Do You Remember Choosing A Team To Support?

mjj

BTW Mr BJ, where is Old Trafford? laugh.png

Just outside Manchester Toady. I went to watch the Lady Boy's of Bangkok there once. Now they play there every other saturday laugh.png

I think I might report this post to the mods laugh.png Is Manchester in the North East then?

What are you harping on about Toady. Do you not know where OT is? I thought you'd seen a picture and shared it with james. laugh.png

• Like 2

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daddies is better than HP. Loads of it over any savoury pastry, especially sausage rolls. Bloody lovely.

Anyone found Daddies brown sauce here?

no. HP sauce is the brown sauce. if you walked in a caff for a brekkie and there was daddies on the table you turned round, left and went to another caff. it's like any ketchup that isn't heinz, it can only ever be slightly disappointing.

So very wrong. HP is too sweet, it's got a barbeque sauce tang to it.. Daddies is more hardcore. Agree on the Heinz ketchup though.

Daddies is better than HP. Loads of it over any savoury pastry, especially sausage rolls. Bloody lovely.

Anyone found Daddies brown sauce here?

no. HP sauce is the brown sauce. if you walked in a caff for a brekkie and there was daddies on the table you turned round, left and went to another caff. it's like any ketchup that isn't heinz, it can only ever be slightly disappointing.

So very wrong. HP is too sweet, it's got a barbeque sauce tang to it.. Daddies is more hardcore. Agree on the Heinz ketchup though.

no malt vinegar or tamarind in daddies. it's a pale imitation of HP.

• Like 1

Could we not set up a Joys of Rochdale thread - it certainly seems the place to be. Do they have an Ice Hockey Mr BJ?laugh.png

No Toady....Devon and Cornwall is the place to be in England tongue.png

I prefer Cornwall, Devon's not really the real deal - although lived in Plymouth for 3 years. They don't make proper pasties, and they don't make proper clotted cream smile.png

Pasties would knock the pastry off the crap pies that most football league clubs serve up. That's the best reason (maybe the only reason) that Cornwall should have a football league team.

Could we not set up a Joys of Rochdale thread - it certainly seems the place to be. Do they have an Ice Hockey Mr BJ?laugh.png

I prefer Cornwall, Devon's not really the real deal - although lived in Plymouth for 3 years. They don't make proper pasties, and they don't make proper clotted cream smile.png

You can harp on about Pasties all day Toady but until you know how to make proper Gravy to put on the top, they will never taste any good. tongue.png We can even make those Scottish Pies taste good with our Gravy. Now that is a miracle.

Pasties are fantastic, but a stotty cake stuffed with ham and pease pudding washed down with chips covered in gravy and mushy peas can't be beaten.

Pasties would knock the pastry off the crap pies that most football league clubs serve up. That's the best reason (maybe the only reason) that Cornwall should have a football league team.

Give over man. Cornish-bloody-pasty's don't come close to being as tasty as Hollands Meat and Potato pie, Mushy Peas and Gravy. We are talking serious heaven in a foam tray.

Northern monkeys...Daddies sauce indeed!

Thought you were the Northerner and we were the Southereners blink.png

Don't mistake Highlanders with Northerners mrboj....we're a far more canny bunch.

Mancs are alright though I suppose....:D

Edit: Folk from the Midlands talk funny...have you noticed that? :P

Edited by smokie36

Don't mistake Highlanders with Northerners mrboj....we're a far more canny bunch.

well we don't wear skirts for starters. not on a weekday at least.

They are quite useful at weddings for a quickie with the bridesmaid Stevie.

You English of course prefer beating each other with hairbrushes and dressing up in latex.

Or whinging about great tennis players. :)

You English of course prefer beating each other with hairbrushes and dressing up in latex.

Or whinging about great tennis players. smile.png

if you don't mind mate i am 51% irish. ;)

Or whinging about great tennis players. smile.png

if you don't mind mate i am 51% irish. ;)

:lol: My apologies.

mjj, not really a surprise that you were supporting them before 2005 but certainly a surprise if you were supporting them before 1996 4.gif

I remember being dragged across Vauxhall Bridge,by the old man,at the age of four (1951). What sticks in my mind was that,no matter where you lived in South London,everybody walked to the ground.

mjj, not really a surprise that you were supporting them before 2005 but certainly a surprise if you were supporting them before 1996 4.gif

I remember being dragged across Vauxhall Bridge,by the old man,at the age of four (1951). What sticks in my mind was that,no matter where you lived in South London,everybody walked to the ground.

Didn't you claim to be 37 just the other day?

Indeed he did...the doddery old fellow! cheesy.gif

I think you'll find oldgit was quoting Monty Python but it seemed to go over everyone's head.

biggrin.png

I think you'll find oldgit was quoting Monty Python but it seemed to go over everyone's head.

biggrin.png

Never watched Monty Python...before my time time.