Enslaving Farangs In Thailand

swissie

There is a thread with regard to Tesco and 7/11 enslaving Thai workers. Within this context I remember an encounter with a Farang gentlemen on my last visit to Pattaya, about a month ago. He also had to say something about enslavement. In short:

- Farang marries Thai-Lady. Builds big house on the property of the wife. According to him, he is already a slave, in case he should come to the conclusion, that marrying the lady and building the big house was not such a good idea, because he can't really get out of the situation.

a) Land and house most likely in the name of the wife. The Farang has therefore nothing to sell.

B) In case of divorce and if married long enough, wife gets a certain part of the pension money of the Farang.

So, his theory went: Unless the Farang has substantial other financial resources stashed away somewhere, he may not be able to get "out of it" , due to those mathematics. He is therefore stuck with his role as an ATM slave, until the "bitter end", whatever that may be.

At the time, I thought of it as amusing small talk. But the more I think about it, for any Farang that is caught in such a situation, it might not be that amusing.

Cheers.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he hadn't been parted from his cash in that way, he would have been by somebody else another way.

I haven't heard of many pensioners starving to death recently 'cos they have been fleeced by their Thai "wives".

So this does not meet the definition of slavery, not by a long way.

• Like 1

Some farangs are just dumb, my wifes niece has has a English bloke she is hooked up to who happily sends money over has built her a house all the usual things.

The father of this girl is a little embarressed as she has the thai boyfriend sleeping with her under the farangs house.

Now here is the stupid thing the English farang has been warned by my wife telling him exactly what is happening under his roof but he cannot believe it so he continues to send money to this little tramp as I like to call her.

My wife is even embarressed at what is happening to this english bloke and if you are on thai visa and have read this thread believe everything my wife has told you.

Some farangs are just dumb, my wifes niece has has a English bloke she is hooked up to who happily sends money over has built her a house all the usual things.

The father of this girl is a little embarressed as she has the thai boyfriend sleeping with her under the farangs house.

Now here is the stupid thing the English farang has been warned by my wife telling him exactly what is happening under his roof but he cannot believe it so he continues to send money to this little tramp as I like to call her.

My wife is even embarressed at what is happening to this english bloke and if you are on thai visa and have read this thread believe everything my wife has told you.

The father of this girl is a little embarressed as she has the thai boyfriend sleeping with her under the farangs house

​Is he embarrassed because they have sex in the basement, under the house? May be they really only sleep together. giggle.gif

Guess it would be okay in the master bed room....... coffee1.gif

There is a thread with regard to Tesco and 7/11 enslaving Thai workers. Within this context I remember an encounter with a Farang gentlemen on my last visit to Pattaya, about a month ago. He also had to say something about enslavement. In short:

So you went to Pattaya to meet some foreigners. One of them was outstanding and told you something incredible.

- Farang marries Thai-Lady. Builds big house on the property of the wife. According to him, he is already a slave, in case he should come to the conclusion, that marrying the lady and building the big house was not such a good idea, because he can't really get out of the situation.

Some "not so well educated", or blind foreigners marry the first bar girl they meet, build a house on her property and buy a car. According to me, wouldn't happen to me in Europe, or elsewhere. This is not called slavery, it's pure stupidity.

a) Land and house most likely in the name of the wife. The Farang has therefore nothing to sell.

cool.png In case of divorce and if married long enough, wife gets a certain part of the pension money of the Farang.

The foreigner can make a contract with his wife's signature, ( because he never trusted her either) that all money for house, car, Thai boyfriend a.s.o. came from him. If there's a problem coming up, enough evidence to get some cash back.

Should the foreigner be married to such a "lady" for so long that she's got the right to receive a part of his pension, would be the guy's fault, or?

​Doesn't that happen in more civilized countres pretty often?

So, his theory went: Unless the Farang has substantial other financial resources stashed away somewhere, he may not be able to get "out of it" , due to those mathematics. He is therefore stuck with his role as an ATM slave, until the "bitter end", whatever that may be.

How do you become an ATM slave? Guess you can't buy love and friends, right?

People with a functioning brain would realize early enough when it's time to go, or wouldn't freaking get married beforehand.

So please do not blame those girls who're doing what many other woman all around the world are doing. Not just to fake an orgasm....

At the time, I thought of it as amusing small talk. But the more I think about it, for any Farang that is caught in such a situation, it might not be that amusing.

As you'd already mentioned, it was a "small talk." Hope you won't find yourself in such a situation sooner or later.

Cheers. wai.gif

Some good points. Did some homework in the meantime.

The foreigner can make a contract with his wife's signature, ( because he never trusted her either) that all money for house, car, Thai boyfriend a.s.o. came from him. If there's a problem coming up, enough evidence to get some cash back.

