Shuttle Service Don Mueang-Suvarnabhumi Airports Starts Oct 1

Lite Beer

So I assume the bus is wheelchair accessible.

Don't assume that at all. The AOT has contracted the BMTA to supply some of the newer (now oldish) Isuzu/Daewoo orange BMTA buses. If you read through the very extensive tripadvisor pre 1 Oct trip report, linked on the previous page, you can view many pics.

http://www.flickr.co...N04/8023873930/ (as you can see, NOT wheelchair accessible)

http://www.flickr.co...N04/8023870020/

For the very lazy, here is a pic of the type of bus being used:

P1000675b.jpg

Note: this pic below is NOT the Airport Shuttle Bus, just an image of the same type of bus being used. Don't jump on an 84 thinking that it travels between the airports.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I took the free airport shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang on 22nd Dec 2012. Very convenient. A good air con bus with lots of space for bags too.

It's between gate 2 and gate 3 on the 2nd floor of the Suvarnabhumi Airport. There's a family mart just inside gate 2 - good for a quick snack/drink.

They did ask to see our tickets for our connecting flight.

We took the 10 am bus and since it was peak holiday time the bus was full - every single seat taken and many others queued up for the next bus. The driver was helpful in getting peoples bags on board too. The drive took us 55 minutes and it was a 2 minute walk to the check in counters at DM.

A super smooth journey! Highly recommended

Here is the schedule for the rides - the same schedule applies for Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang & vice versa

05:00, 06:00, 07:00, 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 10:40, 11:20, 12:00,12:40,13:20, 14:00, 14:20, 15:00, 15:20, 16:00, 16:20, 17:00,17:20, 18:00, 18:20, 19:00, 19:20, 19:40, 20:00, 20:20, 20:40, 21:00, 21:30, 22:00, 23:00, 24:00

post-171758-0-27404600-1357129755_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

You board the shuttle at Gate 3 of the Arrival level of Suvarnabhumi.

Took the shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Don Meung. Took 50 mins, as there was a traffic jam at 1 of toll.

I am not sure whether there had been worst jam than that, but do give yourself around 70 mins allowance for the shuttle ride in your itinerary planning.

I have an inbound Malaysian Airlines flight arriving late morning and an unrelated (booking) AirAsia flight that afternoon to Surat.

Does this qualify me for the transit bus?

I will be joined by a local person who's name also appears on the AirAsia ticket.

Do they also qualify?

In other words, will simply showing AirAsia tickets get us on the shuttle?

I have an inbound Malaysian Airlines flight arriving late morning and an unrelated (booking) AirAsia flight that afternoon to Surat.

Does this qualify me for the transit bus?

I will be joined by a local person who's name also appears on the AirAsia ticket.

Do they also qualify?

In other words, will simply showing AirAsia tickets get us on the shuttle?

Yes, this will get you on to the shuttle bus.

They are checking all passengers for tickets now.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_918D

I get into sunanrpaum airport at around 12.00 midnight, and need to to fly from Don Muang at 06.10 on the 8th of feb, as you can see i have a 6 hour wait so i am in no rush are there bus shuttle services at this time, because some of the threads are saying that the bus service finishes at 12.00.

If nor how much should i pay a taxi, they charged me 1600b last time i think that was too much,

Thanks in advance

I get into sunanrpaum airport at around 12.00 midnight, and need to to fly from Don Muang at 06.10 on the 8th of feb, as you can see i have a 6 hour wait so i am in no rush are there bus shuttle services at this time, because some of the threads are saying that the bus service finishes at 12.00.

If nor how much should i pay a taxi, they charged me 1600b last time i think that was too much,

Thanks in advance

Yes, whoever they are, they certainly ripped you off!

The taxi will cost you around 320-340 baht plus 125 baht expressway tolls plus 50 airport baht surcharge. (There will be very few taxis at departures after midnight so use the taxi stand downstairs)

At that time there is really no need to take the expressway if you want to save the toll fees. Trip time should be 20-35mins.

