CM To Ask For 3 Billion Baht Budget For 7 Projects

Jai Dee

CHIANG MAI MUNICIPALITY PREPARES TO ASK BUDGET OF MORE THAN 3 BILLION BAHT FOR PROJECTS DURING MOBILE CABINET MEETING NEXT MONTH.

The Chiang Mai municipality prepares to ask for budget of more than 3 billion baht for 7 projects for the grand renovation of Chiang Mai town.

Chiang Mai mayor Boonlert Buranupakorn (บุญเลิศ บุรณุปกรณ์) said that during a mobile cabinet meeting on February 6 to 7 in Chiang Mai province, the municipality will submit 7 projects marked 'urgent' to the National Economic and Social Development Board asking to forward the projects to the government. It will ask for the budget of 3 billion baht for the projects aimed at renovating the town.

The projects include building the Education Center at a park in front of the train station, aiming to make it Chiang Mai’s software park, the water detoxification building, the waste management project, the expansion of the Meng Rai (เม็งราย) bridge, the construction of New Nakhon Phing (นครพิงค์) bridge, and the construction of a road connecting Chotana (โชตนา) and Muangsamut (เมืองสมุทร) roads.

He said that the municipality will propose the projects to the NESDB for screening before proposing to the cabinet.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 26 January 2006

Mobile cabinet meeting in CM? Does that mean traffic is going to grind to a halt while VIP motorcades crisscross the city? Can't possible allow tax paying road users to share the same roads as the bigwigs.

I have to visit immigration police on 6th & pick my parents up at the airport on the 7th. Guess I'd better take a packed lunch and a good selection of music for all the delays the boys in brown create :o

Hey, I've got a better idea!!!!

Why not just finish the projects that are almost at a standstill on the super-hiway, first ring road??? You know the ones that are slowing traffic and creating hazards with detours......

:D

Also the access-road to the Night Safari - with its 1.1 million to-date visitors :o

And some lane-markings and 'cats eyes' on the Irrigation Road would be a welcome safety-feature :D

And, i forgot the biggest eyesore and traffic mess that has existed for at least 7 yrs since i've been here.........Thapae road, where all the tourists get their first impression of CM.

Oh, come on. Now when you walk cross the sewage stream bridge, you can look thru newly-rusting artwork to view the turds below.

Edited by JimGant