Tesco And 7-11 Enslaving Thai's To Work 9 Hour Days For 220 Baht

omnilangur

Hey OP,

Not much I can offer to help you and your lady out of your financial rut. But I will lend you a shovel if you want to dig yourself in deeper.

Life is a do-it-to-yourself commodity and we are who and where we are out of choice. If you don't like it, change it! Sorry but apart the few sympathic comments you have received, there is bugger all that any other members can do for you.cheesy.gif

Yeh big choice. One is born in poor rural Thailand and the other in rich Australia.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey OP,

Not much I can offer to help you and your lady out of your financial rut. But I will lend you a shovel if you want to dig yourself in deeper.

Life is a do-it-to-yourself commodity and we are who and where we are out of choice. If you don't like it, change it! Sorry but apart the few sympathic comments you have received, there is bugger all that any other members can do for you.cheesy.gif

Yeh big choice. One is born in poor rural Thailand and the other in rich Australia.

My wife was born in poor rural Thailand, and I was born in Australia.

She didn't like her situation, so she changed it through hard work and determination. Not complaining about it.

She is probably earning more than the OP + GF working 5 half days a week.

Me, well i am just hanging in there with a piss poor Australian pensionwink.png

Edited by Thai Chi

Hey OP,

Exactly the point! We are all capable of making choices. I chose to stay here and invest in our farming venture as did others replying to the topic. Dont fall into the assumptions trap though, I would consider myself lucky if the wife and I made the same money regularly as the OP and his lady.

Edited by IsaanAussie

My wife and I live on under 15,000 baht a month. I get more than that each month so my wife does not have to work---but she does-- makes less than 100 baht an hr doing piece work. She does not complain, she likes having something to do and this is what she did before I met her. Up the road is a small factory that makes coconut treats, 15 women work there making 200 baht a day. They are happy to have steady employment, In the US, where I am from they have minimum wage. I I see many doing 2 of these jobs a day because they don't make enough money to even pay the rent with just one job--- Who do you think is better off.

I work offshore 5 weeks, back home 6 weeks rotation. In addition to my income my wife has a mini-mart which makes decent enough money for the family and an independence. Now, nobody gave her this shop, she created it herself without whinging and whining about how bad the world treats her and her family.

OP; take heed from the likes of Marlon Brando who took it upon himself to champion the causes and rights of Black people during the sixties. The movement basically chuckled, and advised him to back off and mind his own business; it wasn't his struggle.

Anyhow, if you want to persist in ceremoniously donning your armour each day, turning on your computer and waving your banner of self-righteousness please don't let me stop you .. it makes superb and hysterical reading!!!!

• Like 2

All your replies have one thing in common! ASSUMPTIONS!

You all see the same happy people for years at the same local Lotus because those are the ones who made it through boot camp. The first two weeks are hell and you don't recognize a face that leaves after the first day or even see it in the first place! Believe me I know people working at these stores and if you can imagine working for 30 baht an hour back in the UK at MCdonalds, how would it feel? Atleast western countries have minimum wages and governments that support unions and unemployed people! You look down on me because I don't make much money as a teacher and my girlfriend must work to survive? Obviously she is with me because she loves me and the one who is with you is after your pocket money and she's not working because she leaches off of you. Try telling any on your bar flies to go work at Lotus and I guarantee they will leave your <deleted> in a heart beat.......I'm happy mine had the dignity to never sell her heart for an easy ride......

so when do you plan to take her to the UK ,

and free load of the benefits handouts .

what a man , all mouth and noo money .

coffee1.gif

Tesco and 7-11 are no different from any Thai company and they might even be better than some.

Isn't Tesco a British company & isn't 7-11 an American company ?

The company operating Tesco stores in Thailand is actually Ekachai Distribution.

In addition, the workers in the store are employed indirectly and do not enjoy some of the rights that permanent employees have. They are effectively employed as temporary workers who, under Thai law, have fewer rights and less protection than permanent employees.

Anecdotally, I have noticed the staff turnover in Tesco Lotus stores is far higher than 7-11 stores. Also Tesco 'operatives' appear to receive no training and learn on the job.

Tesco and 7-11 are no different from any Thai company and they might even be better than some.

The company operating Tesco stores in Thailand is actually Ekachai Distribution.

In addition, the workers in the store are employed indirectly and do not enjoy some of the rights that permanent employees have. They are effectively employed as temporary workers who, under Thai law, have fewer rights and less protection than permanent employees.

Anecdotally, I have noticed the staff turnover in Tesco Lotus stores is far higher than 7-11 stores. Also Tesco 'operatives' appear to receive no training and learn on the job.

The same practice of hiring Temp workers to avoid paying benefits and higher wages is the norm in the states - No different than Thailand. Not saying its right -

The same practice of hiring Temp workers to avoid paying benefits and higher wages is the norm in the states - No different than Thailand. Not saying its right -

And UK of late .. it's nothing new and a sensible policy.

