Don Mueang Airport To Pattaya - Not By Taxi !

davoz

pattaya-bus-2.jpg

Check out the PattayaBus website http://www.pattayabu...id=1559〈=en

It lists the bus times and costs from Ekamii and Morchit 2 plus the new Southern terminal.

The links also show the Victory Monument to Pattaya Bali Hai Pier.

Where are you staying in Pattaya? (there is a Minibus Shuttle DMK to Survarnabhumi and them a service bus to Jomtien)

• Like 2

last night landed DM 7.50pm,

after thru immigration asked security guard standing outside airport entry/exit doors how to get to Suvarnabhumi airport ?

he immediatly pionted out left to a Suvarnabhumi SHUTTLE bus sign about 100 metres away,

asked an old guy sitting nearby having a fag what time bus is going & how long to get there?

sure enough soon found out he was the bus driver !

in broken english he answered it departs 8.20pm, takes about an hour to get there & is totally FREE of charge !

so as it was my first time @ DM & totally unfimiliar of how to get to MoChit2/Ekkamai bus terminals l opted to try my luck getting a Roong Reuang late night Suvarnabhumi->Pattaya bus - www.airportpattayabus.com

taking elevated expressway & only stopping 3 times to pay tolls the bus driver lead footed it passing many taxis, vans & buses 554 & 555 arriving outside level 4 Suvarnabhumi departures @ 9.05pm,

first off the bus l immediatly hopped in elevator down to level 1 & hot footed it to the Pattaya bus counter just outside elevator doors,

was told the 9pm bus just left (l muttered a few aussie expletives) & then purchased a ticket for the 10pm bus,

got to my Pattaya room4rent @ midnight costing just 134baht & taking twice as long if l had landed @ Suvarnabhumi instead of DM.

so there u go guys, maybe not as quick as a taxi but hugely cheaper !

• Like 1

last night landed DM 7.50pm,

after thru immigration asked security guard standing outside airport entry/exit doors how to get to Suvarnabhumi airport ?

he immediatly pionted out left to a Suvarnabhumi SHUTTLE bus sign about 100 metres away,

asked an old guy sitting nearby having a fag what time bus is going & how long to get there?

sure enough soon found out he was the bus driver !

in broken english he answered it departs 8.20pm, takes about an hour to get there & is totally FREE of charge !

so as it was my first time @ DM & totally unfimiliar of how to get to MoChit2/Ekkamai bus terminals l opted to try my luck getting a Roong Reuang late night Suvarnabhumi->Pattaya bus - www.airportpattayabus.com

taking elevated expressway & only stopping 3 times to pay tolls the bus driver lead footed it passing many taxis, vans & buses 554 & 555 arriving outside level 4 Suvarnabhumi departures @ 9.05pm,

first off the bus l immediatly hopped in elevator down to level 1 & hot footed it to the Pattaya bus counter just outside elevator doors,

was told the 9pm bus just left (l muttered a few aussie expletives) & then purchased a ticket for the 10pm bus,

got to my Pattaya room4rent @ midnight costing just 134baht & taking twice as long if l had landed @ Suvarnabhumi instead of DM.

so there u go guys, maybe not as quick as a taxi but hugely cheaper !

• Like 1

I travelled the oppisite way tues 9th, from pattaya- don muang left 1000hrs, arrive D.M. 1200hrs, I thought that was pretty good time wise, with toll charges, private car not taxi was 1700baht.

regards songhklasid.laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

so basically u saved 2 hours of ur time costing about 1550baht,

hmmmm, think l'd rather get up 2 hours earlier

• 3 weeks later...

DMK - BKK - Pattaya.

The plane landed, and opened the door at DMK 10:58.

Longest immigration lines for ASEAN passports. Foreigner and Thai about the same lines (all short), but Thai of course quicker.

No luggage, entered the bus (free airport shuttle) 11:13. 18 passengers, no ticket shown, bus left 11:22.

Arrived at BKK 12:08.

