Tesco And 7-11 Enslaving Thai's To Work 9 Hour Days For 220 Baht

omnilangur

i guess you can say: thais work to live, they don't live to work ...

watching the crops grow from their hammack except plating and harvesting time

superstore employees hanging around and no help when you ask them something (thai wife, not me), etc...

good thing is, they don't throw away money here, on unemployment... you either work and get "something" or do nothing and get what you deserve

less freeloaders than in your home country, and less taxes payed also

• Like 2

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the economy on the rise and recent promise of the government to lift the minimum wage to 300 baht per dar FOR ALL companies employing over 50 employees, It is a disgusting showing on incompetency and lack of regard for human rights which is being show by the Execs of Tesco and 7=11, I hope they all burn in a nuclear oven.....

I guess it all depends on where you live and what the labor market is. Someone posted that the farmers have organised small co-ops. That is the case in Loei province. My wife and five of her female friends help each other. If there are workers available, they absolutely demand 300 baht per day. Cutting sugar cane is HARD work but the pay depends on how much they actually cut. Some workers manage 500 baht per day.

I have no idea how much the supers stores pay their employees but they have no problem hiring workers. Maybe staying cool in the work place and not breaking their backs is enough to make them accept lower pay.

With the economy on the rise and recent promise of the government to lift the minimum wage to 300 baht per dar FOR ALL companies employing over 50 employees, It is a disgusting showing on incompetency and lack of regard for human rights which is being show by the Execs of Tesco and 7=11, I hope they all burn in a nuclear oven.....

Here you go again -you had the same topic under a different user name and became increasingly abusive until you were banned

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

A solar oven would be more enviro friendly.

• Like 1

This topic just shows that the differences culturally are wider than most farangs can accept. I dont see too many Thais objecting to the pay scales. Perhaps we should all just relax at every chance and enjoy life like most Thais do? After all if your rice bowl is full, why expend energy until it is time to eat? Tomorrow is full of unknowns and surprises Chok Dee

• Like 1

OP , your attitude is typical of a lefty loser .

why dont you go preach in a communist country ,

ever been to china ? , freedom of speech , in tianamen square .

what tank !

Christ..... your poor studentsw00t.gif

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Well all I have is a microwave on hand, when you have the money to buy me solar oven please let me know so I can bake the brainless meat out of some these narrow minded sap suckers on here.

By the way, in the last week Tesco has hire 5 new workers and 3 have already quit after a day of work.

They have tons of job openings because over 60 percent of there work force QUITS after the first 1-30 days of employment. 230 baht a day just isnt worth it for back breaking labour and little benefits. I know many of you greedy republicans only shop at 7 and tesco so u must protect your dirty little secret of funding the greed house. While Thailands GREEN house is pretty much non existant, we need more sustainable development and less consumption of energy that these mega stores devour daily like school children at an unnattended candy store.........

Interesting topic.

Around here, young Thai-Ladies very much like to work at a local Tesco. But sometimes the problem is: As those Tescos and 7/11 are run by almost "european-efficiency-standards", the turnover of employees is high. For a good number of those employees it's just "too fast paced".

= Most of my neighbors do nothing most of the time unless something has to be planted or harvested. They swing in their hammocks and watch TV, only interrupted by frequent meals and extensive chats. And they seem to be perfectly happy. And for this, I can only admire them.

Much to my regret, this livestyle has no future,not even in remote aereas of Thailand/Cambodia/Laos. TV Commercials convey to everyone, what one must own these days to render happyness:(Refrigerator, TV, Car, I-Phone, etc.)

So for the time remaining and as long as it lasts, I enjoy my neighbors swinging in their hammocks and for most of the time they "do nothing".

Cheers.

Planting rice from dawn to dusk: 200 Baht without any additional benefits (maybe there is a simple meal and water).

Being moved with 10 people on the back of a pickup truck.

Planting rice from dawn to dusk: 200 Baht without any additional benefits (maybe there is a simple meal and water).

Being moved with 10 people on the back of a pickup truck.

why dont they join the queue/add their names to the list of people who want to work for the multinational companies in thailand .. -

my gf was working 6 x twelve hour shifts alternating day and nights,in a chinese owned factory in thailand for 7000 bht a mounth .

then she met a white knight , on a internet dating sight , and they both lived happily ever after .

that sucks, do you miss her?

Very humorous!

• Like 1

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Well all I have is a microwave on hand, when you have the money to buy me solar oven please let me know so I can bake the brainless meat out of some these narrow minded sap suckers on here.

By the way, in the last week Tesco has hire 5 new workers and 3 have already quit after a day of work.

They have tons of job openings because over 60 percent of there work force QUITS after the first 1-30 days of employment. 230 baht a day just isnt worth it for back breaking labour and little benefits. I know many of you greedy republicans only shop at 7 and tesco so u must protect your dirty little secret of funding the greed house. While Thailands GREEN house is pretty much non existant, we need more sustainable development and less consumption of energy that these mega stores devour daily like school children at an unnattended candy store.........

Strange, in my 2 local tesco's i see the same staff now as i did 2 years ago.

• Like 2

Me thinks the OP should put less thought on the matter of his lady making an extra 100 baht a day and get his sorry - crybaby arse into a job that pays better if he doesn't like the wages Thailand has to offer.

i agree , a good farang, can take care of lady thai , she not need go job.

shame on the OP , people thai not want poor farang .

i should know.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Exactly. I've lived in Warin Chamrab for 4 years now, same faces in Big C, same faces in Ubon Tesco, all smiling and have a good work ethic. Maybe their basic salary is not right up there but the working conditions and terms are very agreeable, or so say the workers to whom I have spoken.

The OP should be pretty ashamed of himself that he, as a Farang, has to send his girlfriend to work at 7-11.

• Like 1

Exactly. I've lived in Warin Chamrab for 4 years now, same faces in Big C, same faces in Ubon Tesco, all smiling and have a good work ethic. Maybe their basic salary is not right up there but the working conditions and terms are very agreeable, or so say the workers to whom I have spoken.

The OP should be pretty ashamed of himself that he, as a Farang, has to send his girlfriend to work at 7-11.

I'll go along with these comments; always found the staff at Ubon's Big and Tesco pleasant and, despite the regular comments on TV, helpful too. Always nice to have a checkout girl return a smile and sometimes even remember me from previous shopping visits. Doesn't get me any discounts though, dammit!

If any Brit members read Private Eye, then they may recognise the OP as their regular Trotskyite "Dave Spart". Up the workers!

After all is said, I am for workers rights and good working conditions and we have lost many in the west. people should not be factory fodder. Here at least a person can make good on his or her own, not tied down by Government regulations. If the workers in low paid jobs want to, they can set up their own business and make them work on their own merits. Try setting up a small business in the west.

Have people out here in the end of nowhere who by their own endeavor buy tools, fix pumps, sand floors or repair tractors and motorbikes. They seem to make a good living as they have nice new cars. A thing in my working life I could never afford. Jim

• Like 1

All your replies have one thing in common! ASSUMPTIONS!

You all see the same happy people for years at the same local Lotus because those are the ones who made it through boot camp. The first two weeks are hell and you don't recognize a face that leaves after the first day or even see it in the first place! Believe me I know people working at these stores and if you can imagine working for 30 baht an hour back in the UK at MCdonalds, how would it feel? Atleast western countries have minimum wages and governments that support unions and unemployed people! You look down on me because I don't make much money as a teacher and my girlfriend must work to survive? Obviously she is with me because she loves me and the one who is with you is after your pocket money and she's not working because she leaches off of you. Try telling any on your bar flies to go work at Lotus and I guarantee they will leave your <deleted> in a heart beat.......I'm happy mine had the dignity to never sell her heart for an easy ride......

• Like 1

You all see the same happy people for years at the same local Lotus because those are the ones who made it through boot camp. The first two weeks are hell and you don't recognize a face that leaves after the first day or even see it in the first place! Believe me I know people working at these stores and if you can imagine working for 30 baht an hour back in the UK at MCdonalds, how would it feel? Atleast western countries have minimum wages and governments that support unions and unemployed people! You look down on me because I don't make much money as a teacher and my girlfriend must work to survive? Obviously she is with me because she loves me and the one who is with you is after your pocket money and she's not working because she leaches off of you. Try telling any on your bar flies to go work at Lotus and I guarantee they will leave your <deleted> in a heart beat.......I'm happy mine had the dignity to never sell her heart for an easy ride......

Thank god for Love then tongue.png

• Like 2

You are seriously sounding alot like a crybaby - I don't believe anyone looks down on you for the money you're making, but rather for being a whiner. Another - the whole world owes me and mine a living.

• Like 1

Once in Australia I had a job planting trees, it was in Albury. They had closed the local abattoir down, main employer

and a few other places that went because of the lose of income from the employees. People had mortgages to pay and took up any job they could get. Planting trees was one of the few jobs about. Guys with soft hands had blood running down the mattocks as they dug holes. If you could not keep up, leading hands would tap you on the shoulder and say, go collect your pay. It was hot and hand work and if you had kids and a house to pay, you had no choice. Think if there is a high turn over of staff in these stores, they have a choice. Jim

Now who is ASSUMING?

• Like 1

Just as a reminder their is a minimum wage in Thailand, set by the Thai government. Recently it was increased to 300 baht a day in seven provinces - so your concerns should be taken up with the Thai authorities, not the employer

No. We look down on you because your a whinging tosser. If you dont earn enough do more work. If your Gf doesn't like working there find another job. Simple

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• Like 2

Hey OP,

Not much I can offer to help you and your lady out of your financial rut. But I will lend you a shovel if you want to dig yourself in deeper.

Life is a do-it-to-yourself commodity and we are who and where we are out of choice. If you don't like it, change it! Sorry but apart the few sympathic comments you have received, there is bugger all that any other members can do for you.cheesy.gif

So where will the money come from to pay your girlfriend a higher wage? Put prices up? The new minimum wage is already putting people out of work. Farmers are not employing workers but banding together and harvesting themselves. This system of a minimum wage will make people poorer. Basically yes some of the lowrest paid will be better off but the ones already on say 300 baht office workers and the like will not get a payrise as businesses will not be able to afford to say doulble their wages. So becsuse of higher prices people will be worse off with less jobs available..

You Smurf, Take the fecken money from the Company profits and leave the prices alone.