Weekend Getaway With Thaivisa In Khon Kaen

raro

post-6036-0-61813900-1347256614_thumb.jp

10 years of Thaivisa - this calls for a Carlsberg!

Thaivisa.com will be celebrating its tenth year of providing you News, information and of course the forum where all the fun happens, to commemorate this auspicious occasion we will host six parties across the country!

In Khon Kaen we will have not only a party on 20th of October but also a weekend getaway package. Your choice whether you want to attend the party only or the entire weekend!

Weekend Getaway at the Castle Howchow Beach Resort Hotel Near Khon Kaen.http://www.castle-howchow.com/

You are encouraged to bring your family!

3 Days 2 Nights all inclusive Breakfast and Evening Meal and Party

Friday 19th October evening dining, “Castle Howchow Fusion Food Fair”

Saturday Morning Full English Breakfast.

Saturday Evening Thaivisa Party

Sunday Morning Full English Breakfast.

Suite Chalet Poolside @ 6,000 Baht. (2 adults plus 2 children up to the age of 10 years) 4 x English Breakfasts plus evening meal on Friday evening

Deluxe Chalet Poolside @ 4,000 Baht. (2 persons per room) 4 x English Breakfasts plus evening meal on Friday evening

Superior Deluxe Chalet Poolside @ 3,800 Baht. (2 persons per room) 4 x English Breakfasts plus evening meal on Friday evening

Superior Chalet, Lake Garden and Orchard Garden @ 3,000 Baht. (2 persons per room) 4 x English Breakfasts plus evening meal on Friday evening

Family Chalet, Orchard Garden. 4 persons @ 6,000 Baht including 8 x English Breakfasts plus evening meal on Friday evening.

Check in any time after 12 noon, on Friday 19th October 2012. Checkout on October 21 @ 12 noon.

Rooms will be given out on first come, first serve basis. Bookings need to be paid in advance to the Castle Howchow.

See you all there

The Thaivisa Team

A map would be nice, or at least coordinates. The resort's site doesn't show a map.

I just returned from Kranuan ten minutes ago, went there for watermelons. I got two at about 2-3 kg and two at about 1kg, all for 60b.

I live just next door in Amphoe Nahm Pawng. I'm very interested in this gathering. It would be nice to speak English for a change, I hope I can remember how to speak it and not just type it.biggrin.png

Edited by riceyummm
  • Like 1

Google Maps directions:-

https://maps.google.....004415&vpsrc=6

So again, it is not clear to me how to "sign up" and how to book and prepay for a room???? Maybe it's just me rolleyes.gif

Reservations:

Castle Howchow Beach Resort Hotel

309 Howchow Road

Amphur Kranuan

Khon Kaen 40170

Thailand

Email: [email protected]

Telephone 043-252-618-9

To protect your identity/privacy I have edited out all real names from the sign-up thread.

There is NO NEED to reveal your real name. Not on this board, not even during the party.

But for signing up for the weekend package, you tell your REAL NAME to the resort, but no need to mention your thaivisa nick!

As we do not know you, we might ask you to sign up on a laptop at the door so have your login name and password ready

cool.png

Thanks for the links everyone, very helpful.

I can't commit just yet as I may have to do something else that day. I suspect the resort will be full by the time I know so I googled hotels in Kranuan and came up with only Howchow. Anyone know of other accommodations in the area? Even though I live relatively close I don't want to drive after a party. I can't be trusted at parties.drunk.gif

Raro, i think that you have done a great job to organise this at what looks to be a good resort and even though i thought " Where the hell is that" at first i found their web site very good with a Directions to get there section which provided a map and directions from Mukdahan to the Resort which is very good and it is a much shorter journey then to KK itself. Unfortunately i will be back in Oz at this time so i cannot attend, a pity as i was looking foward to it. Hope all goes well and a great time is had by all.

Thanks for the links everyone, very helpful.

I can't commit just yet as I may have to do something else that day. I suspect the resort will be full by the time I know so I googled hotels in Kranuan and came up with only Howchow. Anyone know of other accommodations in the area? Even though I live relatively close I don't want to drive after a party. I can't be trusted at parties.drunk.gif

You don't need accommodation you can kip where you fall! tongue.png plenty of sofa's there.

