greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ That doesn't mean 55 Bhp, it means 55 "man - yen", or 550,000 Japanese Yen

And I think it says "The engine is a 400cc two-cylinder" down the bottom??

And if the bike is built in Thailand, using the current ratio (115K Thai / 190K Japan) for the CBR 250, could we hope for a price of 132K?

That would be sweet but judging from the buzz it's generating on local rider's forums like this one, and what has happened with the previous models released, I expect heavy price gouging again.

And if the bike is built in Thailand, using the current ratio (115K Thai / 190K Japan) for the CBR 250, could we hope for a price of 132K?

That would be sweet but judging from the buzz it's generating on local rider's forums like this one, and what has happened with the previous models released, I expect heavy price gouging again.

But THAT will not happen from our resident Honda sponsor though so we will be ok. biggrin.pngtongue.png

• Like 1

There will be price gouging for sure; but considering the sneak peek here (which funnily enough looks to me like a CBR 150) quoted the price of 490,000 JPY (195K THB) which is 2% off the current Japanese pricing...let's assume a +30% dealer hike; that puts a guessed price of 171K THB. Still quite reasonable and much less than most of us have been thinking.

post-27441-0-67959800-1347441626_thumb.j

Edited by dave_boo

But THAT will not happen from our resident Honda sponsor though so we will be ok. biggrin.pngtongue.png

Actually Sumet Cycles will follow market trends. If they remain well below though, I propose all of us who are keenly interested in purchasing this bike make the pilgrimage there to reinforce the behaviour.

Do Sumet take orders on rumoured bikes? smile.png

I really wish I could, as I suspect this bike is going to sell quite well. As far as I know, they will only be sold out of Honda Big Wing Centers. Perhaps if they sell well enough of them, regular dealers will be allowed to sell them as well.

They are going to be sold out the Big Wing Centers at a set price. Even if the existing dealer network end up selling them, expect a set price.

So you do know more!

Ply us with as much information as you are allowed.

Actual displacement.

Cost.

Place of manufacture.

ABS/non-ABS options?

Performance.

ETC.

I still do not beleive this will happen. Hope i will be wrong i hope man,

And why 500cc? Why not a 400 which is an old segment everybody knows so easy to market and place the bike there.

Besides, if they make 400 they can also sell it in japan canada and hp restricted europe.

500 does not make any sense to me. - make sense only cc fixed thai market but it is hard to create a 500 cc bike only for thai market. They cannot make profit for sure.

Moreover, i m looking into photos again and again and the bikes look like really a cbr 150. That thin tyres, flimsy plastics and simple shocks. It does not look like a 500 no way.

Maybe honda is desiging another 250 bike.

If they release it sure it will be around 200.000 thb.

I wanna be wrong guys really want to ride it man.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

They are going to be sold out the Big Wing Centers at a set price. Even if the existing dealer network end up selling them, expect a set price.

I thought Brian knew nothing?

I hear the rumors just like you guys. I hear them first though. 555

So bubbie...what rumours have you heard? <wink-wink, nudge-nudge>

So you do know more!

Ply us with as much information as you are allowed.

Actual displacement.

Cost.

Place of manufacture.

ABS/non-ABS options?

Performance.

ETC.

All I know for sure is that it will be made in Thailand. If it is in fact a 500cc twin, I would expect a price of not more than 200,000 baht. It should have an ABS option since the 250 already has it.

Sumet

Can you confirm us 100 percent that this bike will be released?

Or is it just rumors again?

I dont care if it has an abs or thin tyres but will it be definitely released in Thailand?

Hope to hear.

Sorry, I can't confirm this particular model 100%. I do know for sure that Honda will have three locally made big bike models available early next year though.

I think it`s a good idea to initially only sell at a fixed price from Big Wing centres because this will stop the regular dealers from their greedy little habit of price gouging and everyone will buy at a fair price.

Exactly. honda big wing shops are standardized and i am sure it will be a fix price

But greed is the plague of this world so they might get degenerated as well:D

I m just concerned if we really see this bike or not

Edited by loserlazer

^

am I missing something here ,there is only one Honda big wing shop andit's in Bangkok right,

So yes it's great if you live in bangkOk but what about all those that do not live there maybe not such a great idea.