@dreamrider: Sensible policy for whom? it's also prevalent in Australia - my Thai wife worked as a full time employee (on minimum hourly rate). I had a good income. She had a number of acquaintances who were temporary staff who were exploited e.g. having to come to work for a 3 hour day to keep their job, when the commute cost absorbed nearly half the 3 hour income. The company deliberately worked them less than 20 hours a week to avoid paying benefits. In parallel they slowly forced out full time employees for the same reason. So who had to pick up the income gap? Obviously the tax payer to fund social security payments. Many people are on the breadline due to very low rates of pay (compared to cost of living) and manipulation of temporary staff labour laws.

Me thinks the OP should put less thought on the matter of his lady making an extra 100 baht a day and get his sorry - crybaby arse into a job that pays better if he doesn't like the wages Thailand has to offer.

i agree , a good farang, can take care of lady thai , she not need go job.

shame on the OP , people thai not want poor farang .

i should know.

coffee1.gif

Crybaby?, I wasnt asking anyone to feel sorry for ME, I was standing up for the little guy. The Hard workers at Tesco who have NO RIGHTS and get hired on like TEMPS in Australia, etc as someone else mentioned. Assumptions, 1 more on here said my GF was from poor rural Isaan and I was from RICH Australia! Both Wrong! I am from Bulgaria and my girlfriend is from Sisaket. I forgot to mention she is also 23 and smoking hot. After a long day at work she still has enough love in her heart to give me a nice body massage.

She is young and some of you have wives with years of experience and only married you because she was over 30 and to dark and old for the Thai men. I smile at the end of the day atleast knowing I don't have a leach on the bed laying next to me living off your pension...

Quote from OP ......"Assumptions, 1 more on here said my GF was from poor rural Isaan and I was from RICH Australia! Both Wrong! I am from Bulgaria and my girlfriend is from Sisaket."

I must have missed that one .......I was probably getting all the fact and fiction mixed up.

Gotta admit, pretty confusing and amusing threadwink.png

Quote from OP ......"Assumptions, 1 more on here said my GF was from poor rural Isaan and I was from RICH Australia! Both Wrong! I am from Bulgaria and my girlfriend is from Sisaket."

I must have missed that one .......I was probably getting all the fact and fiction mixed up.

Gotta admit, pretty confusing and amusing threadwink.png

So he's from RICH Bulgaria and SHE is from Issan :D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• Like 1

I can see a Bulgarian joining the pattaya flying squad one day .

Lets be clear if she was that special at 23 a local high so thai would have married her before now my friend.

What your left with is used goods that works in Tesco.

Sorry to give you a reality check.

• Like 2

I've had virgins before in the east and just because she has had 1 boyfriend before me does not make her 'used goods at tesco'. I cant count the number of times I've seen god ugly women over 30 with rich business owners in thailand and sometimes women working the night are married to these rich idiots who stay in thailand, women who've been with over 1000 men before they gave up the WOP and got married to you!

Bulgaria is a very poor country and isaan is also poor so we can empathize and I'm happy to be with a beautiful hearted woman.

I've had virgins before in the east and just because she has had 1 boyfriend before me does not make her 'used goods at tesco'. I cant count the number of times I've seen god ugly women over 30 with rich business owners in thailand and sometimes women working the night are married to these rich idiots who stay in thailand, women who've been with over 1000 men before they gave up the WOP and got married to you!

Bulgaria is a very poor country and isaan is also poor so we can empathize and I'm happy to be with a beautiful hearted woman.

Think you need help, Try alcohol if that doesn't work, try and get a life. Jim

quite right, my thai gf , has had only 1 boyfriend before me ,

his name is patty.

ps , what is a virgin ?, the thai understanding is somewhat different from ours,

i no have sex ,

for a week , giggle.gif vergin sure.

Edited by elliss

Planting rice from dawn to dusk: 200 Baht without any additional benefits (maybe there is a simple meal and water).

Being moved with 10 people on the back of a pickup truck.

Planting rice from dawn to dusk: 200 Baht without any additional benefits (maybe there is a simple meal and water).

Being moved with 10 people on the back of a pickup truck.

why dont they join the queue/add their names to the list of people who want to work for the multinational companies in thailand .. -

my gf was working 6 x twelve hour shifts alternating day and nights,in a chinese owned factory in thailand for 7000 bht a mounth .

then she met a white knight , on a internet dating sight , and they both lived happily ever after .

Should read . then she met an " old fool " on an internet dating site. They both lived happy until his money ran out.

• Like 1

No the government does not need a work permit or visa for me if they have me working a 4 month probation contract. I'm doing them a big favor teaching 20 hours a week for only 20k, poor kids need to learn english also you know!

Both interesting and confusing !!!

I have heard of the 10000 Bht a month teaching positions, but not the 20000 Bht ones.

But is it 20000 bht a month you are getting?

20 hours a week X 4 weeks X 200 Bht / hour = 16000 Bht / Monthsad.png

Thank Buddha you aren't teaching maths.

• Like 1

No the government does not need a work permit or visa for me if they have me working a 4 month probation contract. I'm doing them a big favor teaching 20 hours a week for only 20k, poor kids need to learn english also you know!

F#@K me - Now I'll for sure have to be doing more overtime so my kid won't run into teachers like this. Imagine having your kid speaking english with a Bulgarian accent - Yaah suure

• Like 1