Israeli Tourist Injured And Raped On Koh Phangan

FULL MOON PARTY

Israeli tourist injured and raped in Thailand

KOH SAMUI: -- An Israeli woman visiting Thailand was beaten and raped, according to reports.

The Israeli tourist has been treated in a hospital after her attacker, a local man who allegedly raped her as she walked home from a full moon party in Koh Phangnan.

Police were alerted on Monday to Baan Don Inter Samui Hospital on Koh Samui for a woman who had been attacked and raped who had been sent to hospital for treatment.

Ms. Havory 23, an Israeli citizen, was found with bloody clothes and several facial injuries, police said.

She told police she attended a full moon party in Koh Phangnan with friends until 3:30 am, when they separated.

The woman said she was walking down the beach when a Thai man, age 30 to 35, attacked her and raped her.

She said she bit his lip when he tried to kiss her and punched him in the stomach, as she made her escape.

Tourists in the area found the woman and took her to a clinic on the island, after which she was put on a speedboat and taken to Koh Samui for treatment. Police said Koh Phangan has contacted police and have begun looking for the suspect. They said the victim was attacked near Tommy Resort Hotel.

Police said that they will review the hotel surveillance camera to see if they could identify the attacker.

-- YourJewishNews.com/Ryan Lee Hall 2012-10-02

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

Koh Phangan rape suspect arrested

KOH PHANGAN: -- Surat Thani police have arrested a Myanmar man in connection with an attempted rape on an Israeli woman on the tourist island of Koh Phangan on Monday.

The man was identified only as Bo, 25, a trash collector at Tommy Resort, which is located not far from where the rape took place, Pol Col Witthaya Wangsadarn, chief of the Koh Phangan police station, said on Tuesday.

The arrest came after a tip-off from the hotel’s owner, who suspected his employee of attacking Ms Havory (surname withheld), a 23-year-old Israeli tourist, he said.

Full story: http://www.bangkokpo...uspect-arrested

How many girls get raped at those full moon parties and nothing is ever done. They are very dangerous place for young women yet I rarely see a warning.

It is a horrible world we can live in at times,but why you now picking on full moon parties? Girls/Women i'm afraid get raped everywhere!. Not just at a Full moon party.

Horrible again to say but while i am writing this it has happened somewhere,and there is no party tonight,and i do not mean just Koh phangan.

How you going stop this happening? My opinion is when rape is proven in a court of law the penalty for this crime is chop it off. The system works quite well regarding hands for theft.

Makes we wonder what warnings you think they should put up. Do not dance? Do not drink? Do not talk to any men? Do you go to a party and not do any of these?

• Like 1

No words.....

3.30 AM, after FMP, walking down the beach alone.........

Tommy Resort is located on the very beach front of the party. At 3.30am there would be still thousands of people around.

You make it sound that she was being naive.... Where this happened people are still at it till sun rise and beyond.

...and none of these Thousands saw something or helped the woman?

Well obviously yes.... They have caught and named a man!...... So you think my volume is exaggerated? How many of those parties have you exactly been to? Believe me on this one ok... Thousands will have been in that area at that time. As to how many actually witnessed the event,or their actions i can not comment.

• Like 1

How many girls get raped at those full moon parties and nothing is ever done. They are very dangerous place for young women yet I rarely see a warning.

It is a horrible world we can live in at times,but why you now picking on full moon parties? Girls/Women i'm afraid get raped everywhere!. Not just at a Full moon party.

Horrible again to say but while i am writing this it has happened somewhere,and there is no party tonight,and i do not mean just Koh phangan.

How you going stop this happening? My opinion is when rape is proven in a court of law the penalty for this crime is chop it off. The system works quite well regarding hands for theft.

Makes we wonder what warnings you think they should put up. Do not dance? Do not drink? Do not talk to any men? Do you go to a party and not do any of these?

Aren't you confusing the law system in this country to some more Middle Eastern based countries?

You can defend the FMP for whatever you want, but during the party a lot of bad things happen and many kids can't deal with the amount of alcohol with a combination of drugs and end up in serious trouble or dead.

Do you remember the days when every FMP body bags were used? When did that come out in the press? Now, please start denying.

Edited by Rooo

Tommy Resort is located on the very beach front of the party. At 3.30am there would be still thousands of people around.

You make it sound that she was being naive.... Where this happened people are still at it till sun rise and beyond.

I feel very sorry for Ms Havory and hope she recovers quickly. Some people are very naive when these things happen,she was just at a party having some fun amongst the thick of it,not on some dark lonely beach or alley.

Thailand: Man suspected of assaulting Israeli arrested

Avi Dovev, of the "Israeli Home" hostel in Koh Phangan, said that the attack took place on a crowded beach.

"The Thais here usually don't hurt tourists," he said. "Generally they condemn this act and any type of violence or mistreatment of tourists."

"The Israelis here are in shock," he added. "We've received dozens of phone calls from worried parents."

Continued:

http://www.ynetnews....4287888,00.html

YNet News - ‎1 hour ago‎

Edited by Mario2008

Do you remember the days when every FMP body bags were used? When did that come out in the press? Now, please start denying.

Sorry LImbos, but after 12 years of KPG, of which 7 in Haad Rin, I just cannot remember about body bags....

blink.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

I thought she bit him on the lip? Why wasn't that injury mentioned and why isn't there a photo of the guy in the article? Usually they're very quick with that? Sounds a bit fishy to me. Also he's from Myanmar. Looks like a scapegoat to me. I could be wrong, though.

• Like 2

I feel very sorry for Ms Havory and hope she recovers quickly. Some people are very naive when these things happen,she was just at a party having some fun amongst the thick of it,not on some dark lonely beach or alley.

Thailand: Man suspected of assaulting Israeli arrested

Avi Dovev, of the "Israeli Home" hostel in Koh Phangan, said that the attack took place on a crowded beach.

"The Thais here usually don't hurt tourists," he said. "Generally they condemn this act and any type of violence or mistreatment of tourists."

"The Israelis here are in shock," he added. "We've received dozens of phone calls from worried parents."

Continued:

http://www.ynetnews....4287888,00.html

YNet News - ‎1 hour ago‎

At least we seem to be getting closer to the truth she wasn't raped, as the woman said he tried to kiss her she resisted and run away so wont that be just maybe assault.

Edited by Mario2008

All of you farang should realize that rape still makes national headlines here in Thailand. In your countries rape doesn't even make the local news because it is so common.

everyone comes on here showing their hatred of Thailand and demands that it starts emulating the oppressive regimes you lot come from.

Please get out of Thailand if you don't like it. Move back to the UK or USA where you can't even smoke a cigarette without being monitored by the police, and god help you if you step out of the smoking zone.

Rape is not a common crime in Thailand, nor is assault, it happens the same as everywhere in the world but Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world.

Interesting theory ANDY

...the hotels are happy to take the patron's money....but do the least possible to ensure their well-being ....

...they know the parties go on...regularly.....

.....they have staff ...on the payroll....

....anyone ever thought of sending people out....with flashlights & whistes....or 2-way radios....to patrol the beaches from midnight to dawn...