Tesco And 7-11 Enslaving Thai's To Work 9 Hour Days For 220 Baht

omnilangur

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All your replies have one thing in common! ASSUMPTIONS!

You all see the same happy people for years at the same local Lotus because those are the ones who made it through boot camp. The first two weeks are hell and you don't recognize a face that leaves after the first day or even see it in the first place! Believe me I know people working at these stores and if you can imagine working for 30 baht an hour back in the UK at MCdonalds, how would it feel? Atleast western countries have minimum wages and governments that support unions and unemployed people! You look down on me because I don't make much money as a teacher and my girlfriend must work to survive? Obviously she is with me because she loves me and the one who is with you is after your pocket money and she's not working because she leaches off of you. Try telling any on your bar flies to go work at Lotus and I guarantee they will leave your <deleted> in a heart beat.......I'm happy mine had the dignity to never sell her heart for an easy ride......

you are making ASSUMPTIONS too, "with you is after your pocket money | Try telling any on your bar flies to go work at...."

I am a similar situation than you, I am very happy with my thai gf and we work together like an average young couple in the world, and I saw the same problems about the salary, in some of the cheap hostels that I stayed some girls get only 4500 bath per month for 11 or 12 hours of work, in some markets in small towns the girls working there for 100 - 150 per day 9 10 hours, and we have a land with my gf and we pay 180 bath per day for 9 hours including a lot of cold water, and one meal.

Still on some areas the harvesting or the constructions are comunity things not payed at all but when someone need it all the community go and work in the lands.

I come from latinoamerica the wages are similar than in Thailand but the people live quite better here, the rents are very cheap here a home with 2 rooms thai toilet no furniture at all, livingroom, a kitchen room for 2000 to 3500 bath, people usually work all day so they go only for sleep, I saw families of 6 people living in these homes, if you have land around you can eat almost the 50% of all the green around, full of fruit tree or vegetables that can eat, the food is pretty good and cheap, markets are very cheap 0 possibilities that some one die for starving.

the work in thailand is quite lazy as someone point about chating in the Tesco, sleep, go to market or wherever in working hours are not exception in different kind of works.

Security is a quite bad but no so bad, only if you go alone in some place without people will be dangerous.

My point is that quality of life is pretty good for "poor people" in Thailand, healthy and education are good, universities are accesible to every thai now and the King and his servants are pretty helpul for the communities, giving the basics.

Of course thing could be better.

Doesn't surprise me. There is a clear gulf in terms of better training, job competence and time in the job when comparing 7-11 staff to Tesco Lotus staff. It matches the selling philosophy; Tesco Lotus selling on price, 7-11 selling on convenience.

Should read . then she met an " old fool " on an internet dating site. They both lived happy until his money ran out.

Why do you advance cliches like that? Everyone who met his wife on the internet is an "old fool"? Maybe better an "old fool" than a "old/young tool" with 10 posts.

PS: If we can't stop the plundering of this planet and it's resources, future genereations will probably live in caves again and the question will arise: Why did we leave the caves in the first place. cheesy.gif

Well, at least when that time comes -I have MY hamock smile.png

Should read . then she met an " old fool " on an internet dating site. They both lived happy until his money ran out.

Why do you advance cliches like that? Everyone who met his wife on the internet is an "old fool"? Maybe better an "old fool" than a "old/young tool" with 10 posts.

probably your average thai lady would prefer a old fool , with regular income saving and pensions

rather than a young tool , with high power , and money nit noi .

good nigh from both of us.

coffee1.gif

Edited by elliss

Well now, could it be that:

....... I thought my income of 200 baht per hour teaching English was bad!

is because

{From and other thread}

I have a double entry tourist visa and ...."bla, bla, bla"....... come from Bulgaria and my english not perfect

(definately not surprised anymore at our kids "high" language skills)

As for:

My girlfirend got a new job at Tesco .. "bla, bla, bla" ..... for only 30 baht per hour

Maybe if farang working in Thailand would do their duty. Beeing legal and pay taxes, Thais would get a bit more?

