Israeli Tourist Injured And Raped On Koh Phangan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She said she bit his lip when he tried to kiss her and punched him in the stomach, as she made her escape.

So, may I assume the Myanmar suspect has some marks on his lip and maybe other scratches ?

Mark Tyson didn't do it better in biting a piece of the ear of Evander Holyfield in 1997. But this way she was not raped: escaped to a rape-attempt by biting his lip or tongue...

• Like 1

What is this blame the victim crap all about ? Call your Mother, Wife, Daughter, Aunt, Sister, Niece and tell them you blame the victim for dressing a certain way or was out at a certain hour or on the beach.......see the reaction.......and duck for cover.

This poor girl came to Thailand for a holiday and a horrible crime happened perhaps a deep breathe is appropriate that the country/tourism has a black eye today.

All of you farang should realize that rape still makes national headlines here in Thailand. In your countries rape doesn't even make the local news because it is so common.

everyone comes on here showing their hatred of Thailand and demands that it starts emulating the oppressive regimes you lot come from.

Please get out of Thailand if you don't like it. Move back to the UK or USA where you can't even smoke a cigarette without being monitored by the police, and god help you if you step out of the smoking zone.

Rape is not a common crime in Thailand, nor is assault, it happens the same as everywhere in the world but Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world.

Bullsh....t Rapes and Assaults on Foreigners by locals happen on almost every FMP but most of the time it does not make Headlines.

And for a women to walk alone on the Beach at 3.30 in the morning is extremly dangerous after or at a FMP coz all the weirdos are there too ....

• Like 2

All of you farang should realize that rape still makes national headlines here in Thailand. In your countries rape doesn't even make the local news because it is so common.

everyone comes on here showing their hatred of Thailand and demands that it starts emulating the oppressive regimes you lot come from.

Please get out of Thailand if you don't like it. Move back to the UK or USA where you can't even smoke a cigarette without being monitored by the police, and god help you if you step out of the smoking zone.

Rape is not a common crime in Thailand, nor is assault, it happens the same as everywhere in the world but Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world.

From where this sudden frustration? This forum only addresses the subjects, each in his own way according to the rules of THAIVISA. Who said rape is a common crime in Thailand? Who said that Thailand is not one of the safest countries in the world? But despite this all, it happens and in some places (Phangan) more frequently than in other... and it is not offending to mention this! Forum-members blaming this do not have to return to their country!

And by the way you're right that these crimes usually are never mentioned in the western newspapers or media for protecting the idea of "multi-culturalism", which is the only reason for the considerable increase in crimes, very often from people coming from Eastern Europe and the Mahreb countries...

• Like 1

...the hotels are happy to take the patron's money....but do the least possible to ensure their well-being ....

...they know the parties go on...regularly.....

.....they have staff ...on the payroll....

....anyone ever thought of sending people out....with flashlights & whistes....or 2-way radios....to patrol the beaches from midnight to dawn...

The beach is packed all night till after dawn...but assume Tommy's should have security in the grounds especially at full moon to keep the drunk backpackers out...

Well said Andy --- you have to remember however that most TV members are grumpy old besterds who would find something to moan about in Paradise - wait a minute; that's exactly what they are doing!

• Like 1

No words.....

3.30 AM, after FMP, walking down the beach alone.........

Tommy Resort is located on the very beach front of the party. At 3.30am there would be still thousands of people around.

You make it sound that she was being naive.... Where this happened people are still at it till sun rise and beyond.

...and none of these Thousands saw something or helped the woman?

Well obviously yes.... They have caught and named a man!...... So you think my volume is exaggerated? How many of those parties have you exactly been to? Believe me on this one ok... Thousands will have been in that area at that time. As to how many actually witnessed the event,or their actions i can not comment.

I have been to 13 full moon parties on Ko Phangan and I know the area where this crime took place and can say that hundreds is more accurate than thousands and the party is still raging at that time of the morning and a great chance no one would hear her screams or see the struggle. People are dancing, partying, and basically not out people watching as it were. Slightly exaggerated! They caught this dumb ass because of the hotel manager not people on the beach.

Bloody Hell!! the country really does appear to be becoming increasingly violent and unsafe despite my scepticism.

I am usually very suspicious of sweeping claims that things are worse now than before. Alleged deterioration can be due to a range of factors such as increased reporting, keeping stats, changed definitions of crime, not to mention politics and politicians. There are raves against the deteriorating morals of youth in the pyramids and throughout Roman literature - so not a new phenomenon. Not to mention that, in the West, there were more heroin addicts in the US in 1915 than today, and crime was reportedly higher during the gold rushes in US and Australia than at any other time in those countries.

However, either the Thailand is more dangerous now or .. if violence and crime have not increased in fact perhaps it has always been a violent and dangerous place.

• Like 2

How many girls get raped at those full moon parties and nothing is ever done. They are very dangerous place for young women yet I rarely see a warning.

It is a horrible world we can live in at times,but why you now picking on full moon parties? Girls/Women i'm afraid get raped everywhere!. Not just at a Full moon party.

Horrible again to say but while i am writing this it has happened somewhere,and there is no party tonight,and i do not mean just Koh phangan.

How you going stop this happening? My opinion is when rape is proven in a court of law the penalty for this crime is chop it off. The system works quite well regarding hands for theft.

Makes we wonder what warnings you think they should put up. Do not dance? Do not drink? Do not talk to any men? Do you go to a party and not do any of these?

What Warnings?

How about Women should not walk alone on the beach after hours? That sounds good to me.

