Recommended Language Schools In Bkk

Omicha

So Im heading back to Bangkok in 2 weeks and Im thinking about hitting up a language school since I spend so much time there and dont want to be an annoying immigrant who dont care about the basic things like learning the language in the country that I stay.

I think I got my work permit hooked up, we are going trough the details on it later when i get there but it should be in order. My friend owns the company just making sure that all is in order, I got the sponsor letter and company registration letter.

I it falls trough for some reason so will I need to get a ED visa, and I dont mind since Im gonna study thai either way, one thing that worries me though is that there seems to be alot of shitty schools that supply language school just for the purpose of pushing ED Visas and dont have teacher with the right skills.

So my questions are:

1. Any good recommendations on schools in Bangkok except Chulalongkorn.
  2. Can Apply for a ED VISA in the country or do I have to leave Thailand?

-Micha

You sure don't sound like your friends job offer is too secure. Let me ask you this, How many Thai employees does he have? How much registered capital does he have.? How many foreigners has he hired before you? .

Yes yo have to leave Thailand to obtain any type of visa. Funny that your friend did not tell you that eh? On second thoughts maybe the school would not want any one "Hitting Up" on them.

Edited by sbk

Learn at Walen. My staff will take good care of you and you will not be disappointed.

Walen School

When are you going to open a branch in western Bangkok somewhere? Like maybe the Pinklao area since that's a highly populated area with a good amount of farangs. I live in the western Bangkok (Khet Talingchan) and would like to attend Walen, however, the daily round trip drive to your central Bangkok location (where most/all the language schools area in Bangkok seem to be) from western Bangkok could easily take 2-3 hours per day due to traffic...that makes it too much of a hazzle...using the BTS is not an option since currently that's mostly a central Bangkok transit system and don't reach my part of Bangkok. Yeap, maybe you should consider a branch somewhere on the western side of the Chao Phraya River that people could easily drive to or get to fairy quick by bus/taxi. Cheers.

It is best to take a free lesson at several schools that offer and ED visa. Thai language schools in Bangkok have different teaching methods and it is best to investigate each method to determine which one is best for you. There are many good schools to choose from and they vary in cost greatly. Google "WomenlearnThai" for some good suggestions.

I can recommend a School that I have been attending for nearly 3 years now. I have an ED visa with them, and have had no problems with the Visa applications at all. Also they have really good teachers and great teaching materials, courses, etc. Their prices are also 'normal' and not crazy expensive.

Do you know any Thai at the moment? The school is called Pro Language. You can check out their website. Its a good school, and is well established, professional and has a good reputation with students and the Thai Immigration Office.

They do a free trial lesson, so you can go in and see if you like it first. Whatever you decide I would advise you try a few of the larger schools out as well as the one I mentioned so you can see which one suits you better.

• Like 1

I highly recommend the AAA Language school in the Vanessa building behind the Central Chitlom. A friend of mine spent three months there and had a better command of Thai tones than I did after months at another popular school.

p.s. I read, write, and speak survival Thai ... after years in the Kingdom.

I can recommend a School that I have been attending for nearly 3 years now. I have an ED visa with them, and have had no problems with the Visa applications at all. Also they have really good teachers and great teaching materials, courses, etc. Their prices are also 'normal' and not crazy expensive.

Do you know any Thai at the moment? The school is called Pro Language. You can check out their website. Its a good school, and is well established, professional and has a good reputation with students and the Thai Immigration Office.

They do a free trial lesson, so you can go in and see if you like it first. Whatever you decide I would advise you try a few of the larger schools out as well as the one I mentioned so you can see which one suits you better.

Thanks. Yes, I know a good amount of Thai...just want to learn some more which will probably require a more structured learning environment. Unfortunately for me, Pro Language is located in central Bangkok like Walen which would end up being a 2-3 hour trip drive...2 hours on a normal traffic day...probably 3 hours on a bad traffic day. Thanks again.

Edited by Pib

Great answers thanks.

@Columbai, I dont need to stress if I get it or not, I have other options as well. I have my company that I operate online and I just asked my friend and told him I would look into the details when i get down there. I will also be studying thai either way when Im there so I will just fly out and take care of the visa either way..

-M

• Like 2

Great answers thanks.

@Columbai, I dont need to stress if I get it or not, I have other options as well. I have my company that I operate online and I just asked my friend and told him I would look into the details when i get down there. I will also be studying thai either way when Im there so I will just fly out and take care of the visa either way..

-M

Im sure McWalen is good...my only experience with the one I mentioned. Sukumvit and Asoke also have other branch forget where. There was a fire in one of the buildings they were in last year, ASoke Sukumvit it is beside a hotel. They had a location down the street from there. Don't know it the building/offices are operational or maybe they have opened another location somewhere else.

Edited by Colabamumbai

• 1 year later...

I agree with Jack. The Prolanguage is really very good school. I have been learning English by myself for about 3 years. And only after I started to learn English in Pro Language Pattaya branch I made a good progress. They have a new and very effective method of teaching english, something like Rainbow English. We use colour schemes to learn the sentence structure and colour matrixes that help a lot to learn English grammar and especially Tenses. As far as I know they have very good Thai teachers, so I think next year I will go to learn Thai. It is also very fast and very easy to get ED visa with Pro Language school. The school is very conviniently situated in the center of Pattaya with many shops and chiep accomodation around. I recomend Pro Language for everybody who want to have happy life in Thailand and learn foreign languages.

Union Language School has been called the "mother of all Thai language schools" in BKK - they have been around for about 20-30 yrs+ and have an excellent reputation. I understand that a few schools have "adopted" teaching materials first developed by them. (Some of their former teaching staff now run their own schools in the Sukh/Asok area). It is NOT an easy school - you need to pass tests to be admitted to the next level. Tuition is quite reasonable. They are located about 3-4 minutes walking distance from the Ratchadevi BTS station.

http://www.unionlanguageschool.com/

• 1 month later...

It is best to take a free lesson at several schools that offer and ED visa. Thai language schools in Bangkok have different teaching methods and it is best to investigate each method to determine which one is best for you. There are many good schools to choose from and they vary in cost greatly. Google "WomenlearnThai" for some good suggestions.

This website covers many schools by an infamous past poster here. The reviews are very non committal. None state - go here. I think the best I found was, you could do worse. Too bad because TD is perhaps the only person in bkk who has been to the bulk of these schools.