BANGKOK 23 May 2019 05:43
Sign in to follow this  
omnilangur

Tesco And 7-11 Enslaving Thai's To Work 9 Hour Days For 220 Baht

Much factual truth here Swissie; "they seem to be perfectly happy" brought me up a bit though. It could be argued that they are comotose because they have no prospects. Would we all have been better off staying in the cave and not trying to better our outlook?

• Like 1

OP not returned , not surprising.

yes, not surprising , a farang only on 200 bht an hour , the shame of teaching in los.

even tuk tuk driers can earn more , depends on how far they want to go .

coffee1.gif

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2

Much factual truth here Swissie; "they seem to be perfectly happy" brought me up a bit though. It could be argued that they are comotose because they have no prospects. Would we all have been better off staying in the cave and not trying to better our outlook?

It could also be argued that, as they're farmers, they work to the timetable of the seasons rather than that of supermarket opening hours.

OP not returned , not surprising.

yes, not surprising , a farang only on 200 bht an hour , the shame of teaching in los.

even tuk tuk driers can earn more , depends on how far they want to go .

coffee1.gif

Why do the driers get paid more than the washers or drivers ?

Do you mean how far up the corporate tuk tuk ladder or how far as in kilometres ?

In real terms it was not that long age Europe was an agricultural culture, farmers worked the seasons, stone masons, thatchers and most outside workers only worked in the good weather.

Remember in Edinburgh, royal mile, there is an info board in one of the pubs. States that in the olden days the poor would sit in the pubs through the winter, to keep warn, drinking, French claret and eating oysters, as that was all the could afford. Jim

Planting rice from dawn to dusk: 200 Baht without any additional benefits (maybe there is a simple meal and water).

Being moved with 10 people on the back of a pickup truck.

Planting rice from dawn to dusk: 200 Baht without any additional benefits (maybe there is a simple meal and water).

Being moved with 10 people on the back of a pickup truck.

why dont they join the queue/add their names to the list of people who want to work for the multinational companies in thailand .. -

my gf was working 6 x twelve hour shifts alternating day and nights,in a chinese owned factory in thailand for 7000 bht a mounth .

then she met a white knight , on a internet dating sight , and they both lived happily ever after .

that sucks, do you miss her?

sure . i miss her to bits , never mhi, all is fair in love and war .

may the bast ATM win.

remember , your only as good as your last withdrawal .

now i look for darling other on internet .

i would appreciate your help in writing up a profile that is sure to attract a sincere, honest and , etc etc .

cheesy.gif

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2

Poor Thai people working in 7/11 or Tesco's etc, have to go to work on motorbike. Unlike in the west where they arrive in their brand new BMWs.

What's the minimum wage in your home countries, then add to that the cost of living.

At least here there are jobs, last time I was back in OZ, A supermarket chain advertised for some shelf stacker's. 2000 applicants for 10 jobs.

The money may seem small, but they can live. Jim

Which tesco's in the west do you shop at ??

I have never seen anyone who stocks shelves turning up to work in brand new BMWs

Tesco and 7-11 are no different from any Thai company and they might even be better than some.

Isn't Tesco a British company & isn't 7-11 an American company ?

a farang only on 200 bht an hour , the shame of teaching in los.

even tuk tuk driers can earn more

So they have separate washer and drier personnel at the local tuk-tuk washing stations ?

Talk about creating jobs, that's pretty clever.

Pay workers more, then pay more for goods and services. Thai stores, especially the big ones tend to have lots and lots of workers, but I don't know if they actually work. Walk through Big C and dozens of "workers" in the appliance department. Maybe they are just on commission? And of course you know if a foreign restaurant owner how many Thais you are supposed to hire. No easy solutions

Topics like this make me smile. I used to hold this sort of uninformed views. Get out and about and learn what grass roots Thai life is all about. Where I live 220 baht a day is a great wage and when 300 baht becomes the minimum wage, many businesses will have serious cost problems.

I buy animal feed each week in the local town. The store that sells it employs a team of guys to load the customers orders. These guys carry 50kg sacks of fertiliser on their heads and maneouvre two wheel handcarts with over 500 kgs all day every day for well under 200 baht. No shortage of takers for a vacancy there.

Enslaving indeed...

• Like 1