Thanks in advance

The taxi will cost you around 320-340 baht plus 125 baht expressway tolls plus 50 airport baht surcharge. (There will be very few taxis at departures after midnight so use the taxi stand downstairs)

At that time there is really no need to take the expressway if you want to save the toll fees. Trip time should be 20-35mins.

Thanks i will certainly haggle this time,,good man

Thanks in advance

Not so much haggle but:

1. If traveling after midnight, no need to use expressway as the streets are empty (you save 125 toll straight away). Just specify, "no expressway" if streets are quiet.

2. Instruct the driver, "Meter please". Using the meter guarantees cheap/fair travel. If he says, "Meter broken", step immediately out of the cab and walk to the next one.

I found cab travel using the meter is ridiculously inexpensive.

If the driver is nice you can offer a tip (why not), but this is because you want to, not because you were ripped off.

Basically it's difficult to be overcharged if the meter is used.

Thanks in advance

NO, NO, NO!!! There is no need to haggle. NEVER EVER HAGGLE. You seem to be missing the main point. Act like you live in BKK, jump into the cleanest taxi you see and tell them your destination. Meter goes on. Simple and easy.

It is unlawful for a taxi driver not to turn on their meter! Any excuses, attempts to haggle or attempt to engage in a fixed price should be met with a quick exit and finding another taxi. If you are at the AOT taxi stand, then report the driver immediately to the AOT counter.

Change the dynamics. Taxis are there to serve you, you are the customer and they make good money. You do not 'request' and 'haggle'. Be polite but firm, don't take any BS. There are plenty of taxis in BKK.

Thanks in advance

NO, NO, NO!!! There is no need to haggle. NEVER EVER HAGGLE. You seem to be missing the main point. Act like you live in BKK, jump into the cleanest taxi you see and tell them your destination. Meter goes on. Simple and easy.

It is unlawful for a taxi driver not to turn on their meter! Any excuses, attempts to haggle or attempt to engage in a fixed price should be met with a quick exit and finding another taxi. If you are at the AOT taxi stand, then report the driver immediately to the AOT counter.

Change the dynamics. Taxis are there to serve you, you are the customer and they make good money. You do not 'request' and 'haggle'. Be polite but firm, don't take any BS. There are plenty of taxis in BKK.

thanks guys it seems the only place i get ripped is in Bangkok, your advice is appreciated and noted

Intend to use this service in April when we travel to BKK. We will be flying out from DM airport the next morning on an early Air Asia flight. We will have e-tickets printed out from a PC, presumably these will be excepted by the bus service? Thanks in advance

Intend to use this service in April when we travel to BKK. We will be flying out from DM airport the next morning on an early Air Asia flight. We will have e-tickets printed out from a PC, presumably these will be excepted by the bus service? Thanks in advance

Yes some kind of printed e-ticket or itinerary showing the same or following day of travel will get you onto the free shuttle bus.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_918D

• 4 weeks later...

thanks guys it seems the only place i get ripped is in Bangkok, your advice is appreciated and noted

Have you been to Cambodia or Vietnam?

------

Anyway, I was more interested if there were any paid shuttles from the two airports? And how much should one pay for them?

be CLEAR: this topic is- for anyone who can read Englsih, abundant clear about the SHUTTLEbus, by rented BMTA orange AC-units, between the 2 airports, still runing as explained above.

IN the rather large compound area of Suvannaphumi are 2 free shuttle buses routes- mainly between the AIRterminal and the BUSterminal-and also for workers in the cargo, catering, etc.

There are NO other shuttlebuses (like into town( anymore from either airport. NOR are these available in Pnom Penh nor in HCMC. THere is a citybus from Xe BUyt SaiGon to/fro Tan Son Nat airport in HCMC- but that way out of topic for this subforum.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are pics of the free shuttle bus to Swampy (at the bottom) just in case you are not sure. Schedule earlier in the thread

A1 to BTS Mo Chit and Mo Chit 2 Intercity Bus Terminal and return.
A2 (new) runs to BTS Mo Chit & Victory Monument and return.
(A1 and A2 cost per normal BMTA fares - max 30 baht)

bus_donmeung.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What is wrong with Bus line 555 going every 30 minutes ?

