Fishing Around Surat Thani

seajae

hahahahaha, mate I near wet myself with that one, what a bugger but at least you caught fish. I fly into Brisbane on the 22nd(a week away) and will go straight to the thai consulate to apply for a 12 month multi visa, already emailed them and they say it should be fine. I then head back to DEEDI to pick up some plants that have been in quarantine for several months with some mates then head back down to Ballina for the week, Will head back to Brissy on the friday to pick up my passport/visa then stay the night and fly out early the next morning to come back here. Hopefully I will get out on the mates boat while I am there.

Dennis

Yep ! its a well known fact that the Thai Consul in Brisbane is just about the worlds friendliest, they are always helpful and i met one guy once who had flown up from Melbourne to get some "sense"

Aint that the truth, I posted my 3 month visa application from Ballina on a wednesday to them and had it back the following monday approved, couldnt believe how quick they are, they must have posted it again the day they got it. Even with this one they said I will probably have it approved on the same day if I wanted to wait, unreal.

Dennis

Aint that the truth, I posted my 3 month visa application from Ballina on a wednesday to them and had it back the following monday approved, couldn't believe how quick they are, they must have posted it again the day they got it. Even with this one they said I will probably have it approved on the same day if I wanted to wait, unreal.

Dennis

G'day Dennis.

Sent you a PM re. flights to Bne. My old lady's got a passion for Frangipanis too. Yea Bill Dunn and his wife lovely couple, Been getting visas from them for what must now be 15 yrs. They have the most amazing Burmese Cat, must be 22 years old by now, still alive when I last saw him around 25 Aug this year.

A bit off topic I know but feel a good reason to ensure you read the PM.

Edited by sportsman69

Well I thought a quick report on my WA adventure was needed...

2200 km completed with no major dramas and no kangaroo deaths :)

Caught a selection of small fishies, whiteing, herring, flatties and lots of big squid...

No massive predators so no pics attached !

Will be back in Donsak next week so will start the hunt for a good spot or 3, flat heads being the target I guess :)

Well I thought a quick report on my WA adventure was needed...

2200 km completed with no major dramas and no kangaroo deaths smile.png

Caught a selection of small fishies, whiteing, herring, flatties and lots of big squid...

No massive predators so no pics attached !

Will be back in Donsak next week so will start the hunt for a good spot or 3, flat heads being the target I guess smile.png

Well please don't forget CC, if you find anything let me know.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know where/who I could ask for a ride from Surat Thani to Ko Panghan in Feb 14?

There will be 6 of us landing at Suart Thani airport and I would like to arrange for a local to take us in his/her boat in exchange for an agreed some of money.

I'm not interested in any of these private luxury yacht companies charging an arm and a leg.

If you can point me in the right direction, please let me know!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 6 months later...

Hi there

I am new to fishing in the suratthani province. I have previously fished out of cheow lan for giant snakehead and other fresh water species. I am in nam pu area looking somewhere for day trips for mainly snakeheads. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction or better still wants to team up for some exploring??

Cheers in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Gulf of Thailand wasting your time from the shore, long toms about all your get. Get off shore and you will have a chance.GOT does have a good Marlin/Sailfish season, but your competing with quite secretive locals when they are running through, normally about now (August.)

Try the wrecks north of Koh Tao, had some lovely trevellay from there.