Enslaving Farangs In Thailand

swissie

Hmmmm, I think I might have read this story before.

Maybe by someone else, and slighly edited.

Let me think (that's the noise you hear)........................yep, read something similar about 97 times before.

By the way, did I miss the regular farang=ATM in the thread?

tongue.png

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, did I miss the regular farang=ATM in the thread?

tongue.png

I think you will find anyone will be treated as an ATM if they allow it.

Nationality not important, seen it happen to many Thai men, and a few Thai ladies too.

Agree.

However, seems to be a large portion of the TV members who believe this is purely a Thai thing.

• Like 2

I love my wife and consider myself very lucky to have a good wife but one never knows for sure. I can tell you that if she were to throw me out tomorrow, that I wouldn't miss any meals and I would still have a vehicle to drive and a roof over my head. I have not put myself in a situation that I have to worry about my financial future. I would be devastated if I lost my wife but NOT financially devastated.

Same here.

Love is no excuse for being silly.

• Like 1

I love my wife and consider myself very lucky to have a good wife but one never knows for sure. I can tell you that if she were to throw me out tomorrow, that I wouldn't miss any meals and I would still have a vehicle to drive and a roof over my head. I have not put myself in a situation that I have to worry about my financial future. I would be devastated if I lost my wife but NOT financially devastated.

Same here.

Of course it is. Being in love or being drunk are the best excuses or being silly!

• Like 1

Climbing mountains, fording streams and following byways until you find your dream. Cant remember the full wording, but that was the important bit. What I don't remember is the chain smoking and beer guzzling bits in the lyrics though?..

Life is to be lived. Much of mine is fairly mundane daily chores but still a part of my life and enjoyable. Sharks, snakes and crocodiles motivate me but even those dont seem so bad after many years here. Meet worse everyday.

I reckon His Majesty the King has it right with his sufficiency teachings. The trick is to adjust your life to make sure there is enough. If not its rice, tree leaves and frogs for as long as it takes.

Dont take yourself too seriously and you will never be Enslaved.

• Like 1

Climbing mountains, fording streams and following byways until you find your dream. Cant remember the full wording, but that was the important bit. What I don't remember is the chain smoking and beer guzzling bits in the lyrics though?..

He was marrying a Nun, fairly sure the beer, ciggies and shagging would have been strictly limited.

• Like 1

Same here.

Of course it is. Being in love or being drunk are the best excuses or being silly!

Some play safe, others take a different approach, The play safe is the wise way. I on the other hand have had the devil may care attitude, all my life. No doubt why I am always broke, but life is for living. If you want to climb a mountain you may as well go for the biggest one. Tried and lost on many a time, when your life pass before your eye at it's end ,at least I will seen an interesting one.

Won't be the riches man in the grave yard that's for sure. Jim

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson

• Like 2

Nothing at all interesting on a 'born again' former sexpat site.

Low paid TEFL teacher, who played with hookers for years, got himself an 'educated hi-so' went anti-hooker, educated hi-so screwed him over and upgraded to a man with more money..

He posted for years about how his girl was different . ..... tell me the old, old, story.

No credibility, as daft as any of us ever were.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Nothing at all interesting on a 'born again' former sexpat site.

Low paid TEFL teacher, who played with hookers for years, got himself an 'educated hi-so' went anti-hooker, educated hi-so screwed him over and upgraded to a man with money..

He posted for years about how his girl was different ........ ha ha.

Now bitter and twisted about the ex. ..... tell me the old, old, story.

No credibility, as daft as any of us ever were.

Do i detect a bit of animosity there. I don't particularly care about Stickman. To me it's interesting because a lot of whats written is true.

Do i detect a bit of animosity there. I don't particularly care about Stickman. To me it's interesting because a lot of whats written is true.

I get tired of listening to these idiots, they all spout the same rubbish.

When you come to Thailand you pass through various stages.

1. Thai girls are wonderful.

2. I hear bad stories about Thai girls but mine is different, I trust her totally and she never worked in a bar.

3. Thai girls are evil cheats that only want my money, avoid them all.

4. Keep a firm grip on your finances and enjoy your life.

Depending on how foolish you are, you progress through the stages, some guys never get past stage 2.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

I get tired of listening to these idiots, they all spout the same rubbish.

When you come to Thailand you pass through various stages.

1. Thai girls are wonderful.

2. I hear bad stories about Thai girls but mine is different, I trust her totally and she never worked in a bar.

3. Thai girls are evil cheats that only want my money, avoid them all.

4. Keep a firm grip on your finances and enjoy your life.

Depending on how foolish you are, you progress through the stages, some guys never get past stage 2.

Ahh , reading your descriptive slander of Stickman made me think you actually knew him personally and bore some sort of grudge. Obviously you don't know him at all. Remind me not to listen to him and all the other rubbish spouting idiots anymore. I'll just just lend my ear to your extensive knowledge on Thailand in future. You must have lots of followers coiled with anticipation awaiting your latest ramblings ?

• Like 2

Ahh , reading your descriptive slander of Stickman ........

Don't believe I can see any slander in my OP ......... I suggest you read it again.

But if you or anyone else can, please use the 'report' button to have the post removed.

Oh phleeze , your description of him is shown in your words for everybody to see. How can you make such an assumtion of someone you don't know and you've never met. Personally i've always enjoyed reading his site and so have 1000s of others. Maybe you should start your own website to share your own insights and thoughts on Thailand. On second thoughts maybe you shouldn't. Report you for what. Don't be so childish.

Don't believe I can see any slander in my OP ......... I suggest you read it again.

But if you or anyone else can, please use the 'report' button to have the post removed.

Oh phleeze , your description of him is shown in your words for everybody to see. How can you make such an assumtion of someone you don't know and you've never met. Personally i've always enjoyed reading his site and so have 1000s of others. Maybe you should start your own website to share your own insights and thoughts on Thailand. On second thoughts maybe you shouldn't. Report you for what. Don't be so childish.

Tommo and l could ''perhaps'' start a website, as our eyes are open, many eyes require blinkers to navigate, but those eyes have a jokey. whistling.gif ..............................smile.png

Tommo and l could ''perhaps'' start a website, as our eyes are open, many eyes require blinkers to navigate, but those eyes have a jokey. whistling.gif ..............................smile.png

Well yes you probably could but you'd need an awful lot of help with your punctuation. Not to mention the silly riddles and smileys. Goodnight ...