Stops about 5 times between the airports,

And the 555 minibus route uses 100% expressways.

Oh right no tea-money on new busses...

What is wrong with Bus line 555 going every 30 minutes ?

Stops about 5 times between the airports,

And the 555 minibus route uses 100% expressways.

Oh right no tea-money on new busses...

Hi mate does this bus still run as the post here is almost a year old

I arrive at 1.10am morning guess i be out by 2.am

is there a bus at this time?

thank you

You have the info in this thread, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/593821-don-mueang-suvarnabhumi-free-airport-shuttle-trip-report/ post #1. (a little confusing as there are 3 diff threads on the airport shuttle and 2 others on other airport buses - people tend to start threads without checking)

Shuttle bus only runs between 5am and midnight.

You don't really state where you are going at 2am and why but if you need to get to BKK airport from DMK airport and only wish to take a bus you could catch the 555 on Vihavadi rd (main rd in front of the airport) which runs 24 hrs.

• 3 months later...

Hi. My mother will come to Suvarnabhumi Airport by Tajikistan airline at 4am and then she need to flight to Malaysia by Airasia from Don Mueang Airport at 9:35am. Please answer, she need any visa or not, if she come by taxi between airports??? The problem is, they can't speak english, and this 5 hour is enough? or its better to book ticket for 3 hour later from Airasia. Please help..

Friend- you should NOT ask a totally different question about visa in this line about BUS.

I do not know IF Tajiki people need a pre-arranged visa to enter Thailand-but IF yes-then she MUST have it-and arranged before-otherwise the airline will not even give her the boarding pass.

IF Tajiki people can buy the visa-on-arrival for 500 THB, then she must do that.

The immigration cannot see if she wants to stay as tourist, or is just in transit-she has to leave the airport and thus enter the Kingdom of Thailand. She must fill out the forms-also 1 in the plane -by herself, its all in english. That she flies out in 5-6 hrs. does not matter-and is also easily forgotten or changed.

Also I do not know how reliable your airline is on time-if it is a notorious late-runner, like so many old CCCP-airlines, then it is very risky.

IF airline is on time, and IF she has the documentation ready, then -and IF she can at least READ latin (=non cyrillic) alfabet, and IF she has at least some experience to find her way in strange surroundings, then it might be OK.

Assuming she will also fly back to Dushanbe in a short time, from MY/KUL, then it would be FAR better to pay a little more and book a return on MAS BKK-KUL, so she can stay in the transit area and have luggage also sent onward. In that case she can also ask airline for assistance for the transit. AirAsia will not provide that.

DO carefully check if all these IFs are met.

• 2 months later...

Just for everyone's info pls check this thread, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/694237-change-to-free-shuttle-bus-route-time-5-jan-2014/ and note that currently the route appears to have changed for a temporary period.

Most importantly, that you need to allow for extra travel time if taking the shuttle especially during the day and at peak. What was 45-1hr may be 1hr-1.45hr.

Factor that into your decision making about using the shuttle.

Also for the A1 please note that this is the current route given that the Latphrao/Phahonyothin intersection is blockaded;

On that front, the AOT has yesterday confirmed the current A1 (currently operating 7:30am to 11:30pm) route as follows;

- Expressway to Vihavadi north of Ratchadapisek rd,

- Vihavadi rd turns left into Ratchadapisek rd heading west across the Vihavadi overpass,

- Exits Ratchadapisek and heads south down Kampaeng Phet 2 (where it passes Mo Chit Bus station)

- Turns left at SW corner of Chatuchak market into Kampaeng Phet rd,

- Turns left into Phahonyothin rd

- Terminates sotuh of BTS Mo Chit station opposite the DLT (Land Transport office)

For the return journey the A1 apparently heads directly north through the bloackade and straight onto Vihavadi.

Note that most buses which normally pass north through the blockade area are currently diverted via Kamphaeng Phet 2 rd (which is also used by intercity buses) so it is much heavier than normal

If anyone needs clarification of that route description just ask. However, given that traffic is very light and most people are reporting journey times of 20 mins from central BKK to DMK I'd suggest that it is a great time to take a taxi.

%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%99%E0%

Archived