BANGKOK 21 May 2019 21:28
Sign in to follow this  
timber

Land Prices

I am looking to build on the south east coast of Thailand in a couple of years. South of Phra Chaub Kili Khan All of the people I have talked to are looking at about 1 million baht per rail for ocean front. Do you think I could do better than that. Location isn't too important. More important that it is buildable and not too hard to get electricity to.

I am looking to build on the south east coast of Thailand in a couple of years. South of Phra Chaub Kili Khan All of the people I have talked to are looking at about 1 million baht per rail for ocean front. Do you think I could do better than that. Location isn't too important. More important that it is buildable and not too hard to get electricity to.

Can you be more specific where the location is? I haven't heard of it. Is it south (east) of Songhkla?

Google can't find the location as you describe it....

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Can you be more specific where the location is? I haven't heard of it. Is it south (east) of Songhkla?

Google can't find the location as you describe it....

LaoPo

I think he is probably talking about Prachuab Kiri Khan a bit south of Hua Hin.

Sophon

Thanks for the infor. The area I am looking for is between Chomphon and Luan Suan but if attractive enough could go further south. Thanks again and cheers

Thanks for the infor. The area I am looking for is between Chomphon and Luan Suan but if attractive enough could go further south. Thanks again and cheers

Hey, Timber I'm new to the discussion board but I think I can help you find what your looking for where your looking for it. I've got a Thai land developer with a few interesting prospects that perhaps would suit your interests.......... They are next to the seashore or only minutes away. Some have rubber, some have palm.........Some require a little investment, some require more, depends on your plans...let's talk. Landman ....

Landman...Name seems to bring a vision. Would be interested in knowing about land opportunities down south. Both interested in land on the coast and interior. On the coast for a home and in the interior for rubber or palm oil plantation.

Landman...Name seems to bring a vision. Would be interested in knowing about land opportunities down south. Both interested in land on the coast and interior. On the coast for a home and in the interior for rubber or palm oil plantation.

Hello again, if you are looking to invest into either rubber or palm then consider this: the south has a lot of rain, and therefore a lot of flooding. This last year was a fierce one with floods up and down the southern-eastern coast in about every province that is close to or below sea level. Case and point Nakorn Sri Thammarat flooded in about every rai and caused damage to fields and crops. Hat Yai flooded, Songkhla, Pattani, etc.. Surat, Laung Suan, Sawi, Chumpon saw a little depending on where your fields are located. If you are looking for a homebuilding site near the sea then you need to find a site with minimal wind turbulence. the East coast, especially Chumpon is known for its Typhoons. But land is fairly cheap near the sea and there is plenty of it available. Near the sea I know of some 12 year old rubber plantations that have never been cut with a view of islands and a panoramic view. Phuket land like this would be in multiple millions of baht. The rubber is on a hill facing the west with the view being on the opposite slope. A road would be needed to reach the peak ideally located for a house or even a resort. There is an unpaved road that extends to the property off the main road about one or two kilometers. There is a small house, electricity, and well already installed. I also am familiar with some palm sites inland laters landman.

• Like 1

Landman - a question for you then.

My wife and I are examining the possibility of buying land in Thailand, possibly the south. In terms of ownership, my wife's suster is married to a Thai and holds Thai nationality (gave up her M'sian one), so should we have her own the land or can we own it outright?

Also, where are palm oil plantations in the south that produce twice a month and are flood-free?

Cheers,

Thx for the mention V :o Just searched "rubber" and "chumpon" and it came up with this:

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=14435

35 rai 20kms outside Chumpon, near the sea, beautiful country land, amongst rubber and oil plantations 8 mil. bht.

Seller's name says Gordon, other than that, I don't know anything about the advertiser. Good luck gents.

Landman

Thanks for the reply. Not looking at a major investment right now unless it looked so attractive that I couldn't refuse. Was interested in rubber and palm inland. 12 year old rubber tree plantations seem to good to be true. When you say land is fairly cheap near the sea how much are you talking about. What are rough prices for rubber, coconut and oil palm land now.

Thanks for your information.

Landman

Thanks for the reply. Not looking at a major investment right now unless it looked so attractive that I couldn't refuse. Was interested in rubber and palm inland. 12 year old rubber tree plantations seem to good to be true. When you say land is fairly cheap near the sea how much are you talking about. What are rough prices for rubber, coconut and oil palm land now.

Thanks for your information.

Sorry for the layoff as I was out trekking and surveying some spots. Yes as far as I have obserbed the rubber hasn't been touched yet. The land the developer offered to sell, and this is HIS quote, was "75-95" Rai wth over "2000 trees" that HAVE been cut before for "4.5 Million" with a view, electricity, a well,and a house. His second piece of land is the one I mentioned aforehand. It is 36 Rai in total, with 32 Rai with 1800 trees, "untouched" for 2.4 Million included a shelter, electricity, and a well at the base next to the unpaved road. The view is spectacular at the top. I have been to both spots last month. Average prices for planted rubber is 30 to 80 k/baht per rai around Chumpon to Surat. Trang is cheaper, but can you protect your field? There are a lot of rubber thieves who will come and cut 10 rai of yours when not protected, and yes this is a problem among other things in the south. planted palm 10k-50k/rai. coconut even cheaper. I know of a 20 rai plantation of 2 year old palms for 500k, next to a highway so easy transport. I also know of a 16 rai plantation with 4 rai unplanted for 1.5 million next to the same highway. But the palm is already ready for cutting. Surathani is exploding with palm, all the way south of Bangkok. Rubber is exploding south of Tung Song to Malaysia. It kind of splits into two at Tung Song, the cement capital of the south. Chumpon is a mixture of each. My landlord of the house I am renting just bought some rai in Phang Nga, north of Krabi for cheap, cheap for palm, but he has to plant it himself and it's about 80 baht per tree to be planted. If you would like to take a look at some photos please be patient as I am considering a website, perhaps in a month or two. If anyone would like to visit in person, I am willing to set up appointments for meetings now. Oh one more thing, someone asked if you can purchase it by your own name. As far as I know, you are not allowed, but if you have family that is Thai, that is perfectly fine. Otherwise it would be best to get an attorney's help especially in the province desired. Oh, I am a teacher, not a bloody realator. Laters LandMan.

Landman salutations

Where do you live? I will be headed down that way during Song Khran. You have a lot of interesting

stuff by the sound of it.

Why not choose a nickname 'Teacher'.

I guess you are a realtor after all 'Landman'.

Nothing wrong with it but why be ashamed. Gives the wrong signals.

Landman salutations

Where do you live? I will be headed down that way during Song Khran. You have a lot of interesting

stuff by the sound of it.

Sorry Man, will be headed back to North America for a short stay during that time for a much overstayed break. But attach an e-mail if you would like to discuss a more indetailed land scene here in the south. One caution to EVERYONE, I saw a post on the board from a land realtor for 8 million for less than forty rai, Anyone with half a brain should consider that if you go through a realtor, you will absolutly pay 400% more than you will if you can find some land by yourself or on the buzz wire. You have foreign money, therefore it is a immediate disadvantage to you. One example I ran into the past month is a Swedish couple, who are rich and retired, wanted to purchase 50 Rai with a two story house on a 'Ranchero' style fruit farm with no palm or rubber, only basic local fruits. The Thai owner went through a realtor who offered the site for six and a half million. I drove by the land and read the for sale sign in Thai, for guess what: two and a half million because it didn't sell. So the realtor is going to take basically 100,000 USD commision. What do you think? Landman... {LandTeacher/LandKrue}.