'hill Stations' In Myanmar, Any Info?

jaideeguy

Pyin U Lwin and Kalaw are listed in Wikipedia as old colonial high elevation hill stations set up by the Brittish during their rule and I am planning a trip with family in the summer months next year. Has anyone been there/done that and care to share any info on how to get there, what's there, accommodation/food/infrastructure, and if there are other high elevation cool getaways in the mountains??

Thanks in advance

I checked and have been there. Last year March I went from Mandalay to Lashio in a couple of days.

I have travelled with share taxis from place to place. Prices are in order of 5US$ per seat (from i.e. Mandalay to Pyin Oo Lwin), whereas the front seat (next to the driver) is 2US$ more expensive. You can also rent the car for private use and then you have to pay for all the seats. You can easily book / order them at the reception of your hotel.

Road conditions are not very good, but there is not too much traffic and it’s all going very relaxed. Do not expect high standard cars. Just the basic parts are still there. During the trip you will see many very beautiful sceneries giving you options to make wonderful pictures.

Any more questions let me know (although I maybe cannot answer all).