• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RAZZEL, ilyushin,

The Park is price on application. So you do have to contact them directly. I'm not sure what has happened with prices for new apartments as prices in the area have risen by some 14% since I bought back in April 2005.

The link I published is no longer valid, and instead is now available from the front page, and to be updated every two weeks.

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/index.htm - under ‘Update Construction Photos’.

The Park wrote to all their clients on the 30th September (as agreed in the contract) and have formally advised of a new finishing date of February 2007. They have advised that rather than compromise on quality they will deliver to the full specification, even with increased costs (which they have absorbed), and have also in certain areas improved on the original specification!

Whilst we are eager to take possession the delay in some ways suits our particular situation.

Apparently to build The Park today would mean very significant rises in sales prices. It all looks very reassuring indeed.

• 1 month later...

There is yet another development in the area. The Address@Childlom (formerly, Vogue@Chidlom) will be 38 stories right next to the Park Residence (Somkid Tower) on the North (canal) side.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=373643

I'm not clear what the target market is at this time. Does anyone else know of the development and impact on The Park, though I'm actually on the south side so this does not affect me directly.

• 2 weeks later...

Barney,

Thanks for the update. The Park is in a huge area of land so I do not think that the new development will overwhelm it. I agree that views will be impacted on the north side. I guess I am trying to ensure that the new building will also have its own grounds (as per the new building regulations) and so will complement the area - not bring it down!

post-16669-1164187627_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1164187663_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1164187734_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

One of the major projects in the area (the Athenee Residence) recently won an award at the Thailand Property Awards - Taken from the Skyscraper forum -

Winners of the Thailand Property Awards 2006 announced

Winners of the inaugural Thailand Property Awards were announced last night at a lavish gala dinner held at JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok. The awards ceremony and gala dinner was attended by over 200 distinguished guests from a variety of sectors in the real estate industry including developers, agents, architects, interior designers and real estate associations and organisations. And it was deemed a great success.

The nine award categories included Best Agent, Best Architect, Best Condo Development, Best Developer, Best Interior Designer, Best Real Estate Website, Best Villa Development, Green Development and Real Estate Personality of the Year.

Professor Manop Bongsatad, Chairman of the panel of independent judges, in his speech said;

“Our main criterion was that we would make a judgement based solely on the application received and not assume prior knowledge of the candidate business. We feel that this was the only fair way to make a judgement, as it would not have been feasible to make site visits to all the businesses concerned. In all cases though, we are confident that all the winners represent a level of excellence and high achievement in their respective fields and are worthy recipients of their awards.”

The first year proved the need for a professional awards system for the industry, and was well received by all in the industry. In order to ensure fair judging, a panel of independent judges was created and each award had it´s own set of criteria for judging (see at the end).

Following an extravagant dinner, the award winners were announced:

· Best Agent – Samui Villas and Homes (sponsored by Raimon Land).

· Best Architect – Original Vision Ltd for Samsara (sponsored by Gaggenau).

· Best Condo Development – TCC Capital Land for Athenee Residence.

· Best Developer – TCC Capital Land Limited (sponsored by Indigo Real Estate).

· Best Interior Designer – Laguna Resorts & Hotels PLC.

· Best Real Estate Website – Northpoint (www.northpointpattaya.com) from Raimon Land PLC.

· Best Villa Development – Phuket Prime Property Ltd for Baan Yamu and Dhevatara Properties Co. Ltd for Dhevatara Cove.

· Green Development – Laguna Resorts & Hotels PLC.

The Real Estate Personality of the Year was selected by Ensign Media, the publishers of Property Report magazine and organisers of the Thailand Property Awards. Editor, Karla Cripps, presented the award to Mr Nigel Cornick, CEO Raimon Land PLC, and commented;

“Being successful in an industry as uncertain and competitive as real estate requires an individual with a unique combination of abilities. They must be able to handle the daily pressures of staying afloat in a climate vulnerable to an endless number of factors with flair, which means they need to possess extensive experience and knowledge of local industry practices and the market. We feel this year’s inaugural winner of the Real Estate Personality of the Year Award embodies all these qualities, and is certainly no stranger to the public eye.”

