Unsafe / Safe Districts In Chiang Mai

2BWellTravelled

Is being with a lady of the night really that unsafe?

one could get robbed or end up with everything from head lice to Herpes or HIV. your call.

Isn't that the same as spending time with a backpacker low on funds?

Yes, one for the I remember when post.

Sorry was not here when they had the great hooker head lice pandemic of 97.

I wondered why so many Loi Khor girls stood around scratching their heads. I thought it was code for "there's another idiot post on the unsafe/safe districts in chiang mai" post on Thaivisa". Your post certainly made me scratch my head.

Now I recall (in CM) many more bar girls being assaulted and robbed ( and recently murdered and robbed) by punters than other way around. I appreciate that safe sex and education is not universal but the old hands to tend to school the new starters, the same health awareness cannot be said for some back packers after they have had a few drinks.

While HIV awareness campaigns have diminished in Thailand they are still there and the risks reiterated by word of mouth and knowledge of loved ones who have passed on. In the west HIV awareness campaigns are nowhere near the same scale as they once were especially as the cocktail of drugs now available dramatically reduce the progression to AIDS.

I would have thought that most of the professionals on Loi Khor continue to have their wits (health and safety wise) about them (especially with recent attacks and punters being an unknown), the same could not be said for the gay abandon by backpackers I have observed and interacted in (purely as research for this post I assure you, and I had a good shower afterwards).

By no means are all the professionals at Loi Khor professional, but head lice? Really? Are you serious?

Will you be making it to the next Thaivisa soiree in Loi Khor (shaved head optional)?

Isn't it about time we put this thread to sleep, as mentioned op has come and gone, been answered, and unseen for two months.

If posters want to deviate then create a new topic, If you want to be moralistic join a missionary on their trip north (they always do good don't they), if you want to prevent health issues help fund education of those at risk.....anything but please lets wind this one up, you're scaring me.

clap2.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifsorry.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic