All Major Projects Ploenchit/langsuan/chidlom/wireless/ruam Rudi Areas

corscrew - no problem. We are having to work remotly with Asian Motifs but even so we too are impressed with the service.

The good news is that they will be able to access The Park on the 5th July to measure up and start installing.

It has been a protracteed experience buying off the plan, not something I would recommend for the faint hearted. However it is now all looking great and we are in the home run.

The project overran by about 1 year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Link: Courtesy of Trajan.

An International Herald Tribune (Business) article on: The Park, and indeed the huge ongoing investment in Thailand and Bangkok (hence the THB strength). Note there are two pages: and they make for interesting reading.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/07/04/business/baht.php

Has anyone at The Park received their 30 day notification of transfer yet? We currently anticipate this at the month or early August.

Edited by pkrv

I don't know if anyone has any additional information on the new airport express? I know I have posted the following link

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=357791

I can see huge amounts of construction in progress, but I unfortunately do not read Thai. How are things progressing with the final station at Makkasan? is there an update on a completion date?

With so many projects nearing completion I thought the following information would be of use to those who need to transfer funds to Thailand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127371

Even if you have a great broker new BOT rules effectively place a 10% tax on all foreign exchange transfers. It is imperative that all currency conversion is done in Thailand. Just make sure you follow the rules and the bank issues the correct paperwork etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Shots taken from within the Park Chidlom! -JRK

I'm not entirely sure how you took the first picture - but I guess it was fun - We are closing in, this will happen along with all other projects in the area.

[bad]

but of course The Park is Best

[/bad]

July status report on The Athenee Residence is that it is on schedule. They have completed 100% on the super-structural works and 87% on the internal finishing works. Inspection is slated for the 4th quarter.

I received an email today from Athenee Residence stating that inspection is scheduled for the 4th quarter.

July status report on The Athenee Residence is that it is on schedule. They have completed 100% on the super-structural works and 87% on the internal finishing works. Inspection is slated for the 4th quarter.

I received an email today from Athenee Residence stating that inspection is scheduled for the 4th quarter.

I expect more towards December than October, but the letter I received also just said 4th quarter.

Interestingly, CBRE are enquiring whether we want to sell (not interested). As the old saying goes, demand is based on location, location, location. Buyers must be people at the Park who are looking for a better location.

I expect more towards December than October, but the letter I received also just said 4th quarter.

Interestingly, CBRE are enquiring whether we want to sell (not interested). As the old saying goes, demand is based on location, location, location. Buyers must be people at the Park who are looking for a better location.

Athenee Residence also asked me if I wanted to sell. I said "No".

Indeed, the buyers are likely from the Park Chidlom. The Park is so luxurious that they're simply making inquiry with the Athenee folks whether units are available for their maids and drivers and so forth. Many units at The Address has sold to Park tenants for such purposes. -JRK

Edited by jrkbkk

Indeed, the buyers are likely from the Park Chidlom. The Park is so luxurious that they're simply making inquiry with the Athenee folks whether units are available for their maids and drivers and so forth. Many units at The Address has sold to Park tenants for such purposes. -JRK

Obviously, both are nice properties, but kidding aside the main thing that bothered me about the Park is that this area is already a parking lot. Once the Park opens more cars will be thrown into the back soi and on to soi Chidlom. The Athenee has easy access to both Wireless and Ruamrudi, a definite plus. Of course, we will have the new office building next door to contend with during rush hour as well, so it may ultimately be a wash as to how long it takes either of us to get out of our parking lots.

Obviously, both are nice properties, but kidding aside the main thing that bothered me about the Park is that this area is already a parking lot. Once the Park opens more cars will be thrown into the back soi and on to soi Chidlom. The Athenee has easy access to both Wireless and Ruamrudi, a definite plus. Of course, we will have the new office building next door to contend with during rush hour as well, so it may ultimately be a wash as to how long it takes either of us to get out of our parking lots.

Old Man River - we have laughed and joked over the rivalry between these two projects in the past (but also by PM), and we agree, both, they are each spectacular developments.

