Chiang Mai To Udon Thani Vip Bus Options?

btowny

Hello,

I want to get the overnight bus from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani. What are the vip bus options, Price? Departure times?

I have been quoted 666 baht at bus station 2 the one on the super highway that leaves at 2000 and gets in at 0700.

Cheers in advance.

The price 666 baht is correct for Chiang Mai - Udon Thani, VIP 32 seats, one stop to eat at Phitsanulook, leave at 20:00 o'clock (everyday), 712 km., approx. 10 hours and 30 minuites.

There are a newVIP buses 24 seats VIP from Chiang Mai- Udon Thani, 888 baht, I'm not sure about time (20:00 or 20:30).

Take Nakon Air bus service this is the company my tuk-tuk driver rides. Very good safety record 2 drivers on the bus for long hauls

You must mean Nakonchai Air. Do they even go C.M. --> Udon Thani? I don't think they do unless it is a new route for them. They are great to BKK -- taken them many times.

Take Nakon Air bus service this is the company my tuk-tuk driver rides. Very good safety record 2 drivers on the bus for long hauls

You must mean Nakonchai Air. Do they even go C.M. --> Udon Thani? I don't think they do unless it is a new route for them. They are great to BKK -- taken them many times.

Nakonchai Air or NCA as it is known as does not go to Udon Thani from Chiang Mai. The mix up is the confusion in names between Ubon Thani and Ubon Ratchathani. 'Ubon and Udon'. http://primia.net/thaibus/

yep new bus to UT--888..they say wifi--massage seat and 2 level...they have a new booth at arcade

now that they have the new station next door i take a new bus to KK and then can get laos visa there and book intrntl bus to VT-laos if thats where ur going---id like to fly but too much for me--but quicker

new bus was very good--lower lever--front seat--no breakdowns!!..then to UT from KK-no more cm-ut!

yep new bus to UT--888..they say wifi--massage seat and 2 level...they have a new booth at arcade

Dam, I ended up paying 666 for the 8pm vip bus run by chackrapong tour. The bus configuration is four across not the standard three across vip.

Where abouts in the bus station is the booth?

Ur braver than I am.Have ya heard of the accidents going that route.I use nok air.Good luck.

I have not heard of any. Is there a lot or is it just rumor.

How often are they?

Are the accidents buses or private vehicles?

http://www.udonmap.c...ead-t24699.html

That would be a alarming statistic if the route had only opened in April of 2012. 1 accident with 6 dead in a tour bus.

Some how I think the road has been open a lot longer than that. And if it has only had 1 accident I would call it a very safe way to go.