Foreigner Shot Dead In Saraburi

coma

Thai News is reporting a Foreigners body has been found in dense bushland close to a road in Saraburi province, Thailand today. It appears the victim was shot in the head and then dumped by a shallow ' grave'. The victim is discribed as a white male, 40-50 years old and approximatley 170 cm. Found wearing only a pair of blue underwear and a watch. No ID documents or other personal items were discovered therefore authorities are trying to determine who the deceased is.

Just thought I would get this info out to all members. Does anybody else have any news or info on the above incident that is going to air now ?

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this stage we only have Thai language news coming out. From said sources : The deceased was found around 11 am today. Police believe he was shot elsewhere and then moved to and dumped next to a pre-dug shallow grave by 2 or 3 assailants [ maybe they were disturbed as they didn't use said grave]. They [police ] determined this because the body was man carried a distance of 80 metres from where vehicle tracks of a suspect vehicle were found. They also found 1 shoe/ sandle near the body and have taken it as evidence. Other sources are reporting that a police officer stated that he is of the belief that the killer/s led the victim to the area in an attempt to clear a personal matter. When this failed he was shot, killed and then stripped of his belongings to slow down identification and hinder the police investigation.

Let's hope the BIB get to the bottom of this ASAP. I guess English media will be picking up the story when the BIB estabilsh the victims identity. wai.gif

Sad news. My feelings go to the family and friends of the deceased. Hope they find out who he is and who it did.

Not too many more smiles in the Land of Smiles these days. Even Thais don't understand the different meanings of their own smiles anymore.

An Army guy wanted to kill me a few years ago, he said I scared him. Didn't even look at him, my good luck was that I was there with my Thai friend who was also a soldier.

Without him would have been a different story. Would any of the Karaoke girls have seen the guy who shot me dead? I doubt it.

I'm trying to avoid to drive around in town at night, it's a fact that life became more dangerous all over this country.

It's sometimes pretty bad to be at the wrong time at the wrong place.-------wai.gif

• Like 1

It could have been ME. I look like white male 40-50 yo and 170 cm tall. I'm very sorry for the victim and I hope the murderer is found and punished. I guess the suicide excuse will not work in this case. RIP

Yes, it could have been YOU. If the murderer(s) wanted to kill someone for being a white male 40-50 yo and 170 cm tall, that is.

• Like 2

Farang who got in the way of a Thai.

When did foreigner mean "falang"

In Thailand, most times, farang is interpreted as, white caucasian. Not always, but most of the time. Sometimes it is interpreted as foreigner, usually a white foreigner.

At this stage we only have Thai language news coming out. From said sources : The deceased was found around 11 am today. Police believe he was shot elsewhere and then moved to and dumped next to a pre-dug shallow grave by 2 or 3 assailants [ maybe they were disturbed as they didn't use said grave]. They [police ] determined this because the body was man carried a distance of 80 metres from where vehicle tracks of a suspect vehicle were found. They also found 1 shoe/ sandle near the body and have taken it as evidence. Other sources are reporting that a police officer stated that he is of the belief that the killer/s led the victim to the area in an attempt to clear a personal matter. When this failed he was shot, killed and then stripped of his belongings to slow down identification and hinder the police investigation.

Let's hope the BIB get to the bottom of this ASAP. I guess English media will be picking up the story when the BIB estabilsh the victims identity. wai.gif

Uhh , Where does it say the Guy is / was English speaking or from an English speaking country??? There are plenty of white farang doing dodgy deals here as well, just look towards Pattaya for one such place.