Extra Jomtien bus 12:30, 134 baht. Exit bus Pattaya Klang 13:58.

3 hours from exit plane plane to Pattaya with 2 buses, but I guess a taxi would have saved me almost an hour (but of course 1000 bath more)

J!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

DMK - BKK - Pattaya.

The plane landed, and opened the door at DMK 10:58.

Longest immigration lines for ASEAN passports. Foreigner and Thai about the same lines (all short), but Thai of course quicker.

No luggage, entered the bus (free airport shuttle) 11:13. 18 passengers, no ticket shown, bus left 11:22.

Arrived at BKK 12:08.

Extra Jomtien bus 12:30, 134 baht. Exit bus Pattaya Klang 13:58.

3 hours from exit plane plane to Pattaya with 2 buses, but I guess a taxi would have saved me almost an hour (but of course 1000 bath more)

J!!!

Lucky you or maybe not

What if the bus is not running or is full ? Spend the night at the airport ? That would be fun !

And now your on the side of a busy road, bags in hand and still need to get to your home, condo, apartment or room

Some of us do value convienance, safety, and our time

Others to save a few hundred baht will travel many busses and still not end up where we truly want to go

[

Here is a website that seems to give some good info on transportation routes in Bangkok, from DM to MoChit included, although I haven't tried it myself yet for accuracy.

http://www.transitbangkok.com/

WARNING-so you cannot whine you have not been told!

This website is seriously out of date in many points-based on data from around 2002-stolen from a Japanese, who has sold his research to a Thai-JPNese company which produces busbooklets wholly in JPnese-buy at Kinokunya.

The main faults are:

1.it lists routes that have been withdrawn since-and there are many

2.more important; it does not list routes that have been new since-about 20-25, that offer very useful links, also replacing routes withdrawn, this except for the airportbuses-but also not updated for them (f.e. 556 withdrawn and now runs makkasan-WatRaay Kingh)

Take that 13-likely it is meant the Prab Akhat=AC 13, renumbered as 513 around 2000/1, and withdrawn since around 2004/5. PLUS that most trips were taang duan=expressway-bypassing Sukhumvit. But yes, a big lot of old established busroutes are still as when the BMTA started-now some 40 years ago.

But then Pattaya GF runners have the money too muth anyway-take the taxi

A fairly well updated and now in conventional western busmap style-foldable, is currently for sale at most Thai mag-shops, from ThinkNEt-cost is 99 Bt. But it only covers central BKK.

Check: to see if a map/book is actual, check the latest BTS-extensions: to Baring, since 2011, and new to open to Bang Khae/Phetkasem rd-from dec.12 coming. Newest busroute is196-but none of you will ever use it. Bang Khen-new Paolo Hospital-Central lard prao.

BTW-the 500 routes were formerly the AC routes-also numbered from 1 up-since many more buses went AC, this was confusing and they renumbered around 2000/1. Latest new to this are the airportbuses 549-559 (560 only short time and withdrawn)

Even more better: ask the people at busstop or learn finally to read Thai-just drink a little less.

• 6 months later...

I guess the first question is why you want to avoid taking a taxi? Is it because of cost? Taxi to Pattaya is normally a flat rate of about 1500 baht which is about $50. I have never gone from DM to Pattaya directly, normally I go from Bangkok to Pattaya (not often) - and when I do I usually just go by Minibus from Victory Monument station (BTS) area for around 110 baht (10 baht cheaper than bus ohmy.png) -- and direct them to go to Pattaya Pier area. Of course to get from the airport to Victory Monument it would cost around 200 baht (50 AOT fee + meter).

Good information for the OP>

I guess the first question is why you want to avoid taking a taxi? Is it because of cost? Taxi to Pattaya is normally a flat rate of about 1500 baht which is about $50. I have never gone from DM to Pattaya directly, normally I go from Bangkok to Pattaya (not often) - and when I do I usually just go by Minibus from Victory Monument station (BTS) area for around 110 baht (10 baht cheaper than bus ohmy.png) -- and direct them to go to Pattaya Pier area. Of course to get from the airport to Victory Monument it would cost around 200 baht (50 AOT fee + meter).

