Showers In Don Muang And Hua Lampong

Khun Bob

Hi - Could anyone tell me if there are any showers available in Don Muang (Bangkok Airport) or Hua Lampong railway station in bangkok. If so are there any requirements for using them (First class travel, gold card etc) and how much does it cost to use the shower ?

Would be interested to hear if there are any other low cost solutions either in these places or near by.

Had the idea that in Don Muang there is a disabled toilet and could have a body wash in there - but would not be as good as a shower.

Cheers

There are showers at the train station. Very funky, but they are there.

There is a place at the air port where you can get a day room and a shower. I've seen it and for the life of me can't tell you what part of the air port it is in. But I'm sure you can ask at information.

The only place i have ever seen day room/shower facilites at DM has been on the secure side of the passport line. Not very useful unless you are transferring in bangkok.

I think the Amari has a shorttime rate but it won't be cheap.

I would assume that this deficincy will be resolved at Suvarnabhumi.

Not a shower, but in-between terminal 1 and 2 after immigration but before customs there’s a very quite gents. I get down to my underpants and get a good wash, shave and change of cloths etc. I've never seen anybody in there. Mind you if anybody did come in an see me they probably left immediately :-)

Thanks for all the good replies.

Could you mention where abouts the showers are in the train station - i take it is part of the main building ?

There are showers at the train station. Very funky, but they are there.

There is a place at the air port where you can get a day room and a shower. I've seen it and for the life of me can't tell you what part of the air port it is in. But I'm sure you can ask at information.

Not a shower, but in-between terminal 1 and 2 after immigration but before customs there’s a very quite gents. I get down to my underpants and get a good wash, shave and change of cloths etc. I've never seen anybody in there. Mind you if anybody did come in an see me they probably left immediately :-)

Is this gents on the side of the airport where you have to pass through passport control first or have just arrived on a flight ? (ie not the open to everyone side)

Cheers

Yes, in the main building. If you are looking at the ticketing booths they are on the right, same side as the food court. Now, I've never been in the gents bathroom, but would guess it's the same.

P.S. I can't say about men, but I take a wash cloth and freshen up in the rest rooms in a lot of airports. I would think it's pretty common, especially in Thailand. Wash cloth, liquid soap and baby powder. Fresh as a daisy :o

I didn't take one, but I think there was a women sitting there with towels, but I'd tell your friend to bring a sarong and just use that to dry off. But when I say funky, I mean FUNKY. If your friend has never been to Thailand before she may be in for a shock. It's more then likely a cold shower to boot. She may be better off finding a cheap place and just check in to freshen up.

Depends on the person really.

I think it was 5 baht to use the toilet, so many 15 baht to shower. But really I'm guessing here.

Hi seville - thanks for the replies - i take it when you say funky that you mean basic - ie not hot water - just so that my friend knows in advance are the showers communal - ie you wash with any other people that are there or are they individual ? Either way should be ok but my friend would probably expect individual showers, and if she doesnt know, I may end up with the problem in the end...

I didn't take one, but I think there was a women sitting there with towels, but I'd tell your friend to bring a sarong and just use that to dry off. But when I say funky, I mean FUNKY. If your friend has never been to Thailand before she may be in for a shock. It's more then likely a cold shower to boot. She may be better off finding a cheap place and just check in to freshen up.

Depends on the person really.

I think it was 5 baht to use the toilet, so many 15 baht to shower. But really I'm guessing here.

Dude when the guy says funky he means fuc*ing funky. I've been in some places but.....

Maybe I just arrived late or before they could get a chance to clean after the first rush. I needed to take care of all of my morning stuff but, just could not face it after the overnight train so, waited till I got to my hotel. Hot water is ok from the steam I could see, by FUNKY I mean not clean in a polite sense of the word.

Fuc*ing sh**h*le in the not so polite, although the station on the whole is ok.

No-one will notice your odour over the sweet Bangkok smell. :o

Not sure of the airport though, that is def the best bet though if there is.

redrus

Edited by redrus