- Contract with wifes signature does not hold water anymore. If there is positive proof, that land & house was financed with financial means by the Farang, it represents an illigal act performed by the Farang in the first place. Law was put into place to avoid litigations in a possibly favourable way for the Farang, Even if the Farang can document, that everything came out of his wallet, he will have bad cards in this game, because he started the whole thing by ignoring Thai-Law.

For better or for worse, all of this is hardly known by Farangs, their spouses and even local lawyers (yet).

Should the foreigner be married to such a "lady" for so long that she's got the right to receive a part of his pension, would be the guy's fault, or?

- There is a good number of Thai-Spouses, that can sit out time in Europe to wait until the "Fruit is ready to be picked".

People with a functioning brain would realize early enough when it's time to go, or wouldn't freaking get married beforehand.

So please do not blame those girls who're doing what many other woman all around the world are doing. Not just to fake an orgasm....

- Theoretically absolutely correct. But in the real wold it still happens to this very day, that a good number of Farangs, after knowing the lady for 3 months or less, are willing to throw their live savings into a "Thai-Adventure". Regardless of the dozends of books and Television-Specials that issue clear warnings with regard to the above.

As you'd already mentioned, it was a "small talk." Hope you won't find yourself in such a situation sooner or later.

- Hardly, hasen't happened to me in the past 15 years, and won't in the future.

Cheers.

I think some people need a 'Thai ladies gossip' filter added to their brains because a lot of stories come to light that way and nobody really knows the truth (including the farang husband involved).

i have heard of countless horror stories in the Surin/Buriram province.

UK pensions are only split with a wife, if you were married to her when you earnt the pension entitlement.

And then only split if she has access to the UK courts for divorce.

My personal experience was that there is no stead-fast rule in England how the split is made up for a pension split. Its done on a one off basis. If i remember rightly that is,however not the case in Scotland where there IS a precident rule of Law.

Most garbage comes from the same bin.......

or family line.........or just ..humanity.

So you went to Pattaya to meet some foreigners. One of them was outstanding and told you something incredible.

Some "not so well educated", or blind foreigners marry the first bar girl they meet, build a house on her property and buy a car. According to me, wouldn't happen to me in Europe, or elsewhere. This is not called slavery, it's pure stupidity.

cool.png In case of divorce and if married long enough, wife gets a certain part of the pension money of the Farang.

​Doesn't that happen in more civilized countres pretty often?

Cheers. wai.gif

Some good points. Did some homework in the meantime.

- Contract with wifes signature does not hold water anymore.

" That was always the case, but only valid for everything signed during the marriage, see Civil and Commercial Code, forgot the number. But for a divorce,if the husband can proof that he provides the money,use CCC,Section 1471 (sin suan tua) and the wife will get nothing"

If there is positive proof, that land & house was financed with financial means by the Farang, it represents an illigal act performed by the Farang in the first place. Law was put into place to avoid litigations in a possibly favourable way for the Farang, Even if the Farang can document, that everything came out of his wallet, he will have bad cards in this game, because he started the whole thing by ignoring Thai-Law.

" The law is in place since 1999 and it is called "Land Code Amedment Act (No.8) B.E.2542, the Section is 96" and the punishment for the nominee (here the wife) is bigger than for the husband who provides the money (Land Act Section 111-113)" See also www.dol.go.th

For better or for worse, all of this is hardly known by Farangs, their spouses and even local lawyers (yet).

It is known, believe me, only not many care about

- There is a good number of Thai-Spouses, that can sit out time in Europe to wait until the "Fruit is ready to be picked".

- Theoretically absolutely correct. But in the real wold it still happens to this very day, that a good number of Farangs, after knowing the lady for 3 months or less, are willing to throw their live savings into a "Thai-Adventure". Regardless of the dozends of books and Television-Specials that issue clear warnings with regard to the above.

- Hardly, hasen't happened to me in the past 15 years, and won't in the future.

Cheers.

Edited by hanuman2543

Many years ago I met and fell in love with a lady and 9 months later we got married and a couple of years later still our son came along. After a few years of rented accommodation around the country as my job dictated I eventually left and with the money they gave me we bought our house.

My wife worked for a while then gave up and started and stopped a couple of times more. In my job I travelled around the country more but went home at weekends and 3 years later was given the chance to worl elsewhere, which after discussing it with my wife and son I took that job.

I used to get back usually 3 times a year for my son's birthday in April, hollidays in August and for Xmas/New Year.

The marriage slowly fell apart and I met a girl or two here and there and we broke up and divorced. Our son was 19 so it wasn't that bad.

In the divorce I managed to keep my pensions and a lot of personal stuff. It cost me an arm and a leg in alimony not that I am complaining because most of the problem was my fault anyway.

I went back with a girl I had mey 6 years before and the year after my divorce was final we married in the UK and have been for 12 years and we have an 8 year old son.

