Closing Threads

markt

Two threads on the subject of paying a dowry have been closed by Dr PP recently.

Some might say that this topic has been done to death, but as new members are always joining, surely they might have something new to say?

Nothing nasty was being said in the last thread, so one wonders if this is a touchy subject for the good doctor? :o

Guest IT Manager

Markt if you are seriously interested in the info on dowry payments, PM the people who said they would/will/have and get specifics for your situation.

Threads are rarely closed unless they go so far off topic, or are handled elsewhere that it becomes confusing, specifically to the new people you mentioned, or in some circumstances where the subject matter will not be handled here due to terms of service.

We as admins apreciate the input about issues dealt with here, but we need to be aware that the nature of any forum, is that if not carefully managed, is for the threads go on to a point where they are essentially meaningless.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IT Manager

Hi Bronco,

Actually it wasn't that itchy. I contemplated what the post added to the thread for several minutes, before deciding it was inappropriate to the topic at hand.

I am also an Aussie, as you know I think. I don't either like the treatment many people get when they have gone back. It doesn't mean I want to ditch my passport, but I can relate to the frustration expressed in the Judges post. As I said there, it has happened to me as well.

Your post attacked him as a person, which I will not allow here outside the bearpit, and was enough off-topic to make me decide the way I did.

If on the other hand you had rationally argued why he wanted to ditch his passport, and the reasons as you see, that it is better not to, it would have stood.

:o

IT

after your well thought out contemplation, I would have thought an acknowledgment of the post and then your "EDITED BY ###### IN "THE GOOD OF THE BOARD" would have been added, but to disappear completely smacks of censorship by personality. I did give my thoughts to the guy in a personal manner but I can say that it would be a one off situation, or should we say not very common occurence. As an Adelaide person I speak with authority the people here do a good job and if "the jerge" s mate had a problem then maybe it was for good reason.

If he wants to dispose of his passport then sell it no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunbelt does an extraordinarily good job on the forum. He spends time guiding and advising people on here without recompense. It was unacceptable for him to be attacked in the manner that he was. Read his offerings... he even invited some detractors to come and visit his office and see for themselves how he ran things. The suggestions made were unfair and grossly improper

Guest IT Manager

I agree. I missed the ones that George knocked on the head, but had some time later, in the Chat room, to discuss the issue, with not one suspended member but two.

I am pleased beyond description that people feel enough good things about this community to come back even after a break for being thoughtless.

I feel that generally the board offers enough to keep folks on it for an amount of time that they get a reasonable sense of the "livingability" that those of us who call the Kingdom home, find.

The board is rapidly becoming a community in its' own right, and I am very proud of that.

Is it such a sin to post ones feelings about Sunbelt Asia ,even with out being vulgar or offensive in any way .I posted about the guys attitude towards Goverment corrution and the post was removed .Had my post been aimed at anyone other than Sunbelt it would have been allowed to stand.Reminds me of the actions of Taskins Goverment when anyone speaks out about them

I await your reply

• 1 month later...