Shuttle Service Don Mueang-Suvarnabhumi Airports Starts Oct 1

Lite Beer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same thing happened to us at DMK. Would not allow us to use shuttle to Swampy without onward air ticket from there.

We instead used the shuttle mini bus 554 (?) parked way down in carpark. Turn right when you come out of airport exit doors. Cost 50 bht each..takes just under 1 hour. They also charge extra for your luggage depending on how they feel on the day. The wait can be long as they fill up the bus before moving off.

For what its worth... if you have a bit of luggage or some mobility issues dmk is no fun to land at.

Air Asia are very unhelpful on how to get to Swampy and basically tell you its your problem, go sort it yourself. You think they would make some service available ...even chargeable, given that all the transfers to other locations operate from Swampy.

Bell do not offer DMK to Pattaya at present..though it listed on their web site.

Bell's service from your hotel or condo in Pattaya to airport or any other destination in Bangkok including main MRT OR Skytrain stations was great. Highly recommended. Pity they don't offer they same going back to Pattaya.

can you pay for the "free" bus if you do not have a plane ticket ?

easier to pay than bus to skytrain to airport link !

"to airport link"

I think the point was, to get from DMK to Ekamai, where there are frequent buses to/from Pattaya from the Eastern Bus Terminal ?

And last time I went via Mo-Chit I had to wait almost 2 hours for the next service-bus to Pattaya-Nua, which then left late ! But that was low-season.

"to airport link"

I think the point was, to get from DMK to Ekamai, where there are frequent buses to/from Pattaya from the Eastern Bus Terminal ?

And last time I went via Mo-Chit I had to wait almost 2 hours for the next service-bus to Pattaya-Nua, which then left late ! But that was low-season.

I was thinking more getting from Airport to Airport....

But if all you need is a printout , Photoshop helps :)

No you can't.

However, you can use the ped link to Amari/DMK railway station and take the stairs down to Vihavadi rd level and take either the 554 or 555 buses which run every 20mins (55 is 24 hrs except 2-4am). That is apart from the mini bus option mentioned 4 posts above.

• 3 weeks later...

Going swampy I have bought ticket from nok air from dong muang. Where to get bus from swampy? And how long it takes ? Any advice thanks!

Outside Gate-3 on Level-2, there's a desk where you show your onward-ticket from DMK & they write down the details (why ?), and it takes 50-60 minutes before dropping you at the end of DMK Departures.

Last week there were several extra passengers standing, due to limited seating, and I suspect that few had sneaked-on without having their tickets checked, the people on the desk didn't seem too observant !

• 3 weeks later...

Going swampy I have bought ticket from nok air from dong muang. Where to get bus from swampy? And how long it takes ? Any advice thanks!

Outside Gate-3 on Level-2, there's a desk where you show your onward-ticket from DMK & they write down the details (why ?), and it takes 50-60 minutes before dropping you at the end of DMK Departures.

Last week there were several extra passengers standing, due to limited seating, and I suspect that few had sneaked-on without having their tickets checked, the people on the desk didn't seem too observant !

This appears to be the schedule.

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/122-transfer-bus-between-suvarnabhumi-don-muaeng

I'll be going from Swampy to DMK.

This appears to be the schedule.

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/122-transfer-bus-between-suvarnabhumi-don-muaeng

I'll be going from Swampy to DMK.

That is the old schedule!

A new schedule was introduced back in May 2014, I posted it here (see post #67) soon after. Essentially, the difference is that between 8-11am and 4-7pm there is a bus every 12 mins.

10423533_10204112972450222_825022545_n_z

So I had to take bus A/1 to Mo Chit , skytrain to Ekamai bus station and bus to Pattaya from there.

Overall it costed me just 62 more baht (30 baht for bus A/1 , 42 baht for skytrain , less 10 baht for Ekamai cheaper ticket) and I arrived about the same time I would have if had taken bus from Suvarnabhumi.

Did you take the BTS from MoChit to Ekami to save time?

There are busses from MoChit to Pattaya, right?

I have lots of baggage so would go directly from MoChit to Pattaya.

Yes buses from Mo Chit Bus station to Cesspool City, depart every 20 mins. Usually a quicker journey time than the Ekkamai buses too. Just take the A1 to Mo Chit Bus station

Really ? I thought that buses going from Mo Chit to Pattaya had to cross all Bangkok and therefore got stuck in traffic for long time ... next time I might give it a try.

Anyway I really don't understand why they are so stingy in denying boarding to the shuttle bus , it's almost always empty. Probably a matter of mafia to rip off newbies.bah.gif

• 3 weeks later...

So I had to take bus A/1 to Mo Chit , skytrain to Ekamai bus station and bus to Pattaya from there.

Overall it costed me just 62 more baht (30 baht for bus A/1 , 42 baht for skytrain , less 10 baht for Ekamai cheaper ticket) and I arrived about the same time I would have if had taken bus from Suvarnabhumi.

Did you take the BTS from MoChit to Ekami to save time?

There are busses from MoChit to Pattaya, right?

I have lots of baggage so would go directly from MoChit to Pattaya.

Yes buses from Mo Chit Bus station to Cesspool City, depart every 20 mins. Usually a quicker journey time than the Ekkamai buses too. Just take the A1 to Mo Chit Bus station

Really ? I thought that buses going from Mo Chit to Pattaya had to cross all Bangkok and therefore got stuck in traffic for long time ... next time I might give it a try.

Anyway I really don't understand why they are so stingy in denying boarding to the shuttle bus , it's almost always empty. Probably a matter of mafia to rip off newbies.bah.gif

The buses from Mo Chit are nearly always quicker as they enter the Expressway just near the Terminal. Ekkamai buses go all the way down Sukhumvit rd to Bang Na-Trat rd and they usually pick up pax at Bang Na before entering the Expressway.

• 2 weeks later...

Outside Gate-3 on Level-2, there's a desk where you show your onward-ticket from DMK & they write down the details (why ?),

The bus operator has to show the AOT & stakeholders what passengers from various airlines/flights have used the service. They may miss the odd passenger, but they have been pretty thorough in my experience.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived