Don Mueang Airport To Pattaya - Not By Taxi !

davoz

• 3 months later...

Am I the only one who finds the posts about how to save a few baht funny? After spending a good sum on plane fare you're going to get so cheap that you would rather take multiple buses, ride elephants or what not instead of jumping in a cab and be on you way. To each their own........

• Like 1

Penny pinching can be a real fetish for some people. I know a few whose greatest love for Thailand is "There's NO TIPPING in Thailand!"

I personally witnessed a guy who is generally a very kind and courtious individual, ask for 7 baht back from a taxi driver.

'nuff said

~

Am I the only one who finds the posts about how to save a few baht funny? After spending a good sum on plane fare you're going to get so cheap that you would rather take multiple buses, ride elephants or what not instead of jumping in a cab and be on you way. To each their own........

The original poster, davoz posted this question in Oct 2012, and I also had to travel from Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya in Oct 2012. I found several posts on other websites indicating that some people waited up to an hour in the Don Mueang taxi queue line before they could jump into a taxi. Back in Oct 2012, Bell was running a free shuttle from Don Mueang so I sign up for the Bell bus. I arrived at Don Mueang at about 1pm and met the Bell rep, but she had to wait for two other passengers. We waited about 90 minutes, and the two other passengers were no-shows. Back in 2012, Bell did not require prepayment, but now it does, and also stopped service from Don Mueang.

Since 2009, I always take the bus after my taxi from Pattaya rear ended the car in front, and then got rear ended from behind. We were still exiting Pattaya so we were not going fast, but I was jostled quite a bit in the small taxi. I think the taxi driver might have dozed off, and if we were at toll way speeds, I would not be writing this. Since then, I always take the big bus since I feel safer on the bus than in a taxi.

I used the A1-bus between Don Muang & Morchit both ways in March, the fare was 30B as previously posted, FWIW the drop-off & pick-up in Morchit is on the main-road outside the bus-terminal (where the taxi-drivers cluster) rather than anywhere within the bus-terminal itself. Odd !

The bus from Morchit to Pattaya was fairly-slow, about two-and-a-half hours each way, and came off the motorway to stop in Laem Chabang. Also I arrived at Morchit (from D.M.) at 15.25, and had to wait until 17.00 for the next service to Pattaya, which pulled out 10 minutes late. Perhaps the service is less-frequent in low-season or due to reduced tourist-arrivals ?

• 2 months later...

hey guys we ain't all fully loaded $$$$$ to splash out on a taxi like some of u guys!

You appear to be fully loaded $$$$$$ to fly to Thailand in the first place. How much did your air ticket cost?

Thank God someone said this. Why would anyone go on a vacation and not plan/save enough ahead?

Aside from that -

You seem to be wanting to save a couple bucks. A suggestion for you then: TRY WALKING.

It's free, it's healthy, and you will have $50 extra in your pocket when you arrive.

(Although I will never say its a good suggestion.)

why must people judge the intent of the thread? If the op is asking for suggestions to get from DMK to Pattaya besides a taxi, either offer sugestions or don't comment at all.

• 1 month later...

hey guys we ain't all fully loaded $$$$$ to splash out on a taxi like some of u guys!

You appear to be fully loaded $$$$$$ to fly to Thailand in the first place. How much did your air ticket cost?

Thank God someone said this. Why would anyone go on a vacation and not plan/save enough ahead?

Aside from that -

You seem to be wanting to save a couple bucks. A suggestion for you then: TRY WALKING.

It's free, it's healthy, and you will have $50 extra in your pocket when you arrive.

(Although I will never say its a good suggestion.)

why must people judge the intent of the thread? If the op is asking for suggestions to get from DMK to Pattaya besides a taxi, either offer sugestions or don't comment at all.

Exactly! Just as an update, I flew into DMK about 3 weeks ago. As soon as I walked out the doors there was an A1 Air con bus waiting so I boarded it and headed to Morchit. It took about 25 minutes. Then I got the bus to Pattaya for 133 baht, I only had to wait 10 minutes for the bus. It was an express, no Laem Chabang detours. I was in Pattaya 3 hours after I walked out the doors at DMK. So I saved 1300 baht and as far as I'm concerned I'd rather that 1300 in my pocket than someone elses. 1300 baht saved for only an hour extra, the bus was great too, aircon and plenty of leg room. I would definitely do it again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly! Just as an update, I flew into DMK about 3 weeks ago. As soon as I walked out the doors there was an A1 Air con bus waiting so I boarded it and headed to Morchit. It took about 25 minutes. Then I got the bus to Pattaya for 133 baht, I only had to wait 10 minutes for the bus. It was an express, no Laem Chabang detours. I was in Pattaya 3 hours after I walked out the doors at DMK. So I saved 1300 baht and as far as I'm concerned I'd rather that 1300 in my pocket than someone elses. 1300 baht saved for only an hour extra, the bus was great too, aircon and plenty of leg room. I would definitely do it again.

But how did you get to your hotel/condo/apartment/house?

On this occassion I paid 80 baht for a motorbike taxi but usually I pay for the baht bus inside (use to be 40 but I think now it's 50).

Viewers!

One of the simplest and cheapest way to get from Don Mueang to Pattaya is by Train.Hop on the Train that stops at the Airport and it will take you to Hua Lampong Railway Station ( less than 10 baht ) then catch the 06.55 Train to Pattaya ( 31 baht ) This service is available Monday to Friday ( No buses,no hideously dangerous roads,No taxi drivers driving like The Sweeney just pure and simple and " an adventure with the wind in your hair " .............

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif

You get the free shuttle bus from DM to swampy (maybe 40min). At swampy, go to level 1and get the bell airport bus to Pattaya.

ok so the last Bell bus to Pattaya departs DM 6.30pm,

but l land DM after then,

so how can l get to Pattaya without taxi ?

On this occassion I paid 80 baht for a motorbike taxi but usually I pay for the baht bus inside (use to be 40 but I think now it's 50).

Mission failed. OP said no taxi

Mission failed. OP said no taxi

I like your sense of humour, ok mission failed.clap2.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will be coming back to Thailand in a month or so. Fly Scoot who now go into Don Moang which is a pain. I was going to ask the same question except the no taxi thing. Thanks for the heads up, taxi it is. Is 1500 bht the going rate? I want to go to

Jomtien, same price? All help greatly appreciated.

I will be coming back to Thailand in a month or so. Fly Scoot who now go into Don Moang which is a pain. I was going to ask the same question except the no taxi thing. Thanks for the heads up, taxi it is. Is 1500 bht the going rate? I want to go to

Jomtien, same price? All help greatly appreciated.

Yes it is.

• 4 months later...

A couple of things.

On my first trip to Thailand back in Sep 2004, there was a minivan that was booked at the Thai airways counter, but you book it online. It went from DMK to Pattaya. I haven't been to DMK in 8 years so no idea if that is still there.

You can take a taxi or the shuttle from DMK to BKK. Then at BKK take either Bell Bus or the other Bus service to Pattaya. Bell provides minivan to your hotel.

I read that Bell Bus has a new DMK Pattaya route but not sure of the times so no first hand knowledge here.

See some other posts for bus from DMK to Mo Chit or Ekamie and then a bus to Pattaya. Once in Pattaya you will be in the northern bus terminal. Up to you how to get to your hotel . Not sure which bus is better. I have been on each route but only starting from the Pattaya end.

Edited by gk10002000