• Like 1

The idea was that - since Isaan is a bit of an area - we have one more or less central location for the party. Those living in the vicinity attend the party. Those living further away stay over the weekend. Needless to say, this option is also open for those living in the vicinity.

I must say the number of sign-ups is quite disappointing compared to the enthusiasm shown in the thread asking for a party in general earlier this year. What's wrong? Please let us know, we want to make this happening!

The idea was that - since Isaan is a bit of an area - we have one more or less central location for the party. Those living in the vicinity attend the party. Those living further away stay over the weekend. Needless to say, this option is also open for those living in the vicinity.

I must say the number of sign-ups is quite disappointing compared to the enthusiasm shown in the thread asking for a party in general earlier this year. What's wrong? Please let us know, we want to make this happening!

For me, too far away from the city.

• 2 weeks later...

Too far away from which city??

HL biggrin.png

Too far away from which city??

HL biggrin.png

Guess I should have said...Khon Kaen. Basically I am saying I would rather see the party within a city area than some remote resort. That's just me anyway. My original vote was Nong Khai and I live in Korat, so travel is not an issue.

Everybodys choice, and I respect yours, but as I recall it only took about twenty or thirty minutes to drive from Tescos in KK to the resort. Hardly what I would call remote.

I have been trying to think what difference being in a city would make if you went somewhere for a party, unless of course, you had no intentions of spending time at the party and intended looking for entertainment elsewhere. I simply cant think of any other reason unless you care to explain.

HL biggrin.png

Everybodys choice, and I respect yours, but as I recall it only took about twenty or thirty minutes to drive from Tescos in KK to the resort. Hardly what I would call remote.

I have been trying to think what difference being in a city would make if you went somewhere for a party, unless of course, you had no intentions of spending time at the party and intended looking for entertainment elsewhere. I simply cant think of any other reason unless you care to explain.

HL biggrin.png

Ok. One night at the resort would have been a possibility, but that was not originally presented as an option. And actually as I said on another thread, I previously made an attempt to book the weekend via the website email system and never received a reply. Now it has just plain "turned me off" to staying there. And yes, that's just me.biggrin.png

Ok Ken, thanks for that, no hard feelings I hope. lol

Actually if the turn out is a bit light then maybe a one night stay may be a possibility. I have to admit, as I will be going on my own (if I decide to) then one night may be a better option. Raro are you listening mate, I may be able to persuade my mate Ken to go as well as myself if the options for staying over are increased.

HL biggrin.png

From HappyLarry above: I have been trying to think what difference being in a city would make if you went somewhere for a party ...

As my personal transportation consists of a rather old 100cc Honda Wave having access to public transportation to/from Muang Khon Kaen and then within a reasonable citified zone to the specific location determines whether I can or cannot attend the Isaan Carlsberg bash.

Just received by mail from Howard at Castle Howchow:

members signing up for the Thai Visa Weekend at Castle Howchow on or before the 5th October, will be entered into a free draw for a complimentary weekend stay at Castle Howchow Beach Resort Hotel.

I like to add, only members who are members as of September 28 are entitled for the lucky draw.

From HappyLarry above: I have been trying to think what difference being in a city would make if you went somewhere for a party ...

As my personal transportation consists of a rather old 100cc Honda Wave having access to public transportation to/from Muang Khon Kaen and then within a reasonable citified zone to the specific location determines whether I can or cannot attend the Isaan Carlsberg bash.

Hi Mr Crab....well do I take it from your post that you would go, if you had transport?...because I am driving up from Korat on Saturday afternoon and returning on Sunday afternoon and am more than willing to pick you up from Tesco's in Khon Kaen and convey you to the resort.

HL biggrin.png

HL biggrin.png

Ok. One night at the resort would have been a possibility, but that was not originally presented as an option. And actually as I said on another thread, I previously made an attempt to book the weekend via the website email system and never received a reply. Now it has just plain "turned me off" to staying there. And yes, that's just me.biggrin.png

Ken you can book one night if you want, which is what I have done, just book it seperately from the package.

Also I spoke with Howard and told him about your failing to get a reply and he has checked all his mails and his spam folder and cannot find any emails at all that have not been dealt with !!!!

So, maybe see you there then?????

HL biggrin.png