Where To Get Black Plastic Sheet?

nokia

Just a sheet or the whole Maxliner/Dragonliner/Heroliner/Whateverliner thingy?

I can recommend PPS on the Hang Dong Road for almost any kind of after-market accessories or add-ons. In between the airport-road traffic lights and the middle-ring road traffic lights, on the left side when driving INTO town.

Breath of fresh air dealing with them compared to the typical shops on Charoen Muang Rd.. (Doesn't matter much for a basic sheet of course, but I still like them. :o

That shop/store is the closest thing grown men have to a toy store. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

[Counting to 10, refreshing the page and someone will have added other toy-store-like experiences in non-automotive establishments]

Just a sheet or the whole Maxliner/Dragonliner/Heroliner/Whateverliner thingy?

I can recommend PPS on the Hang Dong Road for almost any kind of after-market accessories or add-ons. In between the airport-road traffic lights and the middle-ring road traffic lights, on the left side when driving INTO town.

Breath of fresh air dealing with them compared to the typical shops on Charoen Muang Rd.. (Doesn't matter much for a basic sheet of course, but I still like them. :o

That shop/store is the closest thing grown men have to a toy store. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

[Counting to 10, refreshing the page and someone will have added other toy-store-like experiences in non-automotive establishments]

Thanks. Any 'toy-store' recommendation is welcome. Already have a black plastic liner on the cargo bed, but thinking of getting a soft cover or a black canvas to cover the cargo bed from dust. Not getting a carryboy or a hard cover, just in case i decide to carry a boat or some bamboo trees home. Just kidding :D

I wanted some kind of "tonneau" cover for a Nissan NV. I stopped at some place on Hong Dong Highway (maybe PPS), but they only make covers for full-size pickups. They suggested that I go to an upholsterer and have them make one. I used a small shop on Chiangmai-Lumphun and they made a tarp that attaches with velcro. It cost 500 baht for the material and 500 for the sewing and installation.

I wanted some kind of "tonneau" cover for a Nissan NV. I stopped at some place on Hong Dong Highway (maybe PPS), but they only make covers for full-size pickups. They suggested that I go to an upholsterer and have them make one. I used a small shop on Chiangmai-Lumphun and they made a tarp that attaches with velcro. It cost 500 baht for the material and 500 for the sewing and installation.

It sounds reasonable, any details on the location of the small shop as CM-Lamphun is quite a long road. Many thanks! :o

It sounds reasonable, any details on the location of the small shop as CM-Lamphun is quite a long road. Many thanks! :o

The shop is on Chiangmai-Lumphun about 2 kilo past Siriwatana (where Mahidol road crosses). There is a bridge where a highway goes underneath, then the shop is just before the PTT service station, both on the West side. There is usually some furniture visible outside waiting for repair. It is just a little room. I did copy their phone number, but I haven't used it: 053-424-915.

But there are also places in Got Luang (farang call it Walarot--I call it Chiangmai's Chinatown :D ), where the upholsterer had to go to buy the tarp, so it may be more convenient to just have it done there. I wouldn't expect much price difference.

The tarp is black (I think a pea green is the only other color available) and is pretty rain resistant but now I wish he had made the tarp a little bigger so that it hangs down over the sides more. I think that would keep water out better, and is the way they do it at that Hong Dong Accessory store. The tarp may be a little more because your truck bed is probably larger than the one on my NV Queen cab.

The shop is on Chiangmai-Lumphun about 2 kilo past Siriwatana (where Mahidol road crosses). There is a bridge where a highway goes underneath, then the shop is just before the PTT service station, both on the West side. There is usually some furniture visible outside waiting for repair. It is just a little room. I did copy their phone number, but I haven't used it: 053-424-915.

But there are also places in Got Luang (farang call it Walarot--I call it Chiangmai's Chinatown :o ), where the upholsterer had to go to buy the tarp, so it may be more convenient to just have it done there. I wouldn't expect much price difference.

The tarp is black (I think a pea green is the only other color available) and is pretty rain resistant but now I wish he had made the tarp a little bigger so that it hangs down over the sides more. I think that would keep water out better, and is the way they do it at that Hong Dong Accessory store. The tarp may be a little more because your truck bed is probably larger than the one on my NV Queen cab.

Thanks folks(farangcm, chanchao,sansai) for helping me save diesel (driving around looking hi & lo).I will check it out when i get back to CM. Cheers! :D

Save the environment, plan your routes in advance!