Hotels Chiang Mai

Blackandwhite

My wife, Myself and my Daughter ( 2 Years ) are traveling to Chiang Mai in April - May for about two weeks. We wish to be near markets, and local attractions but not to busy. bars are not a problem if they are also scattered about.

Please can anybody suggest any where they might have visited before, must have a nice large pool. and nice gardens if possible

If you have a bad back, avoid Rydges, the beds are difficult.

Chang Mai PLaza is older, but big rooms comfortable and convenient to night bazaar. Have stayed there many times.

Empress is also good, both have nice pool areas.Also stayed there recently.

It appears that Top North Hotel which used to be a guest house now has expanded and is nice, good location. Maybe someone from Chiangmai can give more info?

Imperial Mae Ping is also good, small pool. Nice beer garden, Have stayed there a few years ago.

Book through a travel agent, they have better rates than trying to do it directly.

Guest IT Manager

Yes. Far be it from me to suggest that the outside of an airconditioned shopping centre is what you need. However..

Northern Thailand, thank god, isn't quite the same as Bangkok. Quite different in fact. People. Not as many as Bangkok, weather.. not as hot, speed.. not as fast.

Things to see.. few go-go bars.. lots of night attractions. Last night the Mardi Gras. Standing room only. Lop missed that I suppose. Vehicle rental.. 750 per day.. Lop missed that as well.

Restaurants.. the list goes on..

Lopburi, the next time you stay in CM for a night, call me. I will give you to a tuk-tuk driver to show you that you aren't actually dead just yet.

Lopburi, the next time you stay in CM for a night, call me. I will give you to a tuk-tuk driver to show you that you aren't actually dead just yet.

I answered a specific request for information on a hotel with my considered opinion for this specific time period with 33 years of experience living in Thailand (and many months in various years upcountry in Chiang Mai). You may have other reasons for recommending a hotel. But I consider the rates at Lotus to be very good for a hotel of its standard. It may not be what he wants but why not give him a selection and let him make that decision?

And it most surly is very HOT in Chiang Mai in April/May.

Guest IT Manager

Sorry Lop, I was being surly and rude. I apologise.

There are literally hundreds of places to stay in CM. From 5 Stars, such as The Regent, all the way down to places like the Empress.

Late March into April May it is stifling hot. 110 degrees is regular.

Lotus has a HUGE pool. Last time I went it didn't have any decent cover.

Amari has a big pool set in lovely gardens which I always think makes it nice at a pool. (I don't love pools a lot but they are OK in the absence of something better).

Most have poolside service. Amari has a restaurant at the pool which makes eating and drinking excellent. :o

Guest IT Manager
hi IT,

for the vehicle renting , is that the lowest you can get here ? or are there lower possibilities if you rent monthly.

I currently rent a 4X4 pickup ford ranger for only 18.000 bath a month. that 600 a day. but it comes from jontiem.

B

Hi Zen

Can't do a ford ranger, but that's a good rate anyway.

Can do a good condition Sporty 4x4 Caribian for 15K per month.

IT

Guest IT Manager
to rent a 4x4 Suzuki, go to Tawan, soi 1 Rajdamnoen Road. Probably the best rates in town. The owner is a little bit "loutish" but he is straight.

Well god yes, dont want queer vehicles.

Leave your passport at the door.

We do not require passports to be deposited..merely a copy.

Deposit enough to cover the proposed first period.

PM me. Adjan reads signs. I do the work.

if anybody can find me a cheap old pickup to rent or buy. please let me know.

18000 is not luch for this car but is still a lot a month for LOS. need to cut some cost if possible. unfortunatly i need a car to get stuff sometimes.

By cheap i don't mean a 27 year old toyota pickup that still needs to cost 120000 bath....

Still don't understand why superold car owner still want a superhigh price for the wreck.

in belgium a car of Ten,twelve years old is sold between 5.000 and 20.000 bath

b