• Like 1

andyl66

Posted Today, 09:24

Rape is not a common crime in Thailand, nor is assault, it happens the same as everywhere in the world but Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world

ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE NOT A THAI POLITICIAN YOU SURE SPEAK LIKE ONE / Oh you can check on the internet that Thailand is one of the unsafest countries in the world , its in the top ten

• Like 1

andyl66

Rape is not a common crime in Thailand, nor is assault, it happens the same as everywhere in the world but Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world

ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE NOT A THAI POLITICIAN YOU SURE SPEAK LIKE ONE / Oh you can check on the internet that Thailand is one of the unsafest countries in the world , its in the top ten

andyl66

kevvy, can you please provide a link to back up your statement, much appreciated.

The first post says she was raped, the second says attempted rape. Both are bad obviously, but I hope for her sake it was just attempted and she was able to fight him off.

Most reports seem to say he tried to kiss her and she bit him on the lip and punched him in the stomach before escaping. Guess he didn't realize most Israeli women serve 2 years in the army and can kick some ass.

Actually if any one bothered to read the whole report they would know that when he was caught he had scratch marks on his chest and a bloody T shirt.

• Like 2

andyl66

Are you still at the party?

The scene of the alleged attack behind water storage tanks:

fullmoon.jpg

Kapook (Thai)

http://hilight.kapook.com/view/76809

As far as I can understand this article it does change the original story a bit I think. I don't want to blame the victim, I just want to mention that there were probably no people around in this area if she chose it to urinate there. One can discuss if girls should be able to urinate in public during parties without being raped, in my opinion I think in any foreign country you should avoid dark and lonely places next to large public events, even when the available toilets might look more 'dangerous'.

The first post says she was raped, the second says attempted rape. Both are bad obviously, but I hope for her sake it was just attempted and she was able to fight him off.

Most reports seem to say he tried to kiss her and she bit him on the lip and punched him in the stomach before escaping. Guess he didn't realize most Israeli women serve 2 years in the army and can kick some ass.

I agree,

They teach all to take care of themselves....... Kerry

• Like 1

andyl66

I would be very suprised if that was written by a Thai person.

andyl66

I would be very suprised if that was written by a Thai person.

Maybe he works for the TAT ;-)

• Like 1

http://m.askmen.com/...acations.htlm#8

should have said top 10 unsafe for tourists.

http://m.askmen.com/...acations.htlm#8

should have said top 10 unsafe for tourists.

Sorry, that link doesn't work and having said that, that link or site doesn't look like they provide sound proof and well funded investigation. Is that maybe sponsored by the Daily Mail or such?

The only rapes that tend be reported in the news here are either farang victims or serial rapists. Most rapes don't even get reported to the police here (& in many other countries) due to the lack of interest or mishandling by the police. How many women here are extremely cautious about travelling home alone at night? even (especially) in taxis?

Edited by Mungo85
  • Like 2

I'm so glad I dropped by this thread to read the usual bunch of retarded comments by TV arm-chair experts. Everything from claims of no prosecution due to the victim having gone home to blaming the victim for attending the party in the first place, to walking along the beach alone.

Aw, c'mon! You are just intimidated by being in the company of these superior mentalities that know little fact but are adept at inane speculation and mischaracterizations.

How many girls get raped at those full moon parties and nothing is ever done. They are very dangerous place for young women yet I rarely see a warning.

Too true, these events are a free-for-all for imported scum and local scum to victimise young women. One of my staff went to the FMParty, young Irish guy very fit well able to take care of himself told me he was never without a bottle in his hand there for reason of wanting it to defend himself the whole time. He said the atmosphere was entirely menacing, and he hated it.

The only rapes that tend be reported in the news here are either farang victims or serial rapists. Most rapes don't even get reported to the police here (& in many other countries) due to the lack of interest or mishandling by the police. How many women here are extremely cautious about travelling home alone at night? even (especially) in taxis?

3 posts and you have most likely been here 5 minutes so you know everything.

Too true, these events are a free-for-all for imported scum and local scum to victimise young women. One of my staff went to the FMParty, young Irish guy very fit well able to take care of himself told me he was never without a bottle in his hand there for reason of wanting it to defend himself the whole time. He said the atmosphere was entirely menacing, and he hated it.

I love this the Irish guy hated being there but didn't have the will power to leave.

It is a horrible world we can live in at times,but why you now picking on full moon parties? Girls/Women i'm afraid get raped everywhere!. Not just at a Full moon party.

Horrible again to say but while i am writing this it has happened somewhere,and there is no party tonight,and i do not mean just Koh phangan.

How you going stop this happening? My opinion is when rape is proven in a court of law the penalty for this crime is chop it off. The system works quite well regarding hands for theft.

Makes we wonder what warnings you think they should put up. Do not dance? Do not drink? Do not talk to any men? Do you go to a party and not do any of these?

Aren't you confusing the law system in this country to some more Middle Eastern based countries?

You can defend the FMP for whatever you want, but during the party a lot of bad things happen and many kids can't deal with the amount of alcohol with a combination of drugs and end up in serious trouble or dead.

Do you remember the days when every FMP body bags were used? When did that come out in the press? Now, please start denying.

Not confusing.... that's the country i am talking about.... So same system world wide for convicted rape,chop it off...

You mentioned the word " ALCOHOL" this causes the big problem everywhere,not just FMP!! But some body being the victim of rape has nothing to do with alcohol or parties..

3 posts and you have most likely been here 5 minutes so you know everything.

Nice assumption, didn't realise you had to a be a hardcore TV Cyber Warrior to comment.

• Like 2