Tesco And 7-11 Enslaving Thai's To Work 9 Hour Days For 220 Baht

omnilangur

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel like I'm a unicorn surrounded by dumbfounded donkeys at the feeding plough. YES the food is gone because I was smart enough to eat it all whie the rest of you were being gangbanged by the higher foodchain of stallions.....

So it seems we had a lot more fun than you then... Does Bulgaria have lot's of bridges?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

I feel like I'm a unicorn surrounded by dumbfounded donkeys at the feeding plough. YES the food is gone because I was smart enough to eat it all whie the rest of you were being gangbanged by the higher foodchain of stallions.....

One can only assume that as a Unicorn your horn is the shape of a phallus

• Like 2

It was to test YOUR ignorance. Also I was blowing off some steam about a greedy corporation worth billions enslaving Thai's for pennies..

They are not slaves, as you say some are walking away from their jobs. As said before if you have issues with the minimum wage take it up with the Thai government.

It was to test YOUR ignorance. Also I was blowing off some steam about a greedy corporation worth billions enslaving Thai's for pennies..

They are not slaves, as you say some are walking away from their jobs. As said before if you have issues with the minimum wage take it up with the Thai government.

You should mention to him, with a rise of the minimum wage, he will even have more problems, to live from the 'salary' that his illegal job, with a tourist visa and no wp, will generate.

But he may assume, they will pay him more, too. But how daft is that?

Edited by noob7

Time to knock this one on the head. mfr_closed1.gif

Just don't open the thread Briggsy!!

Briggsy is right it is time that busy people should be bored with this mindless drivel. But this is Thailand and it does something to your mind after years in the bush. Constantly getting bad marks in the University of Hard Knocks tends to make me enjoy having a shot back. Cheap thrill for sure but ..... Spin the chambers once more OP, lets see if a bullet emerges this time whistling.gif

Briggsy is right it is time that busy people should be bored with this mindless drivel. But this is Thailand and it does something to your mind after years in the bush. Constantly getting bad marks in the University of Hard Knocks tends to make me enjoy having a shot back. Cheap thrill for sure but ..... Spin the chambers once more OP, lets see if a bullet emerges this time whistling.gif

A cheap thrill for a donkey would be mistaking my unicorn horn as a phallus and attempting to rape yourself. CONGRATULATIONS for having a SHOT back...........and forth! lol

I gather mathematics is not your stroge point.

1. omnilangur user-offline.png New Member Array Join Date Sep 2012 Posts 5 vCash 500
    Rep Power 0
    gross.jpg 10 K a month working 20 hours a week aint bad!

Working 5 hours a day Monday til Thursday from 9 am to 3 PM non-stop teaching even while eating at lunch with other teachers and I'm surviving. Is anyone else out there surviving in these poor chalkboard broken fan schools out in the rice fields of Isaan? It is pretty easy though and I can make my own lesson plans but it is quite tiring. Does anyone know if this is a country wide government project of only paying westerners 200 baht an hour for 4 month contracts? Seems like I'm getting shafted by ying rak or maybe thats her nam rak?

• Like 2

@omnilangar: "The problem is that THAI people are unaware of the power of UNIONS. It is a known fact in Thailand that activists taking on the power structure in Thailand are disappeared/killed. Just how long do you think union representatives would retain their "freedom of speech"

My friends have dissapeared for being animal rights activists. Heroes have short lives in Thailand.

Now to the point I made about people quitting on a regular basis, IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY and these are not the company reps standing around selling appliances in Lotus, these are the hard working clerks and shelf stockers who ARE employed by Lotus.......

Nobody here cares about workers rights? CEO's of 7-11 and Tesco make a 3 million baht per HOUR!

Sure,rolleyes.gif lets say only 200 working days a year and 8 hours a day is 1.600 hours a 3 Mill. B.= 4.800.000.000.- Baht :40 = 120.000.000.- Euro a year, blink.png

you have a LINK whistling.gif

Tesco and all of its susidiary companies world wide generate 3 million baht per hour and pay there workers here in thailand 30 baht an hour? one fraction of 1 percent for 1 worker to break there backs stacking shelves all day. Now I know why they are always looking frustrated and miserable at the check out line, its not a store wide disater, its a world wide enslavement of sweatshop workers in 3rd world countries working for mutinational corporate mafia monopolies!

Nobody here cares about workers rights? CEO's of 7-11 and Tesco make a 3 million baht per HOUR!

-omnilangur-

When you write, "CEO's make a 3 Million Baht per hour" I understand they earn that money, that, are their wages, their reward.

When you write, The TESCO Company-Group ect. have 3 Mill. Baht per hour turnover, than I understand what you meant.

By the way, Turnover is not the same, than "profit and income".

Big Turnover, must not result in a Great Profit. So,better to show the yearly Profit numbers and not the sales figures per hour.

