Visa agencies

Hi, after studying many possibilities on how to stay here for a long term I have pretty much made my mind up that using an agency is what will work for me.  Can you recommend a good reliable one?  Has anyone worked with Express Visa? I saw this posting here

http://forum.thaivisa.com/cgi-bin....1;t=337

and I wonder if you can recommend S&A Visa as well.

Thanks for the help

:o

The url you posted was regarding S&A Visa. They are illegal, but say they are following the law. I doubt it.

Illegal Visa agents - a few related news links:

http://www.thaivisa.com/431.0.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/339.0.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/477.0.html

Hundreds of passports travels every day to Malaysia without their owners, it's a multi million baht business every month.

It might work, but you can end up in jail and be deported for illegal entry if immigration finds out, as you have not entered in person.

Stay away from the agents and do your visa runs by yourself!

We have asked S&A Visa for a comment, but they have not answered our emails.

It was considered legal to send passports via agents until a couple of years ago.

The law says:

l“Any foreigner who is found not to have done the process himself or herself, correctly, will be charged with illegal entry into Thailand, and may be expelled and blacklisted.”

Assigning another person to obtain an entry stamp on one’s behalf is illegal under the Immigration Act, 1979.

I have tried to contact S&A Visa by phone all evening today, but got the message that they are closed for holiday.

I am re-posting their latest newsletter here for your information, and we hope they reply when back in office. We have edited out external adverts, any phone numbers, URL:s, Internet tracking codes and email addresses from their latest monthly email newsletter, sent out on March 1, 2003. No vital info has been edited or deleted

Please be advised that the business conducted by S&A Visa might be illegal, as we, Thaivisa.com, understand the law. This forum takes no responsibilty for the information in this email relay. We want our members to follow common sence and the Thai law.

Please consult your nearest Immigration office or Law Office for updated info. /George

--  Copy of S&A Visa Newsletter - March 2003 ----

March N/L   Date :    Sat, 01 Mar 2003 09:18:53 +0700  

MIME-Version: 1.0

Received: from mc8-f21.law1.hotmail.com ([65.54.253.xxx]) by mc8-s11.law1.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.5600); Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:41:38 -0800

Received: from mail.ksc.net.th ([203.107.xxx.1]) by mc8-f21.law1.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.5600); Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:41:37 -0800

Received: from user (mail.ksc.net.th [203.107.xxx.1])by mail.ksc.net.th (8.12.3/8.12.3) with SMTP id h213ZguT002684;Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:35:43 +0700

X-Message-Info: dHZMQeBBv44lxxxxo4B5bAg==

Message-Id:

X-Sender: [email protected]

X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.3 (32)

Return-Path: [email protected]

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 01 Mar 2003 03:41:37.0381 (UTC) FILETIME=[7665D150:01C2DFA4]  

Please note: Our office will be closed from Thursday 20th March and open again on Monday 31st March. If you need border stamps during this time, please make sure we receive your passport no later than Monday 17th March.

S. & A. Co., Ltd. is a legally licensed, western managed firm doing business in Thailand. When you have visa questions or problems, give us a call - WE'RE HERE TO HELP!

S. & A. is fast, safe and reliable.

In Pattaya; please call Michael at (0X) 221-xxxx, or (038) 42xxxx ext 208;

In the rest of the country, call our hotline at (01) 373-xxxx for one year visas!

If you do not wish to continue receiving this newsletter, kindly click on the 'reply' button and type unsubscribe in the subject line and send! We will remove your name from the mailing list. S & A. has never disclosed names or addresses from our mailing list!

New: With the continuing campaign by the police being conducted until April 30th, we once again urge everyone not to overstay! Roadblocks, random checks can only result in headaches and grief if you are stopped and have an overstay. Call now and we can fix it.

New info: Please visit our website for information concerning types of visas available and requirements for work permits. http://geocities.com/xxxxx/workpermits.htm

Some common sense tips to make your life easier!

Always carry a photocopy of your passport with you at all times. The police CAN hold your if you do not have your passport. With a photocopy they will usually let you go!

Check your departure date and your passport expiration date. These are important. Every week we get someone in a rush for a visa and they have overstayed (increasing their expense) and in a hurry for a visa that cannot be issued due to passport expiration!

You cannot get a new visa unless your passport remains valid.

