Gave Up Smoking - But Really Miss It.

mommysboy

I read the Allan Carr book in in 2003 after 15 years of 30 a day and several unsuccessful attempts with nicotine gum and patches. I have never touched a cigarette since and never felt the urge. The book is very simple and will tell you nothing you don't subconsciously know already but for the price it's worth a go..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about it, it is smoking that I really miss, in fact I'd go as far as to say life is so much less worth living without it.

That sh!t will kill you. Simple. Imagine lying on a hospital bed about to have your nuts removed because of cancer from smoking or your tongue and throat cut out because of smoking cancer.

You won't have a life to live if you smoke. You beat it, now don't go back. It wants to kill you. Awful stinking filthy habit.

Well !!! I certainly wouldn't fancy that of course, but then again I don't think I'd like to partake of this rather hysterical mindset either.

I chose to vape (ecigs) in the end, fingers crossed I made the right choice, I certainly feel much better than when on cigs, and wouldn't ever go back to them.

Sounds like you could do with one too, you need to calm that mind down.

If you miss it you haven't really given it up. When you stop thinking about it completely is when you can say you've given up.

Yes i agree. And you may as well stop torturing yourself. This is why many people become a bit twisted. What's the point when there appears to be a safe alternative.