We have a bit of land and a house to live in and get on fairly well though to be truthful I must piss her off much more at times than she does to me.

She used to work, gave it up then started again and stopped a couple of years ago.

When I die she will get 1/2 my pensions etc and of course the house and land will be hers anyway.

If we divorce I expect that she will get the house and land and alimony and I of course will help out with our son.

The only difference between my two marriages was the first wife was from the UK and my second wife is Thai and I knew her for 6 years before we married.

The point basically is that when you go into a marriage it should work if you can trust each other, and if you go intgo a marrige with the thought of "what do I get back if it falls apart" to me it means you are not committed in the first place and the odds are the marriage will fail anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

Judging by the look of misery and shame on the faces of the 'little dogs (Farang) that I see in BigC every time I go there, trotting after their wife, I am beginning to understand why many of them just do the 'avoid eye contact' thing as a matter of course. One Farnag poisoned in our village, another being cuckolded without shame, many absentee Farnag houses inhabited by wife plus her boyfriend, I seem to be the only one leading a normal existence, despite many temptations.

My wife knows that I am capable f packing my bag and leaving at any time, marriage or no marriage. I came here for freedom, not enslavement.

Mind you, she has threatened to cut my balls off..

I frequently shop at Big-C. However, I tend to avoid eye contact with any farang who looks likely to collar me with a story about all the enslaved expats in his village, excepting Mr. Macho of course, being cuckolded or even murdered. Meeting you would bugger up a pleasant shopping trip and the rest of my day.

• Like 2

The point basically is that when you go into a marriage it should work if you can trust each other, and if you go intgo a marrige with the thought of "what do I get back if it falls apart" to me it means you are not committed in the first place and the odds are the marriage will fail anywhere in the world.

Alternatively, don't let them in the UK, then when it all goes wrong, you don't have to pay anything.

(Also rent your home and buy the car in your own name). So it doesn't matter if the marriage fails.

Why bet your home, pension, assets and future income on a temporary relationship?

Why let any woman/man enslave you?

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

Judging by the look of misery and shame on the faces of the 'little dogs (Farang) that I see in BigC every time I go there, trotting after their wife, I am beginning to understand why many of them just do the 'avoid eye contact' thing as a matter of course. One Farnag poisoned in our village, another being cuckolded without shame, many absentee Farnag houses inhabited by wife plus her boyfriend, I seem to be the only one leading a normal existence, despite many temptations.

My wife knows that I am capable f packing my bag and leaving at any time, marriage or no marriage. I came here for freedom, not enslavement.

I frequently shop at Big-C. However, I tend to avoid eye contact with any farang who looks likely to collar me with a story about all the enslaved expats in his village, excepting Mr. Macho of course, being cuckolded or even murdered. Meeting you would bugger up a pleasant shopping trip and the rest of my day.

deary me, what an evil posting. I am definitely not Mr. Macho, every time I mention the avoid eye contact thing, I get insulted. What strange people some of you are.

Where I lived before, sir, if you didn't say good morning or answer a 'good morning', people took it very badly.

Come visit my village and I'll show you around. It's not a big deal, that's the way it is.

• Like 1

The father of this girl is a little embarressed as she has the thai boyfriend sleeping with her under the farangs house

​Is he embarrassed because they have sex in the basement, under the house? May be they really only sleep together. giggle.gif

Guess it would be okay in the master bed room....... coffee1.gif

And the Father is not embarressed enough to.... 1. Tell the Guy..... 2. Put a stop to it..... 3...... Stop taking the Farangs money......4. Kick his miserable excuse for a Daughter out.

The Hypocracy is breathtaking.

deary me, what an evil posting. I am definitely not Mr. Macho, every time I mention the avoid eye contact thing, I get insulted. What strange people some of you are.

Where I lived before, sir, if you didn't say good morning or answer a 'good morning', people took it very badly.

Come visit my village and I'll show you around. It's not a big deal, that's the way it is.

I agree with cooked, I've had eye witness testimonials from the men who have had their family jewels cooked, blended, sauteed, grilled, filleted, etc. Be careful around many of these frog and dog eaters!

If you come to my village it won't take more than 5 minutes to show you around. It's not big but strung out along the road.

When IK see farangs in BigC or whereever I am polite enough and pass the time of day. If they want to speak more then I will as I can always look at the time on my mobile and excuse myself saying that I am supposed to meet my wife in a couple of minutes.

• Like 1

So swissie is raising this issue after being a TV member for 6 years. clap2.gif

Must admit, I like to raise issues that are a bit controversial. This happens to be one of them. And this issue will be raised by many other posters, as long as there is the fact remaining, that if a Thai-National that gets entangled in legal matters in Europe is treated the same way as an european "native". = Everybody is equal before the law of the land.

It's exactly the same in the West, the woman gets the house. Women are always more equal than men.