as well.

Thanks!!

Better get on it quick! Indeed they will mold and you will lose your data.

I got old super 8 film movies of me as a baby done at Pantip plaza on the ground floor. If you come in from the soi at the back of Pantip the tiny shop is on your left. They weren't cheap but they did a good job.

Good luck. I've been trying to get some VHS tapes converted and have tried/paid 5 different places and NO one will pay attention to getting the sound right. On the VHS tapes, the sound is fine but on the DVDs it is inaudible. I'm about ready to buy some cables to hook a VHS player to my computer and get the software and try to record it myself.

Bundled with CyberLink PowerDirector 5 & CyberLink PowerProducer 4