The Park has 4 sublevels of car parking alone - and guess what, I used to drive a Boxster, the most beautiful car I have ever seen. I no longer drive; I would now prefer to take a train/ airport express, plane, taxi or limo. I need a very, very, long break, but then again after a (suitable) break, who knows? Is that not the fun of life?

But as an absolute from us two at The Park –I can personally say we are still waiting for the 30 day notification – it’s soon, but I assure you, you will understand when this situation hits you! (PKRV ), the English have an expression ‘peeing their pants’ (on second thought exposing the inner monologue is not good, but why have the expression?), You get nervous and excited simultaneously perhaps comes to mind, let us hope the innocence of this expression is correct, as we too will become strangers in a strange land.

With so many projects nearing completion I thought the following information would be of use to those who need to transfer funds to Thailand.

Even if you have a great broker new BOT rules effectively place a 10% tax on all foreign exchange transfers. It is imperative that all currency conversion is done in Thailand. Just make sure you follow the rules and the bank issues the correct paperwork etc.

Having spoken to Bangkok Bank UK - There is no concept of a UK account. In my case final payment must essentially be to the developer in sterling - This was reinforced/stressed by Bangkok Bank London. At this time I believe Nationwide can assist with a SWIFT transfer, but will check.

I must be in Thailand to open an account with Bangkok Bank, which I will do to pay bills etc.

Having spoken to Bangkok Bank UK - There is no concept of a UK account. In my case final payment must essentially be to the developer in sterling - This was reinforced/stressed by Bangkok Bank London. At this time I believe Nationwide can assist with a SWIFT transfer, but will check.

I must be in Thailand to open an account with Bangkok Bank, which I will do to pay bills etc.

Nationwide can do - I will come in for it but at least i can point to these threads.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a brief update on The Park (please bear in mind we are amongst the last to take possession). We are currently being advised late November.

Does anyone else have an update on the area?

<Edit Oh I forgot to add there are new pictures today at

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/construction.htm

there are several pages.

End Edit>

Edited by pkrv

We have a brief update on The Park (please bear in mind we are amongst the last to take possession). We are currently being advised late November.

Does anyone else have an update on the area?

<Edit Oh I forgot to add there are new pictures today at

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/construction.htm

there are several pages.

End Edit>

Nice pictures, but I can't seem to find the skytrain in any of them.

Hi Old Man River - It’s a couple of minutes walk and given I no longer drive (by choice) guess what walking is not a problem, I enjoy it!

However as I have said in the past The Park is slightly offset from core traffic arteries that’s what made it appealing to me. These things are personal choice, nothing more or less.

• 2 weeks later...

ntw <script type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_15224871", true); Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2007Location: LeedsPosts: 3 <Taken from The skyscraper forum>

The Park I personally think a November exchange will be quite hopeful. I was on site last week and there is so much still to do. There were a literally hundreds of workmen there, so they are trying, but i think there are a few months left before the buyers can get in, snag their units etc...

From speaking to a few people there they believe Christmas will be the more likely hand over date, although one guy did say Easter, but i hope he is joking.

On a positive note it is far better than i had hoped. The communal areas are of a very high quality, think an expensive 5 star hotel and then some. The swimming pool is massive if a little thin, but has an interesting rock jacuzzi feature and quite a large smim up bar. The sun deck is also big and has a modern staircase up to the gym changing rooms. It does seem like it will have a lot of staff, pool, gym, reception, cleaners and 2 shifts of 28 security guards. As yet they do not know the ground rent, but i expect it to be high.

Interesting a large section of the foreign quota has been taken by Arabs, with 2 dollar billionairses having invested and plan to use it to escape the Middle East Summer heat.

The Park has stopped selling units now, they have 20 left but will resume at 150,000 per sq m when it is completed. Cbre believe the rent will be 600 per sq m PCM, which does not work out at such a great investment. It is believed that at least 20% of the units have been bought by investors, so we shall see if the price drops as these guys try to off load their units.

I do have quite a few pictures but don't actually know how to up load them.

Another brand new for Rajdamri road (Soi Mahadlek 2) nearly Four Season Hotel only 200 meter from Rajdamri road. But this is lease hold 30 years. The price not so high compare with other condo with same condition (leasehold 30 years).

