Looking For Luxurious Apartment In Bangkok (20000-35000)

Hey guys, I just arrived in Bangkok and I'm looking for a luxurious 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom apartment with a large living room that can host about 10 people, for 1 month, and I can pay anywhere between 20000 and 35000 for the month. So far most of the places I found were around Sathon area which I was told is too busy, crowded and touristy. Based on what I've been recommended, I'm looking for something near Khlong Toei or Rachada areas, or any other god central yet local area.

I started searching for that online but it doesn't seem so easy to find. Now I'm thinking it may be easier to find a good living room with a 2-bedroom apartment. What would you guys recommend me?

I'm ready to move in anytime (within the next few days).

Thanks!

Sathorn is definitely not touristy. In fact I hardly ever seen any tourists there at all. It's not crowded either.

I don't know what your definition of luxurious is, but if it's the same as mine I don't think you'll find what you're looking for in your price range. Luxurious condos for only one month would be in excess of 60,000 baht, but more like 100,000.

u only want to stay for 1 month?

It's very likely that you have to rent it for at least 3 - 6 months.

I've seen lots of short-term places, but the rent is usually double what you'd pay per month if staying for a year.

I thought 3 month is called short-term.

...1-bedroom or 2-bedroom apartment with a large living room that can host about 10 people

cheesy.gif

Condos that were designed and built in the last 7 years have living areas that host 2 persons for 1-bed and 3 persons for 2-bed.

Condos and apartments that have living areas that can host up to 10 people will likely be 3-bed and built back in the 90s, or for recent units, large penthouses costing over Bt30m.

What is available will not likely fit your requirement of luxurious, or your budget.

For now I stayed at a random place I found in Sachada Soy 7, right next to the apartment of a friend. I'm paying 900 per day here but the room is actually very nice.

This room is actually 7000 per month. I just visited one of their monthly rooms: larger studio for 15000/month (for 1-3 months).

At 15000, it's a larger apartment than all those I visited today at 40000-60000 !! There's enough place to host the event.

It really seems like there are two different price ranges in Bangkok: 7000-15000 apartments, or 30000-150000 condominiums. Is there anything in-between?

Not sure if you can easily find a land lord crazy enough to lend his place for a month to 10 people at those prices.

What would be the minimum size you can tolerate as I would think anything less than 75sqm would be a tight fit.

You will need to up the ante to at least 50K for a luxurious place.

How many sqm is the place your staying at now?

Edited by tangcoral

At 15000, there are 3 places on the sofa and 4 chairs. I would get 3 more chairs and I'm good. I also asked if they could change the old TV for a plasma TV as I'll need one that can plug into the computer. The balconee is about 12 meters wide!

That room on the top floor has only 1 neighbor room which is rented daily. Heck, we'll rent it for one of the attendees so that we don't disturb any neighbors!

It really seems like there are two different price ranges in Bangkok: 7000-15000 apartments, or 30000-150000 condominiums. Is there anything in-between?

No, there isn't anything inbetween due to the Asian Financial Crisis. The last successfully completed projects before the crisis would have been in 1996, and those after the crisis were completed in 2007 and after.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really luxury at 1k baht???

I agree, I know that there are many hotels in Bangkok for under 1000 baht and you might also find some that looks ok but you have to compromise on either location or quality. We usually stay arround Pratunam and 1000 baht a day buy you really crappy hotels in that area. Poster wanted a hotel in a central location with a big room, you can get lucky and find a hotel with a good rate sometimes but usually quality would cost you from 1500-2000 and up and even at that price i doubt it would meet the requirements.