American Suspected Of Conducting Lewd Acts With 13 Year Old Boy In Central Pattaya

webfact

May I suggest that you take care in your approach here. The UK has already adopted such a principle, and this is leading to people who have even served in the Armed Forces of that country being told that they must leave.

One of these cases involves a man who was caught fighting in barracks. Since he did as he was told and accepted his Commanding Officer's punishment, he was left with a "criminal" record, which is the basis on which the border agency is seeking his removal from the UK...!

Why take care in the approach ?, this is already in place for a an O-A visa in Thailand, I am suggesting the current loop hole be closed as well on the alternate route to a retirement visa

Further the example you give is irrelevant to the subject under discussion, unless of course some of TV finest pensioners have fought in the Thai army....whistling.gif

Edited by Soutpeel

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HMMM...???

Well, T.I.T. - this appears to be either entrapment, or the store clerks knew that the boy is a prostitute...

I do not condone the alleged act, but then neither do I condone sex with minor girls, but that goes by the board. A sixteen year old girl with a 3 year old son, is a common enough occurance, even in the West...

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, therefore much of what goes on in Pattaya (or Phuket, or...) is illegal...

Boys are pushed into Prostitution for the money and this happens in other parts of the world, also under the noses of authorities...

So, yes, punish the offenders with the traditional 1000 Baht fine - no wait, it is 1000 Baht for public lewdness and only 500 Baht for private lewdness...

Erm...apart from the disgusting act mentioned here, is anyone else bothered by the presence of a toilet cubicle camera? Or was the photo inside the cubicle taken from a mobile phone reach over?

Yeah I'm with you on that one. Quote "Video evidence was presented to Police which clearly showed Mr. Shapiro inside a toilet cubicle with the boy"

So if this was from a camera to the entrance to the mens toilet then I wouldn't say its CLEAR evidence. So they must mean that there are cameras actually inside the toilets themselves or entrances to cubicles. Either way yes I would say that bothers me.

What bothers me more though are sick people who get up to this sort of stuff. If he is guilty then I hope he gets some hard time.

Looks like the staff who went in there used a handheld phone to take the video while holding it over the stall to collect the evidence.

No sympathy for the moron, he doesn't look like early senility will be an excuse.

He will get worse treatment back at home I suspect too,

There will be little to no punishment for him here, but he will be deported or extradited to the states where he will serve a long sentence as the laws for American citizens committing this kind of offense are very, very tough now.

• Like 1

MAJIC

said that to get an o a retirement visa you needed A NO CRIMINAL RECORD from Scotland Yard ,no you do not ,i have never had any such thing and neither has anyone else i know.

But for an O-A which is the retirement visa, you do need a police check from the UK, for the "O" visa/extension aquired either in Thailand or country close by you do not need a police report for retirement, which I assume you are talking about..............this is the loop hole I am referring to which needs to be closed...anyone staying in Thailand for the purposes of retirement needs to provide a police certificate irrespective whether O-A or O

Is it not the case that there are certain toilet facilities which are known as paedophile meeting spots? That being the case I would say it was appropriate to have cameras to identify that old men were taking young boys into cubicles. That way there could be no argument about guilt or otherwise.

So if the question is............would I approve of cameras in toilets to catch paedophiles? You better believe it.

I'm quite happy to lose a little bit of privacy if it helps catch and convict these sick b*stards.

I suppose by your comment it would be inappropriate to have cameras to identify young men taking young boys into cubicles right? What is it with you guys with the one paint brush fits all pedos as being "old guys". I know this guys is 65 and is a piece of pond scum and in my opinion should be castrated if guilty.

Lay off the old guys crap!

Same as with the guys who paint all young guys as criminals in an other topic in this section

Maybe as an appropriate step for all retirees coming to live in Thailand is that they provide an upto date police report from their own countries, know this is place for for an O-A visa, but there is a loop hole in the "retirement visa" process and this should be closed...any sniff of criminal conviction, visa declined.

Please enlighten me how this would help stop someone entering Thailand that has been a pedo for 10,20,30 years or more and never been caught and doesn't have a police record. Think before you post.

MAJIC

said that to get an o a retirement visa you needed A NO CRIMINAL RECORD from Scotland Yard ,no you do not ,i have never had any such thing and neither has anyone else i know.

