U S Wants The Film "innocence Of Muslims" To Be Removed From Google

george

Should Google remove the film?  

438 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google has complied to the internet censorship requests of the Chinese government - so why the double standards

I was under the impression that Google was evicted from the Chinese mainland? Has that changed? When I was last in China I had to access Google via Hong Kong.

Until March 2010, Google adhered to the Internet censorship policies of PRC. Google claimed that some censorship is necessary in order to keep the PRC government from blocking Google entirely. You could read this as a cynical statement to protect Google's commercial interests

Correct access in H.K., but I understand was still filtered by PRC - I might be wrong. From the following URL looks like Google is renegotiating with PRC as of May 2012 / looking at workarounds, don't know the outcome. What I was getting at that Google at one time did co-operate with PRC & now appear to be resisting US government requests in the name of national security. If the American public support this stance in support of Freedom of Speech, their choice.

http://en.wikipedia....of_Google#China

More info:

http://www.guardian....-users-censored

I'm aware of what happened on the run up to Google being evicted from mainland China, and yes they did go through a phase of attempted compliance with local conditions, however in the end various factors came into play which resulted in Google leaving the mainland. Factors too numerous to mention in this thread, and to be honest with you Google can speak for themselves, they don't need me.

My primary interest in your post was the notion that Google were back in the Chinese mainland market, to date it appears not to be the case. One of these days, If I can be bothered, I'll write a treatise on the state of the Nations in connection with China and the USA. The USA is marching into a suicidal position, and one of these days historians will look back on Nixon's visit to China in 1972 as the day it all went wrong for the US.

Just to round of the conversation, looks like the intent of my post wasn't clear. I was referring to the previous compliance by Google to PRC requests & their current non compliance to the US government request - this is what I meant by double standards.smile.png

• Like 1

. This film was apparently made by an Israeli Jew in order to stir up trouble.

The maker of the film is a Coptic Christian fron Egypt with a criminal record a mile long. Don't blame it on the Jews. They have enough problems.

There has been a lot of rumour circulating about who made it. No doubt the Jews will be seen to be hiding behind the Coptic Christian from Egypt by whoever wants to see them hiding there.

You and other people on this forum do not understand how strongly Muslims feel about their religion .In countries like Singapore Malaysia and others with responsible leadership, racial and religious slurs are against the law because they can cause riots and death. This film was apparently made by an Israeli Jew in order to stir up trouble. But if anyone makes slurs against Israel and questions the Holocaust it is not acceptable especially in the US. There should be limits to free speech. The maker of the film is totally responsible for the death of the US ambassador and should be held accountable.

Better read a bit more: the film was made by a convicted felon from Egypt, a Coptic, out on probation. The US may have a case against him for violation of probation, but NOT for the content of the crap film he produced.

You and other people on this forum do not understand how strongly Muslims feel about their religion .In countries like Singapore Malaysia and others with responsible leadership, racial and religious slurs are against the law because they can cause riots and death. This film was apparently made by an Israeli Jew in order to stir up trouble. But if anyone makes slurs against Israel and questions the Holocaust it is not acceptable especially in the US. There should be limits to free speech. The maker of the film is totally responsible for the death of the US ambassador and should be held accountable.

Better read a bit more: the film was made by a convicted felon from Egypt, a Coptic, out on probation. The US may have a case against him for violation of probation, but NOT for the content of the crap film he produced.

Frankly, if Jewish people had made the film it might have been watchable and certainly not the laughable rubbish it is.

• Like 1

At their core, very few religions are tolerant. Otherwise, how would they survive ? It is essential for the core believers to maintain their mythology.

Christians killing other Christians, Muslims killing Christians, Sihks killing Hindu. Christians killing Muslims. Hindu and Muslim at each others throats. You name it, it has happened or is still happening.

This piece of lowest grade cinematography, just shows the contempt of one belief for another. These movie makers are so bereft of support, they couldn't even afford decent camera work, sets, actors or script. If it wasn't serious, it would be laughable.

I doubt if any of the activist mobs now being fermented have seen, even a single frame of this. Further, I doubt at the religious leaders doing the fermenting have seen it either.

Religion has little to do with rationality, or fact. It is about emotion and belief.

These movie makers should be as reviled, as the mobs activities should be condemned.

• Like 1

The constitution incorporating Freedom of Speech was written for American citizens. With the advent of instant global content communication, Freedom of Speech is no longer is purely a US issue. In many western countries it is illegal to publish content that can be construed as vilification / incitement of hatred of any faith or people. e.g. Someone posted that under Freedom of Speech the Nazi Party is legal in the USA and that's OK for the Nazi's to publish their poison as it's a protected right under the constitution. In most western countries it is banned.

It's time for US citizens to wake up and stop taking such a self centered view of the world. Stop supporting activities that are illegal in countries that are US allies and damaging their interests.

10,000 monkeys and 10,000 typewriters: I think you have finally, albeit apparently randomly, hit on an interesting idea.

Is there a world legal body that has jurisdiction over the citizens of sovereign nations as regards their behavior visible to the world? No. Should there be? Possibly. Can there be? Doubtful.

All of those worried about the New World Order should think long and hard on this point.

Thanks, Simple 1.

Leave the film and just remove the Muslim nations from the internet - end of problem.

Brilliant post SamSipet, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

two geniuses! coffee1.gif

Thanks Naam, we certainly are two geniuses.