The winners reflect the high quality of real estate development throughout the country, with a mix from Bangkok, Phuket, Samui and Pattaya. One of the most popular award categories, Best Villa Development, saw a tie between Dhevatara Cove in Samui, and Baan Yamu in Phuket. Other notable winners were TCC Capital Land, taking two awards (Best Developer and Best Condo Development) and Laguna Resorts & Hotels PLC who also took two awards (Green Development and Best Interior Designer).

The most popular award, Best Real Estate Website, was claimed by Raimon Land for their Northpoint project in Pattaya (www.northpointpattaya.com), while CEO Nigel Cornick was awarded Real Estate Personality of the Year.

To finish the night, an auction was held to raise money for the Children of the Forest charity (www.childrenoftheforest.com). A variety of gifts were auctioned including two nights at The Nam Hai in Vietnam, two nights in a Banyan Tree Pool Villa in Phuket and a luxury day cruise in Krabi provided by Maan Tawan Cruises. The auction proved popular, and along with some very generous donations from attendees, raised 500,000THB.

In conclusion, Duncan Worthington, Managing Director of Ensign Media, organisers of the awards, added;

“We are pleased to see so many in the industry taking part in the awards and the gala dinner. We are looking forward to next year and hope to welcome even more applicants. We are also considering adding more award categories in 2007.”

For further information, visit www.thailandpropertyawards.com.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of a short and strange update to this subject, so I will also consolidate a few links as well. (Any other news?)

We will shortly be making final payment on The Park Residence (OK a few months away but this is not relevant). Given the recent uncertainty in terms of legislation. We have been advised there are no issues with making the final payment - Is this confirmed by any other buyers into other major projects?

Past posts

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=39330&hl=

The Manhattan, 35 Storey : Chitlom

http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=177314

The Park Residence, 35+28 Storey : Chidlom

http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=82189

The Athenee Residence , 40 Storey : Wireless Road

http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=130008

Central Chidlom British Embassy, 85+46+39 Storey : Chidom

http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t...age=1&pp=20

The Address Chitlom, 24+21 Storey : Chidlom

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=373643

• 1 month later...
There appears to be yet another development in the area the Sansiri Chidlom project

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=438889

Any independent news on the airport link or other major projects?

You can check the latest news on the airport link from the Thai forum at skyscrapercity.com too. It's under "Urban Developments" subforum.

Last I read, which was about a week or so ago, the airport link is 50% completed, and 30% behind schedule. SRT is also asking the gov't for 18 bil baht to pay for the construction cost so far. The construction company is asking for 20 more months of construction. The gov't and SRT are considering the matter as they only want to extend it to another 15 months. (The airport link was originally scheduled to be completed this year.) That's all I know..

Another news that might be of your interest is that, a few weeks ago, the BMA (Bangkok Metropolitan Administration) has given a contract to a compay to carry out a feasibility and preliminary studies of a possible monorail line what would run from Makasan airport city terminal to Platunam to lung suan to chidlom/sathron and then loop back to the city terminal to support the BTS and MRT systems.

I saw one of the first renders of the airport rail link, and in it there was a monorail line similar to what's being studied. So I guess there's a good possibility that it might eventually get built. It will be probably be five or six years from now before it will materialize though as there are many electric rail line projects awaiting to get funded as well (five of which have already been approved by the central gov't.)

Edited by ThaiGoon

ThaiGoon - Many thanks for the information - I find the Skyscraper forum very difficult to navigate please could you post the URL for the airport rail link?

Many thanks PKRV

You're welcome. :o

Here's the link for the airport link:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=357791&page=24 ://http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showt...91&page=24 ://http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showt...91&page=24

And this one is for "Architecture and Urban facilities" subforum (not Urban Developments...my bad):

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=367

Most of it is in Thai though...but there should be enough posts in English that can help you understand what's being reported.

