Hand Washing Or Rather The Lack Of It

nattydread

proper handwashing has the potential to save more lives than any vaccine or medical intervention and is one of the simplest and most cost-effective ways of preventing disease

all cultures have a percentage of people that dont wash their hands particularily after using the toilet mostly because they are lazy rather than ignorant but from my observations in Thailand hand washers seem to thin on the ground

I live in an apatment complex and swim in the pool every day. The swimming pool is right next to the kitchens and restaurant with the toilets adjacent and in full view of the pool,I can see into the washing area of the toilets..I have never once seen a member of the kitchen staff wash their hands after using the toilet

most public toilets i have used never even have soap apart from the likes of the hospital,BigC or Tesco......I see very few people washing their hands after using these toilets

are Thai people taught the importance of washing hands after using the toilet or before preparing food?

• Like 2

Using the men's room in our office building it is quite shocking to see how few of the Thai men actually do wash their hands - and that includes those having used the bum gun.

At most they will just quickly wet their hands - but only to rearrange their hairdo.

Well, maybe not hand washing, but feet washing seems to be more popular nowadays.

Yes I have seen more Arabs washing there feet in a public bathroom sink than Thais washing their hands. The fact that you have 10 sinks and 1 soap dispenser should tell you how little thais feel it's needed.

The swimming pool is right next to the kitchens and restaurant with the toilets adjacent and in full view of the pool,I can see into the washing area of the toilets..I have never once seen a member of the kitchen staff wash their hands after using the toilet

You seem to spend quite some time in the pool (to gather your information). Doesn't your skin get wrinkled?

The swimming pool is right next to the kitchens and restaurant with the toilets adjacent and in full view of the pool,I can see into the washing area of the toilets..I have never once seen a member of the kitchen staff wash their hands after using the toilet

You seem to spend quite some time in the pool (to gather your information). Doesn't your skin get wrinkled?

What a valuable contribution to the thread. What ever would we do without the resident TVF trolls? Ever think about starting up a social club since most of you seem so bored and could probably use some company to talk to.

What a valuable contribution to the thread. What ever would we do without the resident TVF trolls? Ever think about starting up a social club since most of you seem so bored and could probably use some company to talk to.

Compared to Arabs washing their feet, we seem to be equally bored. Maybe we could start PM each other?

I was always taughtnot to pee on my hands

Pee is not the problem. You can drink pee, for the most part in a healthy person it is fine. Even better if you are circumcised. It is the poop that is dangerous.

That's why I pee in the sink.

It's probably because, after using a squat toilet (You know the ones with no hose, no toilet paper, where you have to use your hand), they wash their hands while still in the toilet.

After pouring 3 or 4 litres of water over their hands to clean the **** off, they probably don't feel the need to do so again with soap as well :)

Compared to Arabs washing their feet, we seem to be equally bored. Maybe we could start PM each other?

One post is on topic while the other is about what exactly?

ahhh dam_n.. I took the troll bait.

Washing their hands doesn`t seem to be as important to Thais as it does to Westerners.

Washing hands is not as important if you wear a surgical mask, as many people do. Because it prevents you sticking your unclean hands into your mouth.

Washing their hands doesn`t seem to be as important to Thais as it does to Westerners.

Washing hands is not as important if you wear a surgical mask, as many people do. Because it prevents you sticking your unclean hands into your mouth.

What about my mouth?

what a topic,

thais just out the stone age, thais dont do this before they serve my food, thai this and thai that,

if you really are that botherd stay at home it just might be safer

but dont forget can you remember the big mac employee who wanked into a burger, think it was in scunthorpe,

and you say thais are bad...

its the same all over the world, just some of you like to come on here and make such a fukcing big thing out of nothing, just to have a go at the thais,

jake

• Like 2