Brilliant solution !

It is against the religion to have any representation of humans, gods or animals ,so they do not need it anyway !

The prophet complained about his child wife having embroidered pillows representing some animals ,so why don't they emulate him about that as well ?

Films and photos and images are unislamic ...Ohh I forgot ! The internet is an Islamic invention also !

Edited by sauvagecheri

Somewhere along the line there is responibility, the other side of the coin of reedom. Is freedom really an absolute?

I agree with responsibility. responsibility runs both ways.

I'm not sure why the protests and actions are being directed at countries that have nothing to do with the film at all

The constitution incorporating Freedom of Speech was written for American citizens. With the advent of instant global content communication, Freedom of Speech is no longer is purely a US issue. In many western countries it is illegal to publish content that can be construed as vilification / incitement of hatred of any faith or people. e.g. Someone posted that under Freedom of Speech the Nazi Party is legal in the USA and that's OK for the Nazi's to publish their poison as it's a protected right under the constitution. In most western countries it is banned.

It's time for US citizens to wake up and stop taking such a self centered view of the world. Stop supporting activities that are illegal in countries that are US allies and damaging their interests.

10,000 monkeys and 10,000 typewriters: I think you have finally, albeit apparently randomly, hit on an interesting idea.

Is there a world legal body that has jurisdiction over the citizens of sovereign nations as regards their behavior visible to the world? No. Should there be? Possibly. Can there be? Doubtful.

All of those worried about the New World Order should think long and hard on this point.

Thanks, Simple 1.

Well ,then stop Hamas and Hezbollah and your friendly local mosqs in Saudi,Cairo, England ,US ,France and their ilks to spews their hate propaganda as well ( Good luck) !

Hate and intolerance for others and others religions and cultures is baked in the(No name mentioned)LOL cake ,

Under no circumstances......what has happened to the US? They used to be the World leaders when it came to Free Speech!!

If you bow to ignorant uneducated bigoted mobs then one day we will all end up in the same gutter alongside them.

Nothing happened to the US - they didn't act to suppress the video. They ASKED Google to do so, and they were refused. The White House has been quite clear that they wouldn't compromise freedom of expression under any circumstances, meaning they would comply with the Constitution. Nothing prohibits them from asking for voluntary cooperation.

Google, to its credit, didn't comply.

What's so hard to understand?

It's hard to understand the White House asking in the first place.

Try not to insult our intelligence old chap coffee1.gif

I may have misunderstood.

Are you saying that the US should approve the insult to Muslims? Or that they are being hypocritical in asking for its removal?

If the former, we have nothing more to talk about. If the latter, see my subsequent posts.

And let's try to avoid the condescension, shall we, old chap?

This movie is an absolute crap. It can only possibly be watched as a comedy. Maybe it was supposed to be a comedy, who knows. If not, this is about the crappiest movie I've ever seen. But removing it? No Way! If it offends the Muslims they should not watch it. They should grow up and finally realize that there are other people in this world who don't necessary share their views and religious believes. Muslims should be tolerant and respectful to them and their views if they want the others to be tolerant and respectful to them. Isn't Islam supposed to be the religion of love? If not .. okie .. let's start the 3rd world war .. kill each other and let's see who remains on this planet after the dust settles. My bet is on the "infidels".

Edited by notime
  • Like 1

I just watched the movie and would say the only thing wrong with it is that it needs to be recategorized as "comedy" and then all will be fine!

'B Grade slapstick' as a sub genre

However ,if you cross reference it with the historical facts as per islam's records ,even though the story is narrated in a farcical way It is all true !

Edited by sauvagecheri

I just watched the movie and would say the only thing wrong with it is that it needs to be recategorized as "comedy" and then all will be fine!

However ,if you cross reference it with the historical facts as per islam's records ,even though the strory is narrated in a farcical way It is all true !

ummmm...is that like Life of Brian?

• Like 1

Riots in Sydney Australia today from muslim exstremists and 3 more boat loads of boat people (muslims) what a country and the government said they are welcome to the australian way of life what a joke all this over a comedy

I think what eventually will happen in Aussie, UK and various other places...people will get sick of all this BS and will start "protesting" themselves, got a feeling it is coming and you might find a few mosques burnt down, lets face it places like Greece, Italy etc are just about bankrupt and the people will turn and look for someone to vent on they have nothing to loose.

• Like 2

One wonders how many of those rioting against this film in the middle east ...

...have actually watched it themselves?

Almost none believe me, anyhow how many % of these rioters have internet not a lot! I do not mean there is no internet in these countries but the most educated are probably not those in the street. i'd like to interview those mobsters one by one asking exactly what's wrong most probably do not even know the title of this film they have not seen either!

;

However ,if you cross reference it with the historical facts as per islam's records ,even though the strory is narrated in a farcical way It is all true !

ummmm...is that like Life of Brian?

Like Life of Brian without the funny parts.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Riots in Sydney Australia today from muslim exstremists and 3 more boat loads of boat people (muslims) what a country and the government said they are welcome to the australian way of life what a joke all this over a comedy

I think what eventually will happen in Aussie, UK and various other places...people will get sick of all this BS and will start "protesting" themselves, got a feeling it is coming and you might find a few mosques burnt down, lets face it places like Greece, Italy etc are just about bankrupt and the people will turn and look for someone to vent on they have nothing to loose.

time will tell but I tend to agree with you even though I think its to late