This is an old thread that was bumped with some relevant information. The OP landed at Don Mueang and continued to Pattaya in October of 2012.

This is an old thread that was bumped with some relevant information. The OP landed at Don Mueang and continued to Pattaya in October of 2012.

Let's hope he got there !

• Like 1

FYI,

Bell Travel Service: www.belltravelservice.com

Fare: THB 350/person

Depart Don Muang Airport at: 10:30/14:30/18:30. Travel by van to Suvarnabhumi, then by coach to Pattaya.

From Pattaya depart Bell Office at: 06:00/11:00/15:00. Travel by coach to Suvarnabhumi then to DM by van.

Just looked Don Meuang portion has been temporarily suspended, you'd need a taxi to

Suvanbaruamui. lol you know what I mean.

I'm coming in from Phuket , the train to Pattaya is like slower then Petticoat Junction on good day!

Best shot is ask if anyone wants to share a cab, I always speak up on plane but I'm in-country, harder if International flight.

I did this trip last friday (21st) from Don Mueang walk to the bus stop- as you exit arrivals its 70 metres behind up the road and catch the 29 bus (approx every 20 minutes) to Victory Monument 18 baht/35 minutes time,from VM take a van down to Pattaya 100 baht-2hrs and 15 minutes. thumbsup.gif

• 2 months later...

I want to get from Donn Mueang to Pattaya, ultimate destination 3rd Road and Pattaya Tai and don't want to spend approx 1500 baht for a taxi and don't want to ride in a minivan.

My first choice is the free bus to Suvanaphumi and then connecting to the Bell Bus or "Jomtien Bus". But there's a chance I won't be permitted on the free shuttle.

I'll probably take the bus to Mo Chit followed by the bus to the Pattaya Bus Station. Once there if memory serves me correctly a baht bus to Beach Raod and Pattaya Tai is 20 baht and a baht bus to Jomtien is 30 baht. Does the Jomtien baht bus travel along Sukhumvit so I can get out on Pattaya Tai?

I guess I could also take a taxi to Suvanaphumi but would prefer to avoid this.

Anyone know how would I go about taking the BTS to Suvanaphumi from Don Mueang?

Edited by Bababooey

I want to get from Donn Mueang to Pattaya, ultimate destination 3rd Road and Pattaya Tai and don't want to spend approx 1500 baht for a taxi and don't want to ride in a minivan.

My first choice is the free bus to Suvanaphumi and then connecting to the Bell Bus or "Jomtien Bus". But there's a chance I won't be permitted on the free shuttle.

I'll probably take the bus to Mo Chit followed by the bus to the Pattaya Bus Station. Once there if memory serves me correctly a baht bus to Beach Raod and Pattaya Tai is 20 baht and a baht bus to Jomtien is 30 baht. Does the Jomtien baht bus travel along Sukhumvit so I can get out on Pattaya Tai?

I guess I could also take a taxi to Suvanaphumi but would prefer to avoid this.

Anyone know how would I go about taking the BTS to Suvanaphumi from Don Mueang?

Just take the A1 to Mo Chit 2 bus terminal to take your bus to Cesspool city, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583608-shuttle-service-don-mueang-suvarnabhumi-airports-starts-oct-1/page-3#entry6308707. Very easy, I would have thought.

Regarding your last sentence. There is no BTS to Swampy. It is the SRT ARL, http://srtet.co.th/en/index.html

This map of all the metro lines should clarify, http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/02-route-current.aspx

For this journey - if you can't get on the free shuttle - then take the A1 or A1 to Mo Chit BTS, travel to Phaya Thai where you can then take the ARL Cityline to Swampy. But if you want to then take the Pattaya bus you need ot take the free Airport Shuttle bus to the Transport Terminal which is 2kms away.

Seems all a waste of money and time when you could travel direct to Mo Chit 2.

• 1 month later...