Edited by ThaiGoon

ThaiGoon - Very many thanks for your help. Although the Suanlum Night Bazaar development is not in the area it does in a strange way impact it. Yes please post the URL. Thailand is shifting into high gear Bangkok especially with what is quite obviously its core CBD. All infrastructures are either in place or being developed. It is quite amazing to watch and indeed a privilege to partake.

Old Man River - Appreciated - reciprocating we are expecting our 30 day notification from The Park within the next month or so. We have already signalled to our respective companies our requirement for 3 weeks holiday from the first of May onwards. I think we got this one right!

ThaiGoon - Very many thanks for your help. Although the Suanlum Night Bazaar development is not in the area it does in a strange way impact it. Yes please post the URL. Thailand is shifting into high gear Bangkok especially with what is quite obviously its core CBD. All infrastructures are either in place or being developed. It is quite amazing to watch and indeed a privilege to partake.

Old Man River - Appreciated - reciprocating we are expecting our 30 day notification from The Park within the next month or so. We have already signalled to our respective companies our requirement for 3 weeks holiday from the first of May onwards. I think we got this one right!

pkrv, i hear that all work has stopped at The Park as the developer is suing the contractor.

i live very close to the site and drive past it everyday, it does seem to be moving very very slowly lately, have seen very few workers on site too. dont mean to alarm you and i hope i'm worng but its probably best that you check it out internally whats going on.

thedude - as you are well aware I deeply appreciate your thoughts, and indeed understand. I will engage and post, our resources have been marshalled and are categorically at disposal.

Hello gentelmen. Today I received an email from the developer, Hemeraj. They request I prepare a number documents related to begin transfering my one of the two units I have in the Somkid Tower. This was good until I learned about the above statement. I wonder how this action will impact things, slower but how much slower? What is everyone's gut feeling when the project will be complete? April? July? December? Main thing is they maintain the quality throughout for me. -JRK

Welcome jrkbkk - Neighbour at The Park I believe. I will confess it is good news to see another openly post on what is effectively a unique brand new adventure!

I too agree this issue (if it exists) at worst, could now only cause a delay, though at this point I/we need a holiday, so would now cause an irritation. I have obviously emailed the CEO. To be absolutely candid The Park has been above board at all times, even questions regarding the underground car parking and flood defences and indeed the gym were expertly handled. None the less I will still cross-reference with the guys on the Skyscraper forum - due diligence and all that. Interesting that you are now being asked to start to complete - we have not, yet I would have expected this.

Looking forward to G&T on the balcony.

Okay, I spoke Hemaraj's office today. They confirmed no lawsuit or delay in construction is underway at this time. From both my current residence and my office I am able to see daily activity. For instance, on the Chidlom Tower they began painting the base of the crown yellow. They're now testing the pool's ability to contain water without any leaks. -JRK

jrkbkk - wow I did not know about the pool! - My own investigations also indicate all is well. To be honest Thailand is a country wrestling in its infancy with democracy. It is building its core CBD hence this thread, which is not just about The Park. The Park and indeed the Athenee Residence do however serve as a showcase to the world. No one in their right mind is foolish enough to throw a spanner in the works, particularly at this fragile time.

ashio - My thanks for your open post along with jrkbkk. There were only ever 5 C2 apartments we are on a very low floor and have been advised these complete first (along with the Penthouses). You are higher up. We will openly post on what happens to us- welcome neighbours.

But don't forget! this is the new core CBD for Bangkok! There is much more to this, and I belive Bangkok and indeed Thailand will shine.

There are many other projects - how do they fair.

Below are pics taken of the Park Chidlom Residence as of March 10, morning time. Visiting the site reminded me of those 9volt mosquito racquets used here, because when you look up I saw all these welding sparks on and off illuminating the various rooms they were working on in each of the towers. It seemed busy. Still lots to do though. The overcast sky is quite strange today and so colors look rather depressing in these digital shots, but in person I can assure you this is a mighty soon to be sweet structure. -JRK

post-41842-1173503646_thumb.jpg

post-41842-1173504468_thumb.jpg

post-41842-1173504489_thumb.jpg

Edited by jrkbkk