Don Mueang Airport To Pattaya - Not By Taxi !

davoz

Airasia are now flying into Don Mueang,

so surely some of u guys r making ur way to Pattaya,

l'm soon to land into DM of an evening & want to make my way to Pattaya WITHOUT using a taxi,

so PLEASE post here your trip report of how u got to Pattaya from DM without using a taxi,

as l will be when l soon do it,

come on guys, surely someone has done it,

please let us know how ????

I guess the first question is why you want to avoid taking a taxi? Is it because of cost? Taxi to Pattaya is normally a flat rate of about 1500 baht which is about $50. I have never gone from DM to Pattaya directly, normally I go from Bangkok to Pattaya (not often) - and when I do I usually just go by Minibus from Victory Monument station (BTS) area for around 110 baht (10 baht cheaper than bus :o) -- and direct them to go to Pattaya Pier area. Of course to get from the airport to Victory Monument it would cost around 200 baht (50 AOT fee + meter).

ok so the last Bell bus to Pattaya departs DM 6.30pm,

but l land DM after then,

so how can l get to Pattaya without taxi ?

I guess you will have to wait until the next day and take the bus. How would you go from the new airport to Pattaya after hours? I live in Pattaya and I haven't found another way yet (apart from friends picking me up). I take Bell whenever I arrive or depart during the day and go upstairs and get a taxi for 900 baht when I arrive at night. Edited by AdamRich

I once walked outside don muang and a friendly thai guy stopped and gave me a free ride to bkk

So you said "WITHOUT a taxi" and two people suggested limo services! I do like the heli suggestion though.

Aside from the easy mini van from Victory which was suggested (last one probably leaves at 9pm) the most obvious thing for you to do is get yourself to Mo Chit before 10pm and catch the last bus to Cesspool city. (I can't confirm that the last bus departs at 10pm but it was that way a few years ago when I had to drop someone heading to Patt. from Mo Chit. You can confirm this yourself with a little online searching)

Now a taxi would be the easiest from DMK to Mo Chit but you could also take one of a couple of BMTA buses which run directly there down Vihavadi rd outside the airport should you wish a challenge and to confuse yourself.

Take a Cab, I usually just ask around if anyone else is going to Pattaya and want to share - around 6-700 baht each not bad, always offer the stranger the front seat though. Wonder what the poster has against Taxi's?? The travel method of choice in Thailand................you can always fly to Pattaya, thenhow will you get to the city from the airport??? Have to be a baht bus or a Taxi.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Buses to Pattaya used to leave from the Ekkamai terminal until late at night. I used to flag them down on Bangna Trad road around 11pm-midnight. They still do as far as I know. Can be a hairy ride, though. They're not farang tourist buses. Often no toilet either. If it's crowded, you stand up and wait for someone to get off and then jump for the seat

Edited by writeshack

davoz I can't tell if you are proposing a challenge or asking because you do not know the answer.

You're very very likely to end up in a car at some point of the journey. I think the train might be an option, but you'll have to walk to the station with your luggage. Then you'll have to figure out how to get from the Chonburi train station into Pattaya without using a taxi.

hey guys we ain't all fully loaded $$$$$ to splash out on a taxi like some of u guys!

ok so what number buses go from DM airport down Vihavadi rd to MoChit bus terminal ?

l searched trying to find the last departing bus from MoChit bus terminal to Pattaya without success,

anyone know or give me a link ?

does anyone know what number buses go down Vihavadi rd from DM airport to MoChit bus terminal?

pop into a 7/11 on the main road outside the airport and the staff will be able to tell you which bus to take, it's the only good way I have found in Bangkok to find out bus numbers to go somewhere

hey guys we ain't all fully loaded $$$$$ to splash out on a taxi like some of u guys!

ok so what number buses go from DM airport down Vihavadi rd to MoChit bus terminal ?

l searched trying to find the last departing bus from MoChit bus terminal to Pattaya without success,

anyone know or give me a link ?

So your just off a long flight, and hope to catch a bus, and hope to transfer to another, and if the buses are full I'd guess sleep on a bench ? Then get to Pattaya and walk maybe to your room ?

My time as well as piece of mind is worth something. And if you don't have the 1000 Baht for transportation, Do you have enough for your room ? beer ? food ? And maybe the girls ?

Or are you just going to an educational seminar there in Pattaya ?

• Like 1

You appear to be fully loaded $$$$$$ to fly to Thailand in the first place. How much did your air ticket cost?

Thank God someone said this. Why would anyone go on a vacation and not plan/save enough ahead?

Aside from that -

You seem to be wanting to save a couple bucks. A suggestion for you then: TRY WALKING.

It's free, it's healthy, and you will have $50 extra in your pocket when you arrive.

(Although I will never say its a good suggestion.)

• Like 1

FYI,

Bell Travel Service: www.belltravelservice.com

Fare: THB 350/person

Depart Don Muang Airport at: 10:30/14:30/18:30. Travel by van to Suvarnabhumi, then by coach to Pattaya.

From Pattaya depart Bell Office at: 06:00/11:00/15:00. Travel by coach to Suvarnabhumi then to DM by van.

Must be loaded with time then. Because by the time you get to Mo Chit in a bus from DM you could have been in Pattaya by taxi. Spending an extra how many hours to save 600 baht/ Going from Australia to Israel in order to get to Bali; is it really worth it.

does anyone know what number buses go down Vihavadi rd from DM airport to MoChit bus terminal?

Here is a website that seems to give some good info on transportation routes in Bangkok, from DM to MoChit included, although I haven't tried it myself yet for accuracy.

http://www.transitbangkok.com/

The AOT website for Don Mueang gives some info as well

http://www.airportth...me=sitemap___EN

I seldom go to to Pattaya myself, but don't most of the buses for Pattaya leave from the Ekkamai or Eastern Bus Terminal? This website says to use bus 13 to get to Ekkamai.

Edited by crawforb

Unfortunately Chatuchak/Mo Chit MRT is not Mo Chit 2 bus station.

That is located on Kampeang Phet 2, other side of Chatuchak Park.

I suggest you walk from MRT Pahon Yotin to Mo Chit Bus Station thumbsup.gif

But there is a bus route from MRT Kampeang Phet riding Kampeang Phet 2 road, you might get there without walking too much in the fresh evening hours.

Edited by tartempion