If you want something on the very cheap,...you will have to go to the border yourself.! Save all the bother, fuss, discomfort and risk of visa refusal! Let us do it for you!

DON'T LISTEN TO RUMORS and self appointed 'experts' Get the facts before your

act. We are here to help! Call us.

If you have visa questions or problems, call us! Call us yourself and don't have your wife

or a friend do it for you. YOU have the problem, we HAVE the questions and YOU have

the answers we need in order to help you! 01-373-xxxx M-Sat. 10:00 to 19:00.

There are people in this world that ....have a tendency to listen to anything that anyone has to say! A lot of half-correct or dis-information goes out and these people never check their sources! People love to believe rumors in light of conflicting facts!

We cannot stress enough that to listen to rumours and then to ACT, without checking the facts; can only cause unnecessary problems and greater expense for all concerned!

THINK, call us for the facts....then act!

When we call you to tell you your passport has arrived back, don't delay in picking it up!

It is in your interest to receive your passport as soon as possible.

If you change your telephone number or email during the time we have your passport, make sure you notify us of the change.

Remember: If you are in an overstay position and want us to deal with the situation, we charge you only to the day we receive your passport. We don't add additional days on as it is our responsibility to clear it for you as soon as possible.

Good news! If you have been previously married to a Thai, this can help on your next visa.

Jobs! Before leaving your current job, it is essential for you to obtain your tax payers card, your tax return (completed form 90 or 91) and paid tax receipts (yellow cash register receipt) from your place of work. And a release letter from your employer!

It is your responsibility to do so. You cannot change your visa sponsorship over to a new employer without these. Your employer will have all of this and they are obligated to give them to you, but you have to ask for them. It is your right to have them. If they don't or you don't want to ask for them, we can still help!

Important: Be sure to check the departure date on your entry stamp! We must have your passport in our office at least 4 days before your departure date. Overstays are 200 baht per day! It is also important to check the expiration date on your passport!

Standard Visas:-

:- The non-immigrant multiple entry 'O' type visa will require 2 color passport photos. The fee for this visa is 12,500 baht and valid for one year with multiple entries permitted. This fee includes activation. A single entry non-immigrant visa is 8,500 baht. We will need your passport and fees at least 4 days in advance of your stated departure date.

-------------------

Special categories:-

For foreigners married to a Thai, a non-immigrant visa can also be extended for a one-year period of stay. There are documentary requirements and employment or funds on deposit are required.

An O-A 'Retirement' visa. 1. Applicant must be over 50 years of age. 2. Have proof of savings in excess of U.S. $ 20,000 and/or an annual income (pension or otherwise from outside Thailand) of $20,000 p.a. 3. A health certificate stating that the applicant is free from disease and 5. Proof of marriage for your spouse. All other documentation as in other visa applications must be provided along with a special application form.

The non-immigrant, multiple entry 'B' type, one year visa will require company documentation. If you have difficulties with this;... Give us a call for details. Fee 12,500 baht. You need this type of visa, in order to get a work permit.

-------------------

:- A single entry tourist visa is 7,000 baht and a double entry tourist is 8,000 baht.

If you have any immigration questions or need further information, check our website or call us! Our hotline number is - 01-373-xxxx. We offer free pick up and delivery in central areas of Bangkok.

S. & A. Co., Ltd.

--- end ---

Thank you all for the reply, I do know that this is ilegal but hey! isn't Thailand one of the must corrupt countries in the World? I just don't get the arrival visa so I can't do the visa run.  

I want somebody out there to tell me that (legally or not) this can work.  As far as I've seen trying to do it the right way is no good at all, I spend time and money travelling to Singapore to only get a single entry.

How can I get a hold of S&A?

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to check the behavior of bad agencies is to call...

One Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits for Foreign Investors, Experts and Correspondents is located at Krisda Plaza, 3-5th Floors, 207 Rachadapisek Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10310, Tel. (662) 693-9333-9, Fax. (662) 693-9340.

Deputy Director is Khun Apasara Satayavadhin... Extension No. 103

Or Khun Bung-On Thita-phisarnpol... Head of Work permit Unit... Extension No. 104

Just tell her that Mr.Wisarut recommendation...

The bad people are all around the world... but the majority of Thai's government officers are free from corruption...

As former government's officer... I feel very bad for this event...