Volkswagen 1964

hellodolly

I have a friend who purchased a 1964 Volkswagen. Mechanical it is sound as he has a good mechanic with older cars.

His problems are with the rest of the car. Little things come up. Does any one know of a person capable of taking the car and going through it from bumper to bumper. As I said the mechanical is OK it is the rest of the vehicle. If parts were needed would they know where to get them?

re.

I think an oldtimer VW is much sought after in Thailand, and anywhere else in the world for that matter, and I guess a 1964 beetle in prestine condition could easily match close to 1 million Thb.

jan classen is probably right .... old cars like these are worth a fortune here : )

and if you think otherwise : (

enjoy .. dave2

post-42592-0-91044800-1346604193_thumb.j

post-42592-0-26439000-1346604879_thumb.j

post-42592-0-88142700-1346605066_thumb.j

post-42592-0-23520300-1346605160_thumb.j

post-42592-0-65412000-1346605225_thumb.j

You can pick up beetles in good condition for 200k all day long, find deals for 120-150k and find projects for less than that.

Buses are not a whole lot more.

True, but as with all cars there are some years/models/options that fetch higher prices: boat-tail vs. cut tail Alfa spiders; round vs. square taillight BMW 2002s; VW buses with 21 (?) windows; old Mercedes-Benzes with stacked headlights. And this is even before we get into originality and condition. So many old cars have suffered decades of dodgy repairs and modifications-- shiny on the outside, shitty on the inside. I wouldn't be surprised if a truly pristine '64 bug got top dollar.

By the way, I love that Volvo P1800 in dave2's photo. I see it around town from time to time.

You can pick up beetles in good condition for 200k all day long, find deals for 120-150k and find projects for less than that.

i believe you had not take a proper look at them, they are no where near good condition, even at some "reputable" or "popular" beetle shops here. look underneath the fenders, look at the rubber linings, flip up the rear seats, grab a mirror look at the underneath. they are all nothing but a typical amateur job, looking great on the outlook but anything beyond need work. i too was looking at afew beetles here and was terribly disappointed as afew shops i went are supposed to be reputable. they need work, plentiful of it. the chassis, the suspension, the body, the brushing etc etc any classic beetle lover could tell

to properly restore a beetle is not a easy job, you will need to do a great deal of sheet metal works, welding and stuff which i believe your friend is looking for

i believe you had not take a proper look at them, they are no where near good condition, even at some "reputable" or "popular" beetle shops here. look underneath the fenders, look at the rubber linings, flip up the rear seats, grab a mirror look at the underneath. they are all nothing but a typical amateur job, looking great on the outlook but anything beyond need work. i too was looking at afew beetles here and was terribly disappointed as afew shops i went are supposed to be reputable. they need work, plentiful of it. the chassis, the suspension, the body, the brushing etc etc any classic beetle lover could tell

to properly restore a beetle is not a easy job, you will need to do a great deal of sheet metal works, welding and stuff which i believe your friend is looking for

Yes that is what my friend is looking for.

cmbe and BlackArtemis

Thank you for your information.

Black Artemis Do you know the name of the shop and what the name of the general area it is in.

Yes that is what my friend is looking for.

cmbe and BlackArtemis

Thank you for your information.

Black Artemis Do you know the name of the shop and what the name of the general area it is in.

Don't know the name of the shop. But that's right on Ratanagosin road before the bridge. Keep going straight and you will be at Prince/CMIS/Payap ad the 2nd hand weekend market.