But for an O-A which is the retirement visa, you do need a police check from the UK, for the "O" visa/extension aquired either in Thailand or country close by you do not need a police report for retirement, which I assume you are talking about..............this is the loop hole I am referring to which needs to be closed...anyone staying in Thailand for the purposes of retirement needs to provide a police certificate irrespective whether O-A or O

This is ridiculous. Before applying for my retirement visa I lived & worked in Sri Lanka, PNG & Kuwait. I had hardly set foot in my country in the previous 20 years.

In any case, where does it state that the accused is on a retirement visa? Visitors to Thailand are just as likely to commit crimes as retirees here. Methinks that you have not thought this through & are just reacting to the article.

those old guys with their pensions.. whistling.gif

I am an "old guy" and I have a "pension".

Quite a normal situation for a senior farang, isn't it ?

You, Mister, are truly a horrible person for saying that I must thus have such disgusting "penchants".

It's you, Mister, who has a disgusting penchant for posting such an insulting post on this thread.

Yes a sweeping generalisation if i ever saw one, a bit like some who think just because you are male and travel to a Thailand for a holiday means you must be a paedophile.

Comments like those from Yoslim i find infuriating to say the least!!

• Like 2

Is it not the case that there are certain toilet facilities which are known as paedophile meeting spots? That being the case I would say it was appropriate to have cameras to identify that old men were taking young boys into cubicles. That way there could be no argument about guilt or otherwise.

So if the question is............would I approve of cameras in toilets to catch paedophiles? You better believe it.

I'm quite happy to lose a little bit of privacy if it helps catch and convict these sick b*stards.

I suppose by your comment it would be inappropriate to have cameras to identify young men taking young boys into cubicles right? What is it with you guys with the one paint brush fits all pedos as being "old guys". I know this guys is 65 and is a piece of pond scum and in my opinion should be castrated if guilty.

Same as with the guys who paint all young guys as criminals in an other topic in this section

Maybe as an appropriate step for all retirees coming to live in Thailand is that they provide an upto date police report from their own countries, know this is place for for an O-A visa, but there is a loop hole in the "retirement visa" process and this should be closed...any sniff of criminal conviction, visa declined.

It is already one of the requirements. Not generally required, but still, on the books for the retirement visa.

What surprises me the most is that this flagrant breach of privacy (filming someone INSIDE the toilet cubicle: which is a criminal act) is accepted from everybody and admitted without anyone complaining? What kind of decadent society is this Thai Culture becoming?

Video evidence was presented to Police which clearly showed Mr. Shapiro inside a toilet cubicle with the boy.

For me it's sure: this Central Pattaya store room is off-limits for me. I WANT MY PRIVACY INSIDE THE TOILET CUBICLE AND I DO NOT WANT TO BE FILMED!!!

TOTALLY DISAGREE... The law has to stick to the law. Filming inside toilet cubicles is a highly and controversial criminal act and in my opinion perhaps more lewd than what the paedophile has done. You even haven't the slightest idea what has already been done with all previous footage from toilet scenes... If I have to make a choice: then it should be ONLY in accordance with the law. These criminals will however been catched one way (day) or another but I don't trust these camera's at all! PERIOD

So we can say that Pattaya exists of young criminals and old pedo's, but in my book a pedo is also a criminal, so all ( young and old ) guys in Pattaya are criminals.

MAJIC

So it is ok for you to perform criminal activities in Thailand as long as you're not retired?

Why not the same requirements for ANY type of long stay visa?

obtaining a police report i.e., from America would not necessarily close any loop hole. In reality it only provides a local account of any criminal activity. America is a big place and when you go to the local police department, the report only applies to that city. This report when presented is accepted but I think without understanding that it is not all inclusive applying to the Federal government and all cities of America.

obtaining a police report i.e., from America would not necessarily close any loop hole. In reality it only provides a local account of any criminal activity. America is a big place and when you go to the local police department, the report only applies to that city. This report when presented is accepted but I think without understanding that it is not all inclusive applying to the Federal government and all cities of America.

I believe the required report for an O-A visa in the US is a report from the FBI ?...understand its a national thing...not sure on this as nit a US citizen

• Like 1

So let me understand your plan - just focus on retirees.

Good god, sometimes certain ideas are just so poorly thought through.

Have you you got ANY statistics that your proposal will address the issue of pedophilia perpetrated by foreigners in TH?

What about teachers, priests and coaches requiring a police report before even being allowed in the country for a vacation?

Ageism is just such a tiresome stereotype on this board.

Yes...