PS: I can understand your point, regarding this thread, but until now, nobody could heal the world and the omnipresent injustice.

Not even all the Religions and their Gods.

You think, you can?rolleyes.gif

Unfortunately the large companies do actually force people out of their old lifestyle and leave them little or no option but to work for them.

For example - when the large stores open up they put all the small local "Mother/Father stores out of business. They can for instance sell items at a lower price or even as "loss leaders" just to get people into the store.

In the face of this all smaller competitors have eventually to fold. This means the failure of a lot of small businesses and those employed in them have to seek work elsewhere - of course this inevitably ends up as the new "mega" store......who knowing they are the only employer , can offer minimum wages (160 baht to 220 per day in most areas - 300 in January - maybe) and maximum hours. So those who once had the dignity of running their own small business end up as the minions of some mega-corps.

Furthermore the stores use up a lot of land and this results in an increase in land values agin to the detriment of local inhabitants and their other businesses. THese large stores do of course attract other businesses, but if you look around at who they are, they are in fact national and international companies or franchises, able to afford the higher property values and rents.

the end result is that an entire local community can be destroyed by these large stores and reduced to working long hours at mindless repetitive tasks - the result of job-skill reduction techniques used to make use of as cheap labor as possible.

Cowslip,

Whilst I don't agree with your conclusions being general rules, the fact is that large corporates are replacing family businesses as they are with farming and most industries in most countries. The way of the world I'm afraid. More informed consumers depending a wider range of goods.

We have a Thai "supermarket" that deals in retail and wholesale areas to the public and small shop owners. It predates Tescos by years, at least ten that I know of. I have been watching that store expecting to see it diminish for a few years but it fact they are expanding and building a large modern supermarket car park and all on the other side of town to Tesco. I haven't noticed any significant number of the smaller stores going under either. Business levels appear pretty normal in town.

Noob7,

It appears that you and I have both enjoy "picking the scabs off" occasionally and why not? Its raining and I'm bored. Thanks for the link to the south, I needed a good laugh.

IsaanAussie

Cowslip,

Whilst I don't agree with your conclusions being general rules, the fact is that large corporates are replacing family businesses as they are with farming and most industries in most countries. The way of the world I'm afraid. More informed consumers depending a wider range of goods.

We have a Thai "supermarket" that deals in retail and wholesale areas to the public and small shop owners. It predates Tescos by years, at least ten that I know of. I have been watching that store expecting to see it diminish for a few years but it fact they are expanding and building a large modern supermarket car park and all on the other side of town to Tesco. I haven't noticed any significant number of the smaller stores going under either. Business levels appear pretty normal in town.

Noob7,

It appears that you and I have both enjoy "picking the scabs off" occasionally and why not? Its raining and I'm bored. Thanks for the link to the south, I needed a good laugh.

IsaanAussie

I don't think perwsonal observations or an individual case qualifies as a blanket counter to the argument.

each situation will of course have it's own circumstances and quirks.

You might want to examine who actually owns or rather finances the "other" store and what influence they have over such things planning regulations in that town, and who the owners and financiers are.

• 2 weeks later...

We live in the boonies of Loei province. Employers here pay whatever it takes to get decent help. My wife struggles to find workers for the farm and if she does find any willing to work, they won't work for less than 300 baht per day.

Working/loafing for much less in an air conditioned environment has more appeal than sweating in the fields.

• Like 1

We live in the boonies of Loei province. Employers here pay whatever it takes to get decent help. My wife struggles to find workers for the farm and if she does find any willing to work, they won't work for less than 300 baht per day.

Working/loafing for much less in an air conditioned environment has more appeal than sweating in the fields.

Conclusion - most people would do anything rather than work for you?

• Like 1

300 b

Exactly, I dont think they make 300 baht a day in Tesco in Loei and also they lose the 30 baht Free Medical care once they start working for a corporation like tesco or 7-11, even after my GF quit after working only 3 weeks there she is not able to get the government care at the hospital. We should make a BOYCOTT for Tesco, another stupid Brittish corporation spilling crap all over the world like BP..

300 b

Exactly, I dont think they make 300 baht a day in Tesco in Loei and also they lose the 30 baht Free Medical care once they start working for a corporation like tesco or 7-11, even after my GF quit after working only 3 weeks there she is not able to get the government care at the hospital. We should make a BOYCOTT for Tesco, another stupid Brittish corporation spilling crap all over the world like BP..

I think you have lost all your credibility by now mate. However, do keep posting - it's a good laugh.

300 b

I think you have lost all your credibility by now mate. However, do keep posting - it's a good laugh.

Would that be a Geoffry Boycott? Sorry, I'm getting confused with the OP's persistent justification for his GF's laziness, lack of tenacity and appalling work ethic.