And finally:

..... work non stop lifting objects all day .......

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Send her to me, I'll pay her 33 baht an hour, including food, accommodation and free english lessons

Well, I do hope you're having good friends at immigration and finance ministerium but on your 200 THB a day

and your GF 30 THB an hour, I recon that will not even be enough to boil water for hot tea.

Now sorry,wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif Have I been slightly off topic? mfr_closed1.gif

Edited by JoeLing

Atleast I can spell 'Being' correctly and I'm not a native speaker. Thailand has a very poor level of english as the ASEAN Union approaches in the next couple of years and they need all the help they can get. My GF does not want some ugly old bag or garbage that smells like a retirement home, obviously they only love your money. Knowing I stay in a 1,300 baht apartment and my GF still does the Laundry and cooks me dinner, I can't really complain. Idiots like you wasting your time taking pieces out of context from every post I've made are who really make me laugh, what losers with too much time on their hands reading MY TOPIC.....

Atleast I can spell 'Being' correctly and I'm not a native speaker. Thailand has a very poor level of english as the ASEAN Union approaches in the next couple of years and they need all the help they can get. My GF does not want some ugly old bag or garbage that smells like a retirement home, obviously they only love your money. Knowing I stay in a 1,300 baht apartment and my GF still does the Laundry and cooks me dinner, I can't really complain. Idiots like you wasting your time taking pieces out of context from every post I've made are who really make me laugh, what losers with too much time on their hands reading MY TOPIC.....

Is this 1,300 baht (apartment) per day, per week or per month?

You work less hours than your GF and she does the laundry instead of you? Lucky sod........

You work less hours than your GF and she does the laundry instead of you? Lucky sod........

I love a woman who washes my clothes with her bare hands and than gives me a nice body massage and my 1300 studio apartment is per month and NO deposit or contract. I dont over use energy like most of you, I USE a fan and a COLD shower and save on power usage saving money and also helping the atmosphere!

Another 2 people quit after the first week today at Lotus...

I love a woman who washes my clothes with her bare hands and than gives me a nice body massage and my 1300 studio apartment is per month and NO deposit or contract. I dont over use energy like most of you, I USE a fan and a COLD shower and save on power usage saving money and also helping the atmosphere!

Assuming again?

And many others stayed. The "2" are the weak, feeble, lazy mob found in all societies.

I think you've been watching to many "The Good Life" reruns on BBC Entertainment ...... oh; excuse me, no television, bad for the environment

And many others stayed. The "2" are the weak, feeble, lazy mob found in all societies.

I think you've been watching to many "The Good Life" reruns on BBC Entertainment ...... oh; excuse me, no television, bad for the environment

That's, why his girlfriend has time to wash and massage, after a 12h shift!

Clever move. cheesy.gif

"Idiots like you wasting your time taking pieces out of context from every post I've made are who really make me laugh, what losers with too much time on their hands reading MY TOPIC....."

The OP on this thread just keeps pulling the trigger. This is getting a bit like Russian Roullette.

OP, I am glad you find the collective voice of most posters to this topic amusing. I read your statement and ask "OK if we are all wasting our time reading YOUR topic, why did you start it?"

Bulgaria - a bastion of Human Rights and dignity.

Hhmm; 1984 saw the forced repatriation of some 250,000 ethnic Turk during the assimilation (cleansing) campaign.

Ignominious

And as I've asked before what is the pay for a similar job in Bulgaria?

Bulgaria - a bastion of Human Rights and dignity.

Hhmm; 1984 saw the forced repatriation of some 250,000 ethnic Turk during the assimilation (cleansing) campaign.

Ignominious

And as I've asked before what is the pay for a similar job in Bulgaria?

Average monthly pay in Bulgaria was in 09 about 350 euros/ month, with almost 400 euros in Sofia!. I do not think, that equivalent to 7/11 jobs are in the high ranking area of this average! In Hotels and Guesthouses, it was around 220 €/month, so....!

And teaching people with no real background, to do so, is probably on voluntary basis, kind of.

So almost like here, if you do not make it to a legal teaching status!