Retirees intend living here on a permanent basis, typically when you want to live somewhere on a permanent basis, one of the things that needs to be supplied is a police certificate from your own country, further when one obtains a proper retirement visa for Thailand ie the O-A it is required, I am suggesting the the current loop hole be closed and this will stop any of our older peodo's getting the country

Teachers working in Thailand are generally required to provide a police report from their own countries

Why such a hysterical response to a perfectly valid suggestion ?......for all intents an purposes this is already a requirement for the O-A visa anyway

I will be applying for retirement visa next week in Chiang mai. I have contacted the immigration office three seperate time and searched the internet trying to find out if a police report is required. They said "no". One website that I located did have some mention of a police report but all the others including the Thai Immigration website did not. I think that if you are outside Thailand and applying for a O-A visa then it may be a requirement to provide the police report but I have been living here in Thailand and apparentely not a document that will be required. Additionally, when I was in America and applied to obtain a visa to live in China, the police report was required.

What surprises me the most is that this flagrant breach of privacy (filming someone INSIDE the toilet cubicle: which is a criminal act) is accepted from everybody and admitted without anyone complaining? What kind of decadent society is this Thai Culture becoming?

Video evidence was presented to Police which clearly showed Mr. Shapiro inside a toilet cubicle with the boy.

For me it's sure: this Central Pattaya store room is off-limits for me. I WANT MY PRIVACY INSIDE THE TOILET CUBICLE AND I DO NOT WANT TO BE FILMED!!!

TOTALLY DISAGREE... The law has to stick to the law. Filming inside toilet cubicles is a highly and controversial criminal act and in my opinion perhaps more lewd than what the paedophile has done. You even haven't the slightest idea what has already been done with all previous footage from toilet scenes... If I have to make a choice: then it should be ONLY in accordance with the law. These criminals will however been catched one way (day) or another but I don't trust these camera's at all! PERIOD

The pictures were taken by a member of staff at Central who had spotted the pair, according to the reports.

• Like 1

I believe the required report for an O-A visa in the US is a report from the FBI ?...understand its a national thing...not sure on this as nit a US citizen

So Soutpeel is it only those on O-A & retirement visas carrying out these disgusting acts..? How do you prevent people with criminal records getting into & staying in the kingdom on tourist visas or are they exempt under your requirements..? The initial post was regards to the pedo getting caught in the John with a minor, so why go off on one about retirement visa loop holes?

Oh and yes I did supply a police report from the UK when I applied for my initial O visa & no I'm very far from retirement age.

So Soutpeel is it only those on O-A & retirement visas carrying out these disgusting acts..? How do you prevent people with criminal records getting into & staying in the kingdom on tourist visas or are they exempt under your requirements..? The initial post was regards to the pedo getting caught in the John with a minor, so why go off on one about retirement visa loop holes?

Oh and yes I did supply a police report from the UK when I applied for my initial O visa & no I'm very far from retirement age.

Dont be rediculous, I am not suggesting that at all, mearly pointing a current loop hole in the current retirement visa process which if tightened up may prevent some undersirables getting in the country who have the sole purpose of molesting children.

I must have really ruffled some feathers here with the wrinklies in Pattaya, so I guess I should not propose increasing the financial requirements for retiree's as well which will keep out a few more possible undesireables as well, as of the opinion the current amounts are far to low...whistling.gif

Many years ago I needed a "home country" Police Report. I forget what non-US gvt entity asked for it. I was traveling a lot then so It was for a visa, for sure.

I was living and working in Indonesia at the time and had no fixed address other than my company's.

Anyway I took a short vacation trip to CA, went to the Los Angeles Police HQ (the big building you see in movies) and, though i was not living and had never lived in LA the police gave me an official paper stating that I had a clean record with them. And that was good enough for whoever wanted that report at the time !!

This is not 'little' bit of privacy. It is insane to allow cameras in toilet rooms. There has got to be better ways to protect kids than having cams in toilet rooms

Dont be rediculous, I am not suggesting that at all, mearly pointing a current loop hole in the current retirement visa process which if tightened up may prevent some undersirables getting in the country who have the sole purpose of molesting children.

I must have really ruffled some feathers here with the wrinklies in Pattaya, so I guess I should not propose increasing the financial requirements for retiree's as well which will keep out a few more possible undesireables as well, as of the opinion the current amounts are far to low...whistling.gif

Ain't ruffled my feathers. I wasn't suggesting that you had tarred all with the same brush, just merely targeting that particular loop hole. I'm guessing your last post just put the cat amongst the pigeons... Good luck.