Pet Relocators

Hello

I am new to the forum so if anyone else has asked this before I am very sorry. I am moving to Phuket and I am taking my dog with me. Has anyone any experience at using a professional pet relocator? I don't know whether to use the services of one or make the arrangements for him myself. I know it isn’t going to be cheap as he is a big boy, but a couple of the quotes I have received have been very expensive. In the end it doesn’t matter what it costs, he's going with me, but I just wondered what anyone else has done in the past

How big is the dog?

Is it an Alsation?

Have you used the search engine yet?

Most people have brought in Toys without a problem.

Just make sure it is well vaccinated and you can produce the corect paperwork on demand at the airport on arrival.

How big is the dog?

Is it an Alsation?

Have you used the search engine yet?

Most people have brought in Toys without a problem.

Just make sure it is well vaccinated and you can produce the corect paperwork on demand at the airport on arrival.

Hi

Hre is a German Shepherd and his measurements and weight are:

weight approx 84lbs.

length 49in

floor to belly 17.5in

widest point 10in

height 31in

Yes I have used the search engine and I have asked for quotes from several pet relocators. The quotes so far have been quite high. I have checked with Thai Airways and there amount per kilo for excess baggage is quite expensive. If I do it myself it might work out as expensive as using one of these firms. I am trying to find out without much success how much a vet would charge to complete the DEFRA paperwork. If I could find this out I would be able to compare which is the cheaper option. He is well vaccinated and is going for his booster next month. He will also have the other necessary jabs before he comes. Its like pulling teeth trying to get all the info I need.

Thanks

Edited by pwllgrgn