Zoo Coming To Ubon In 2013

chris26be

Zoo coming to Ubon in 2013

Ubon-zoo-220x119.jpg

Ubon Ratchathani will have it’s own zoo very soon.

Construction has been going on since the beginning of 2012, and the new zoo will be expected to open for the public in the middle of 2013.

The Zoo is open-style, which means that visitors will be driving around watching the animals in their natural environment.

The Ubon zoo will be the biggest in the region.

and where is the location?

It is located near the new Ubonratchathani's city hall on Chaeng Sanit rd.

I think I will believe Chris first as the location is in Ubon. The Trakan Zoo may be the upgrading of the Tiger Zoo. I have fond memories of the new location for Ubon's new City Hall. That is where the Ubon Forage station used to be. In 1977 I had several forage seed fields there. When I returned to Ubon in 1994 I put down research trials at the station next to main road. Now it is the entrance way for the court house. The forage station is located in Amnart where I currently have field research trials selecting new forage species for the tropics. I hope in the open zoo the animals are able to walk and lie down on good grasses.

I added a pic to Panoramio a couple weeks ago. You can see it on a map here. http://www.panoramio.../photo/77447296

From looking at your map closely, I gather that the new zoo must be up behind the Cancer hospital, The Handicap school and the other government offices that are in the area know to locals as "Soon Lao" That is, where the Lao refugee camp was in the 1970s. Am I correct? At the far northern end of Huay Chaeramae and the Charemae dam?

In that case (for you AliasJohn), one would not go on the Yasothon Road to the new courthouse but turn right before the twin bridges and continue turning left to the Cancer hospital and wind your way in behind there somewhere. I did hear on the local Ubon Radio that the Zoo would cover an area of 1000 rai.