Verbal Abuse From Student

chonabot

Arai wa? Really? In what reality to you live in? At my school, and at previous schools, the beatings are in stereo! Classroom to my left, whack! To my right, whack! Daily.

Not only canning, but also self abuse. Catch a student talking too much or verbally abusing another student? They have to slap their mouth 50 times.

The definition of "rarely given" is too broad a term.

Wow! I want to teach at your school!

At my school parents actually request the teachers that are far more strict and quite harsh to the students. That is in the earlier grades. The parents are a little less tolerate of that level of control in later years.

To the OP: Thanks for the post. The replies have been entertaining and informative.

• Like 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right before you all start flaming me I really don't have a clue if this idea would work, but seeing how you guys are all wanting to torture, dismember, and grind the last bastid into pieces I was thinking of a more peaceful solution..........

Eh.......why don't you get a couple of monks to come to the school and talk to him about his behaviour?

Is that the most ludicrous idea you have ever heard? Use your head and not your fists, I would love to see the look on his face when two monks walk in the class and call him out for counselling. smile.png

I'm going to get my coat.......I just know I'm gonna suffer the same fate as you have planned for the wee guy for saying that ermm.gif , be gentle on me, you know by now I'm a bit of an idiot crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrying.gif

In all honesty that is a very good idea.

Unfortunately too late now - but I'm sure it would have been very effective.

He did not get a kick in the balls, his advisor kind of grabbed him by the shirt and that was the only physical contact.

I will be teaching him today and will do my best not to pay too much attention to him, hopefully I shouldn't need to.

I'd try to find a way that this prick would have to bow down in front of me and say sorry, in front of all others. Most other kids in his class will be on your side. not too many are using such inflammatory words. That would change all. Cheers---wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

Right before you all start flaming me I really don't have a clue if this idea would work, but seeing how you guys are all wanting to torture, dismember, and grind the last bastid into pieces I was thinking of a more peaceful solution..........

Eh.......why don't you get a couple of monks to come to the school and talk to him about his behaviour?

Is that the most ludicrous idea you have ever heard? Use your head and not your fists, I would love to see the look on his face when two monks walk in the class and call him out for counselling. smile.png

I'm going to get my coat.......I just know I'm gonna suffer the same fate as you have planned for the wee guy for saying that ermm.gif , be gentle on me, you know by now I'm a bit of an idiot crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrying.gif

In all honesty that is a very good idea.

Unfortunately too late now - but I'm sure it would have been very effective.

He did not get a kick in the balls, his advisor kind of grabbed him by the shirt and that was the only physical contact.

I will be teaching him today and will do my best not to pay too much attention to him, hopefully I shouldn't need to.

I'd try to find a way that this prick would have to bow down in front of me and say sorry, in front of all others. Most other kids in his class will be on your side. not too many are using such inflammatory words. That would change all. Cheers---wai.gif

The idea I have suggested may well have that very outcome........I think it should only be used in extreme circumstances as described by the OP though.

It's maybe one for the memory bank, for future use.

This is the teaching sub-forum and it is for teachers and about teaching in Thailand. The use of physical punishment is against the law and posts suggesting/advocating it have been deleted.

Whether we like students or not, they need to be treated in a civil manner. Part of growing up is learning that behavior has consequences. In the school environment the consequences can be planned and thought out.

If you work in sales, you deal with impolite customers. If you work in a hospital, you deal with uncooperative patients. Each occupation has its challenges.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What does 'Yed mae' mean?

Next time corner him in private and kick him in the balls. No witnesses and he will know his place.

It means:

F... Y... M.....

This is what it means:

1. yed 71 up, 28 down

(Thai street language)

1. (VT) The act of having a sexual intercourse.

2. (INTJ) This sense of the term is used to express a complete surprise. It is usually used as a reply. The term "jed" can be used interchangeably.

3. (INTJ) Always used with "mae" (mother), the term "yed mae!" is an interjection expressing surprise or disgust to a situation, equivalent to "F You!". It does not literally mean "to F your mother." Many variations of the term arise such as "mae yed!", "yed ped!" (ped = duck), "yed mon!" (mon is an abbreviation of "Doraemon"), "yed khrok!" (khrok = mortar) etc.

1. I like to "yed" that girl. She's so F-in hot.

2. John: Say, I've got laid with that girl last night.

Scott: Yeddddd!!!!! That's so cool, man!

3. John: I've broken your lovely glasses.

Scott: Yed mae!!!!! I'll sunder you F-in son of a bitch!