Enslaving Farangs In Thailand

swissie

Pattaya has something for nearly everyone. For that matter, Bangkok also has nearly everything. I didn't like living in Bangkok because of the wall to wall people and the horrendous traffic. Pattaya is also much too hectic for me. And yes, there are a lot of bums there. Fortunately they are outnumbered by the good guys.

My condo is located on Soi Chaiyapruk in Jomtien. When I first bought it, there was very little built on that road and you could walk to the beach with very little fear of being run over. That has changed too, Buildings have popped up from one end to the other. That's just another reason I prefer to live in the boonies.

I suppose a lot of the city boys would be happy living in Bangkok or Pattaya but I was raised in a very small town of maybe 600 to 700 people. I'm still the small town type.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya has something for nearly everyone. For that matter, Bangkok also has nearly everything. I didn't like living in Bangkok because of the wall to wall people and the horrendous traffic. Pattaya is also much too hectic for me. And yes, there are a lot of bums there. Fortunately they are outnumbered by the good guys.

My condo is located on Soi Chaiyapruk in Jomtien. When I first bought it, there was very little built on that road and you could walk to the beach with very little fear of being run over. That has changed too, Buildings have popped up from one end to the other. That's just another reason I prefer to live in the boonies.

I suppose a lot of the city boys would be happy living in Bangkok or Pattaya but I was raised in a very small town of maybe 600 to 700 people. I'm still the small town type.

I am complete opposite. Brought up in or around cities or large towns and got fed up with it. Give me countryside anytime.

• Like 1

I am complete opposite. Brought up in or around cities or large towns and got fed up with it. Give me countryside anytime.

Yes but there's a huge difference between living in the countryside in Issan than in your native country. In Issan you have nothing of beauty. It's just rice paddies and baron land . Ok the odd areas of forest but not too much. All the locals unless you speak good Thai you can forget any conversation. The odd grunt or two sometimes causes a laugh among those who see you as a bit of a novelty. IMO you have to be a bit of a loner to stay up there. Sort of like your own company as such. Yes i'm aware there are other farangs but from what i see they spend most of their time trying to avoid other farangs. I do wonder why a farang would want to be there. My opinion won't alter. You've been pussy whipped and followed your cock. Of course people don't like to hear this. Nobody actually admits to meeting their darling in a bar. God forbid admit she's an ex hooker. Suggest her family are nothing but a bunch of lazy leaches who only see you as something akin to a lottery jackpot brings more outcry with posts of denial. Of course i'm always accused of being bitter which is simply not true. It's your life , i don't care what you do but i find the lack of genuine honesty amazing. Why should i be bitter. I wouldn't live there for a gold pig. If i wanted to live the countryside i'd live in Derbyshire where i originate from and not somewhere so far removed from my normal life. Living with a sexy much younger darling treating me like a Roman Prince wouldn't happen and I'd probably have to boom boom some fat lard arse or become a master at the art of masterbation. I'd benefit by having people i could talk too and i'd certainly have countryside with beauty far beyond anything in Issan. So why do you live there ?

Edited by nanapong

Yes but there's a huge difference between living in the countryside in Issan than in your native country. In Issan you have nothing of beauty. It's just rice paddies and baron land . Ok the odd areas of forest but not too much. All the locals unless you speak good Thai you can forget any conversation. The odd grunt or two sometimes causes a laugh among those who see you as a bit of a novelty. IMO you have to be a bit of a loner to stay up there. Sort of like your own company as such. Yes i'm aware there are other farangs but from what i see they spend most of their time trying to avoid other farangs. I do wonder why a farang would want to be there. My opinion won't alter. You've been pussy whipped and followed your cock. Of course people don't like to hear this. Nobody actually admits to meeting their darling in a bar. God forbid admit she's an ex hooker. Suggest her family are nothing but a bunch of lazy leaches who only see you as something akin to a lottery jackpot brings more outcry with posts of denial. Of course i'm always accused of being bitter which is simply not true. It's your life , i don't care what you do but i find the lack of genuine honesty amazing. Why should i be bitter. I wouldn't live there for a gold pig. If i wanted to live the countryside i'd live in Derbyshire where i originate from and not somewhere so far removed from my normal life. Living with a sexy much younger darling treating me like a Roman Prince wouldn't happen and I'd probably have to boom boom some fat lard arse or become a master at the art of masterbation. I'd benefit by having people i could talk too and i'd certainly have countryside with beauty far beyond anything in Issan. So why do you live there ?

I think you already have; although I would have used different terminology.

lol , i guess you're here for the temples and buddism as well. Not to mention the ever so beautiful countryside ...cheesy.gif

lol , i guess you're here for the temples and buddism as well. Not to mention the ever so beautiful countryside ...cheesy.gif

Nanapong - I have to ask . . . why are you such an @ssh0le? And why do you have such a downer on (it seems) everything?

Is it possible that you yourself got burnt (in the same scenarios you keep on spouting on about) and therefore now think everyone is the same as you? Or are you simply just a dick?

• Like 2

Nanapong - I have to ask . . . why are you such an @ssh0le? And why do you have such a downer on (it seems) everything?

Is it possible that you yourself got burnt (in the same scenarios you keep on spouting on about) and therefore now think everyone is the same as you? Or are you simply just a dick?

I think he traded his rosy-coloured glasses for an untinted pair.

There are ways to protect your "investment" in Thailand - but many people come with money but leave their brain and IQ on the plane at BKK.

Can't own the land in their name but you can do a company "ownership" or lease/use contract for 30+30 years which enough for most people. As for the car, house, etc nothing stopping you owning that at all.

No, he's just bitter and twisted about something and got burnt somehow. He's way past the point of taking off any rose-tinted spectacles.

No, he's just bitter and twisted about something and got burnt somehow. He's way past the point of taking off any rose-tinted spectacles.

There you all go again and one poster calling me a dick is frightfully childish. I'm just giving my opinion based on what i've seen with many farangs in Issan. It appears if it doesn't conform to your own opinion it has to be bitter and twisted. I would suggest in reality it's you who's bitter. Oddly enough nobody's answered the question. If you love the countyside so much why don't you move back home. Most definately it's far more beautiful than anything Issan has to offer. Maybe you're there cos you followed your little darling or are you all single guys. Oh yes , i've never been burned by any woman anywhere , least alone a Thai woman. I reckon the rose colored specs are being worn by you pussy whipped lot up there. Now jog on fellas , you know my thoughts and no matter what you say it won't change.

LMAO

Yes me too LMAO. It does at least create a stir for you guys in the sleepy villages with nothing to do. Ganging up on the bitter twisted guy must be the most exciting thing you've done for weeks. I've just baked some chocolate cake. Only the ready mix Betty Crocker but i'm quiet impressed with the end result. It'll go down a treat with some custard. Who's next , isn't it exciting. More popcorn anyone.

• Like 2

LMAO

Yes me too LMAO. It does at least create a stir for you guys in the sleepy villages with nothing to do. Ganging up on the bitter twisted guy must be the most exciting thing you've done for weeks. I've just baked some chocolate cake. Only the ready mix Betty Crocker but i'm quiet impressed with the end result. It'll go down a treat with some custard. Who's next , isn't it exciting. More popcorn anyone.

You seem to have a high opinion of yourself and a low opinion of everybody else.

Today is the first time in a few days I have had to read TV and whien I look at your posts I feel sorry for you especially if you think ganging up on you is exciting.

Rice paddies and "barren" land? I am the baron on my (wife's) land.

Obviously you have seen very little of Issan and have never been in Loei province. Loei province happens to be very scenic in many or maybe most areas. I'll be happy to keep the waterfalls and mountains. You can keep the city traffic.

LMAO

Interesting that (yet again) you assume everyone lives in the sticks. But then everything you write is based on an assumption, usually an incorrect one.

Just to put you right, I live and work in Bangkok and have done for the last 7 years. There's no shortage of excitement here, but not of the type you'll invariably assume I partake in.

LMAO

You seem to have a high opinion of yourself and a low opinion of everybody else.

Today is the first time in a few days I have had to read TV and whien I look at your posts I feel sorry for you especially if you think ganging up on you is exciting.

I have an opinion that's all my friend , but like i said if it doesn't fit or differs from the country guys it appears i'm twisted and bitter. Also everybody reckons i've been ripped off and just stating things which have happened to me personally. Nothing could be further from the truth but i have noticed whenever anybody has a dig at why farangs live in Issan the same insinuations always appear. It's nothing to do with a high or low opinion. I certainly don't think i'm any better than anyone else. I just wonder why anybody would want to live there except for the reason of following the pussy. I don't see many single guys up there. I do see lots of old guys with much younger women. The ganging up comment was a bit of a tongue in cheek giggle but if you can't see that i'll feel a bit sorry for you really. My original statement to all this was a reply regarding a financial transaction between a farang and a Thai woman. Apparantly nobody who lives in Issan has an ex brass for a girlfriend or wife. That's amazing. All those i met while there were living with an ex brass. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's just the denial that makes me laugh.

LMAO

Interesting that (yet again) you assume everyone lives in the sticks. But then everything you write is based on an assumption, usually an incorrect one.

Just to put you right, I live and work in Bangkok and have done for the last 7 years. There's no shortage of excitement here, but not of the type you'll invariably assume I partake in.

But my conversation is about those who live full time in the sticks so what are you on about. It doesn't concern you if you live in BKK. My opinion's not an incorrect assumption but based on what i've seen for myself. I too like BKK for a few days and sure there's loads to do apart from mongering. A bit of both is good though eh ....

Rice paddies and "barren" land? I am the baron on my (wife's) land.

Obviously you have seen very little of Issan and have never been in Loei province. Loei province happens to be very scenic in many or maybe most areas. I'll be happy to keep the waterfalls and mountains. You can keep the city traffic.

The areas i've been too are around Surin and Buriram. Rice fields and barren land for sure. Also quiet a few pussy whipped farangs. I don't live in the city Mr Baron of wifes land.

Edited by nanapong

If he hadn't been parted from his cash in that way, he would have been by somebody else another way.

I haven't heard of many pensioners starving to death recently 'cos they have been fleeced by their Thai "wives".

So this does not meet the definition of slavery, not by a long way.

I'm with B on this one. No body forces us to vist/live in Thailand and no body can make us buy the big house with out our consent.

Man up and just say no :)

To each his own and each man is entitled to live his own life as he chooses. I live mine as I choose and likely will live that way until the day that I cash in my chips.

+1 Gary. You are doing it right, living your life as you want to do :)