Owner is Taiwanese without any loan from bank for this project (fully paid by developer).

Detail visit www.therajdamri.com

The new airport express see http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...791&page=45

ถไฟด่วนสนามบิน อินชอน - กิมโป - กรุงโซล (AREX - 공항철도- 空港鐵道 กงฮังเชิลโล) ตอนนี้เปิดช่วงอินชอน - กิมโป เพื่อเชิ่อม 2 สนามบิน เข้าด้วยกัน เปิดใช้งาน 23 มีนาคม 2550

ตอนนี้กำลังขุดอุโมงค์จากกิมโป ไปกลางกรุงโซล (สถานีรถไฟโซล) อยู่ครับถ้าเสร็จก็เข้าเมืองเลยสบายแฮแต่ตอนนี้ต้องต่อรถไฟใต้ดินสาย 5 ที่ กิมโป ก่อน แต่ต้องจ่ายพิเศษค่ารถใต้ดินสาย 5 นะ เพราะไม่มีตั๋วต่อ

431382886_1386015e5b.jpg

รถไฟสายนี้ลงทุน 4.1 ล้านล้านวอน (12000 ล้านบาท) เฉพาะ ส่วนกิมโป - อินชอน ก็ 1.8 ล้านล้านวอน (5400 ล้านบาท) ให้สัมปทาน 30 ปี

ชานชลาสถานีสนามบินอินชอน

AREX-Incheon-intl-airport-platform.jpg

สถานีสนามบินกิมโป

gimpo.jpg

ปากทางออกรถใต้ดินสาย 5

431383962_bde67f6e0c_b.jpg

พี่หมอ กะอาจารย์ตุ้ย ต้องเก็บตั๋วรถด่วนสนามบินอินชอนนี้ไว้เปนดี

431384127_17fa0eea33_b.jpg

ในรถ Airport Transit

431382917_dfc1673d2a_b.jpg

ใรรถด่วน Airport Express

431383147_f20c051fef_b.jpg

สาย Airport Transit คิดค่าตั๋ว 900 - 3100 วอน (100 วอน = 3 บาทกว่า)

สาย Airport Express คิดค่าตั๋ว 3100 วอน ไม่จอดป้ายที่ไหน นับว่าไม่แพง แต่จริงๆ จะเอา ถถึง 7900 วอน (240 บาท) แต่กลัวว่าคนจะไม่ขึ้นเลยต้อง ลดแลกแจกแถม

แผนที่รถไฟด่วนสนามบิน

431382964_29c10f4f35_b.jpg

REF: http://www.arex.or.kr/jsp/eng/main.jsp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incheon...rport_Railroad

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7414499...7600017869449/__________________

BKK Mass Transit Expert user_offline.gifreport.gif

:o

I'd like to get this thread merged into one of those cost of living threads we see so much of in this forum

Great idea :D:D:D

Baan Rajchaprasong is a leasehold condo, be very careful when deal with this project. They are having many problems with the last condo right now. :D:bah::bah:

• 2 weeks later...

Where are we on this little lot?

The Trendy is in the process of completing

The Park I can say is delayed - Although I have photos which are fab, they are a bit too personal to post here. I'm now thinking more November/December, but as I can see the situation, I am surer, especially as we will be one of the last to be physically finished.

Skytrain Makkasan terminal (near Petchaburiin station- thanks quicksilva) in progress

Athenee?

Edited by pkrv

The Park I can say is delayed - Although I have photos which are fab, they are a bit too personal to post here. I'm now thinking more November/December, but as I can see the situation, I am surer, especially as we will be one of the last to be physically finished.

Skytrain Makkasan terminal (near Petchaburiin station- thanks quicksilva) in progress

Athenee?

Technical term - bugger - I forgot to say how are the Manhattan and The Address doing and the Sansiri? all in the same boat.

Edited by pkrv

Athenee?

Technical term - bugger - I forgot to say how are the Manhattan and The Address doing and the Sansiri? all in the same boat.

Manhattan is ready for handover.