BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
swissie

Enslaving Farangs In Thailand

There is a thread with regard to Tesco and 7/11 enslaving Thai workers. Within this context I remember an encounter with a Farang gentlemen on my last visit to Pattaya, about a month ago. He also had to say something about enslavement. In short:

- Farang marries Thai-Lady. Builds big house on the property of the wife. According to him, he is already a slave, in case he should come to the conclusion, that marrying the lady and building the big house was not such a good idea, because he can't really get out of the situation.

a) Land and house most likely in the name of the wife. The Farang has therefore nothing to sell.

B) In case of divorce and if married long enough, wife gets a certain part of the pension money of the Farang.

So, his theory went: Unless the Farang has substantial other financial resources stashed away somewhere, he may not be able to get "out of it" , due to those mathematics. He is therefore stuck with his role as an ATM slave, until the "bitter end", whatever that may be.

At the time, I thought of it as amusing small talk. But the more I think about it, for any Farang that is caught in such a situation, it might not be that amusing.

Cheers.

That's not called being enslaved, but having a good time and enjoying life in the place of one's choice.

Edited by Morakot

If he hadn't been parted from his cash in that way, he would have been by somebody else another way.

I haven't heard of many pensioners starving to death recently 'cos they have been fleeced by their Thai "wives".

So this does not meet the definition of slavery, not by a long way.

• Like 1

I haven't heard of many pensioners starving to death recently 'cos they have been fleeced by their Thai "wives".

A few have 'died' in mysterious (and not so mysterious) circumstances recently tho . . .

• Like 1

Some farangs are just dumb, my wifes niece has has a English bloke she is hooked up to who happily sends money over has built her a house all the usual things.

The father of this girl is a little embarressed as she has the thai boyfriend sleeping with her under the farangs house.

Now here is the stupid thing the English farang has been warned by my wife telling him exactly what is happening under his roof but he cannot believe it so he continues to send money to this little tramp as I like to call her.

My wife is even embarressed at what is happening to this english bloke and if you are on thai visa and have read this thread believe everything my wife has told you.

Some farangs are just dumb, my wifes niece has has a English bloke she is hooked up to who happily sends money over has built her a house all the usual things.

The father of this girl is a little embarressed as she has the thai boyfriend sleeping with her under the farangs house.

Now here is the stupid thing the English farang has been warned by my wife telling him exactly what is happening under his roof but he cannot believe it so he continues to send money to this little tramp as I like to call her.

My wife is even embarressed at what is happening to this english bloke and if you are on thai visa and have read this thread believe everything my wife has told you.

The father of this girl is a little embarressed as she has the thai boyfriend sleeping with her under the farangs house

​Is he embarrassed because they have sex in the basement, under the house? May be they really only sleep together. giggle.gif

Guess it would be okay in the master bed room....... coffee1.gif

There is a thread with regard to Tesco and 7/11 enslaving Thai workers. Within this context I remember an encounter with a Farang gentlemen on my last visit to Pattaya, about a month ago. He also had to say something about enslavement. In short:

So you went to Pattaya to meet some foreigners. One of them was outstanding and told you something incredible.

- Farang marries Thai-Lady. Builds big house on the property of the wife. According to him, he is already a slave, in case he should come to the conclusion, that marrying the lady and building the big house was not such a good idea, because he can't really get out of the situation.

Some "not so well educated", or blind foreigners marry the first bar girl they meet, build a house on her property and buy a car. According to me, wouldn't happen to me in Europe, or elsewhere. This is not called slavery, it's pure stupidity.

a) Land and house most likely in the name of the wife. The Farang has therefore nothing to sell.

cool.png In case of divorce and if married long enough, wife gets a certain part of the pension money of the Farang.

The foreigner can make a contract with his wife's signature, ( because he never trusted her either) that all money for house, car, Thai boyfriend a.s.o. came from him. If there's a problem coming up, enough evidence to get some cash back.

Should the foreigner be married to such a "lady" for so long that she's got the right to receive a part of his pension, would be the guy's fault, or?

​Doesn't that happen in more civilized countres pretty often?

So, his theory went: Unless the Farang has substantial other financial resources stashed away somewhere, he may not be able to get "out of it" , due to those mathematics. He is therefore stuck with his role as an ATM slave, until the "bitter end", whatever that may be.

How do you become an ATM slave? Guess you can't buy love and friends, right?

People with a functioning brain would realize early enough when it's time to go, or wouldn't freaking get married beforehand.

So please do not blame those girls who're doing what many other woman all around the world are doing. Not just to fake an orgasm....

At the time, I thought of it as amusing small talk. But the more I think about it, for any Farang that is caught in such a situation, it might not be that amusing.