Just out of interest if I wanted to order say a crf 250r or any other bike they sell from the big wing centres are Honda willing to ship it down to your nearest dealer free of charge for you to pick up or is it only option to actually go up to Bangkok and pick it up yourself

^

It's been t pretty common knowledge for at least 4 months that Honda are going to produce and sell400-600 cc bikes here by the end of year

Taninthai i am not sure how long have you been here but i am hearing these rumors for 2 years or more man. That is why i am a little septic about it.

^

am I missing something here ,there is only one Honda big wing shop andit's in Bangkok right,

So yes it's great if you live in bangkOk but what about all those that do not live there maybe not such a great idea.

Just out of interest if I wanted to order say a crf 250r or any other bike they sell from the big wing centres are Honda willing to ship it down to your nearest dealer free of charge for you to pick up or is it only option to actually go up to Bangkok and pick it up yourself

Good point

And another good point:

what about the service?

Big wing is only in bangkok and local shops sure cannot fix a 500 cc or i dont let them touch my bike.

Buying it is easy. A weekend trip to Bangkok and riding the bike back where you are with joy and fun.

But service?

Still i am sure normal honda dealerships will be involved on this bike somehow one way or another.

Anyway, let's see the bike first:D

Edited by loserlazer

^

It's been t pretty common knowledge for at least 4 months that Honda are going to produce and sell400-600 cc bikes here by the end of year

Taninthai i am not sure how long have you been here but i am hearing these rumors for 2 years or more man. That is why i am a little septic about it.

Been here a good few years ,yes been hearing the rumours for a good year but it was confirmed by a Honda statement about 6 months ago That they are gonna produce and sell bigger engine bikes here

Statement was printed in Bangkok post and mentioned many times on this forum now the riumours are just about what actual bikes they are gonna be

Well, it makes sense that the new cbr would be 500cc... Smack two current cbr. Engines together and then we will have one new bike... My question is seat height (not putting two bikes on top of eachother)...

I would like a bit higher seat, maybe 815++mm. It would be nice and a good bike for me... Honda, think about the tall clowns riding your bikes...

Sorry, I can't confirm this particular model 100%. I do know for sure that Honda will have three locally made big bike models available early next year though.

Perhaps, and I'm just going on Honda's current trend of cost efficiency in the lower CC range, perhaps a faired and naked version of the same bike, and then the same engine put into an off-roader - like the CRF250.

If it's a single than cost is gonna be down even more, and the off-roader is going to be even more at home. The naked would be a great little city racer/commuter, and the faired would still probably out run it's competitor - the Ninja 300.

Perhaps, and I'm just going on Honda's current trend of cost efficiency in the lower CC range, perhaps a faired and naked version of the same bike, and then the same engine put into an off-roader - like the CRF250.

If it's a single than cost is gonna be down even more, and the off-roader is going to be even more at home. The naked would be a great little city racer/commuter, and the faired would still probably out run it's competitor - the Ninja 300.

If Honda makes a 500cc single cylinder dirt bike in Thailand it will sell like hotcakes! Currently all dirt bikes over 250cc are imports and ridiculously expensive.

• Like 1

Mmm that depends how much it weighs a bigger cc dirtbike style bike for touring on maybe but if you want it to actually play in the dirt there gonna have to start bringing the weight down

I should clarify what I mean when I say "dirt bike". I'm not looking for a competition/race bike- more a road legal dirt bike / dual sport type bike suitable for distance touring.

250cc dirt bikes just suck for going any distance on pavement IMO.

I'm bummed that Kawasaki still doesn't sell the KLR650 in Thailand even though it's manufactured here.

2012-Kawasaki-KLR650-14.jpg

If Honda can beat Team Green to the market here with a large displacement dual sport they will own that niche and I'll buy one in a flash.

Kawasaki hasn't made any significant changes or updates to the KLR 650 since 2008 because, just as with their Ninjette 250, there's simply no competition to push them to do so. If Honda can offer some competition for the KLR650 I bet we'll see Kawasaki redesign and upgrade the KLR as a result.

Bottom line- competition is good for the consumer and it's great that Honda has finally entered the Thai market.

• Like 1