Bkk - Mahasarakham. User Friendly Transport?

Vegemite

Hello,

I will be in Thailand mid Feb and have had the hard word put on me.

Upcountry it is like it or not!

Other than fly, can anyone tell me the most farang friendly means of transport between Bangkok and Mahasarakham/ Khon Kean/Roi ET or close to any??

Thanks.

Bus service from BKK (Morchit) with VIP-24 (999). Nice, A/C, 24 seats in a originally 50 seaters bus. Approx. 500 THB for the 7+ hr ride. Flying with PB Air (www.pbair.com) into Roi-Et Airport, awfully early in the morning is 2400 THB, - but a pleasant 50 min ride on those new Embraers.

:o BTW; Roi-Et is a nice city - stay at the new Petcharat Garden Hotel, take a pooying-spotting stroll in the amazing Bueng Palan Chai Park in the afternoon, and meet other farangs at the White Elephant in the evening.

Welcome outside the Bar Areas - to the Heart of Isaan !!! :D

Bus service from BKK (Morchit) with VIP-24 (999). Nice, A/C, 24 seats in a originally 50 seaters bus. Approx. 500 THB for the 7+ hr ride. Flying with PB Air (www.pbair.com) into Roi-Et Airport, awfully early in the morning is 2400 THB, - but a pleasant 50 min ride on those new Embraers.

:o BTW; Roi-Et is a nice city - stay at the new Petcharat Garden Hotel, take a pooying-spotting stroll in the amazing Bueng Palan Chai Park in the afternoon, and meet other farangs at the White Elephant in the evening.

Welcome outside the Bar Areas - to the Heart of Isaan !!! :D

Thankyou Jaypee,

I did some research on Roi-et some time back and want to visit while we are up that way for sure.

Thanks for the prices as well. They are a great help.

Just love the cartoon.