As you'd already mentioned, it was a "small talk." Hope you won't find yourself in such a situation sooner or later.

Cheers. wai.gif

Some good points. Did some homework in the meantime.

The foreigner can make a contract with his wife's signature, ( because he never trusted her either) that all money for house, car, Thai boyfriend a.s.o. came from him. If there's a problem coming up, enough evidence to get some cash back.

- Contract with wifes signature does not hold water anymore. If there is positive proof, that land & house was financed with financial means by the Farang, it represents an illigal act performed by the Farang in the first place. Law was put into place to avoid litigations in a possibly favourable way for the Farang, Even if the Farang can document, that everything came out of his wallet, he will have bad cards in this game, because he started the whole thing by ignoring Thai-Law.

For better or for worse, all of this is hardly known by Farangs, their spouses and even local lawyers (yet).

Should the foreigner be married to such a "lady" for so long that she's got the right to receive a part of his pension, would be the guy's fault, or?

- There is a good number of Thai-Spouses, that can sit out time in Europe to wait until the "Fruit is ready to be picked".

People with a functioning brain would realize early enough when it's time to go, or wouldn't freaking get married beforehand.

So please do not blame those girls who're doing what many other woman all around the world are doing. Not just to fake an orgasm....

- Theoretically absolutely correct. But in the real wold it still happens to this very day, that a good number of Farangs, after knowing the lady for 3 months or less, are willing to throw their live savings into a "Thai-Adventure". Regardless of the dozends of books and Television-Specials that issue clear warnings with regard to the above.

As you'd already mentioned, it was a "small talk." Hope you won't find yourself in such a situation sooner or later.

- Hardly, hasen't happened to me in the past 15 years, and won't in the future.

Cheers.

I think some people need a 'Thai ladies gossip' filter added to their brains because a lot of stories come to light that way and nobody really knows the truth (including the farang husband involved).

i have heard of countless horror stories in the Surin/Buriram province.

UK pensions are only split with a wife, if you were married to her when you earnt the pension entitlement.

And then only split if she has access to the UK courts for divorce.

UK pensions are only split with a wife, if you were married to her when you earnt the pension entitlement.

And then only split if she has access to the UK courts for divorce.

My personal experience was that there is no stead-fast rule in England how the split is made up for a pension split. Its done on a one off basis. If i remember rightly that is,however not the case in Scotland where there IS a precident rule of Law.

Most garbage comes from the same bin.......

or family line.........or just ..humanity.

Could find a solution if Western men looking for a companion chose a 7 staff member instead of a smile seller from Pattaya.

• Like 1

So you went to Pattaya to meet some foreigners. One of them was outstanding and told you something incredible.

Some "not so well educated", or blind foreigners marry the first bar girl they meet, build a house on her property and buy a car. According to me, wouldn't happen to me in Europe, or elsewhere. This is not called slavery, it's pure stupidity.

cool.png In case of divorce and if married long enough, wife gets a certain part of the pension money of the Farang.

​Doesn't that happen in more civilized countres pretty often?

Cheers. wai.gif

Some good points. Did some homework in the meantime.

- Contract with wifes signature does not hold water anymore.

" That was always the case, but only valid for everything signed during the marriage, see Civil and Commercial Code, forgot the number. But for a divorce,if the husband can proof that he provides the money,use CCC,Section 1471 (sin suan tua) and the wife will get nothing"

If there is positive proof, that land & house was financed with financial means by the Farang, it represents an illigal act performed by the Farang in the first place. Law was put into place to avoid litigations in a possibly favourable way for the Farang, Even if the Farang can document, that everything came out of his wallet, he will have bad cards in this game, because he started the whole thing by ignoring Thai-Law.

" The law is in place since 1999 and it is called "Land Code Amedment Act (No.8) B.E.2542, the Section is 96" and the punishment for the nominee (here the wife) is bigger than for the husband who provides the money (Land Act Section 111-113)" See also www.dol.go.th

For better or for worse, all of this is hardly known by Farangs, their spouses and even local lawyers (yet).

It is known, believe me, only not many care about

- There is a good number of Thai-Spouses, that can sit out time in Europe to wait until the "Fruit is ready to be picked".

- Theoretically absolutely correct. But in the real wold it still happens to this very day, that a good number of Farangs, after knowing the lady for 3 months or less, are willing to throw their live savings into a "Thai-Adventure". Regardless of the dozends of books and Television-Specials that issue clear warnings with regard to the above.

- Hardly, hasen't happened to me in the past 15 years, and won't in the future.

Cheers.

Edited by hanuman2543