Israeli Tourist Injured And Raped On Koh Phangan

We all shake our fists in the air and shout indignantly that "No woman deserves to be raped!" However, if we find out that the woman was drunk, dressed provocatively or out walking alone in the middle of the night we all think the same thing. Perhaps Benjamin Franklin says it best; “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many girls get raped at those full moon parties and nothing is ever done. They are very dangerous place for young women yet I rarely see a warning.

Well common sense is thrown out the window when tourists come to Thailand. A young woman alone at 3AM is not smart in any city or beach

In my book, intent is as good as succeeding. If I were the father I would kill the bastard on the spot. There are some things in life that simply remove any sympathy or compassion in my heart, and rape or attempted rape is one of them. Good for the girl in fighting back. She is my hero for the day. Bad for Thailand again for not securing tourist hot spots with adequate safety measures that are so easy to do with guard shacks placed every 200 meters along public beaches on these islands. The government has the funds and the manpower for simple measures like this until better measures can be implemented.

Incidentally, it would be nice for Thailand to extend some sincerity and at least pay for the victims airline ticket home and put them up in a 5 star room until the case is solved (within a reasonable time). It would show responsibility and care and lend credibility towards their "TAT" marketing bullshit lies when things go wrong. What would be wrong with allowing her to stay here with full on medical attention and room and board as she did not ask for this to happen in her host country? That is my wish for the day, that will fade like a fart in the wind.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 2

How many girls get raped at those full moon parties and nothing is ever done. They are very dangerous place for young women yet I rarely see a warning.

It is a horrible world we can live in at times,but why you now picking on full moon parties? Girls/Women i'm afraid get raped everywhere!. Not just at a Full moon party.

Horrible again to say but while i am writing this it has happened somewhere,and there is no party tonight,and i do not mean just Koh phangan.

How you going stop this happening? My opinion is when rape is proven in a court of law the penalty for this crime is chop it off. The system works quite well regarding hands for theft.

Makes we wonder what warnings you think they should put up. Do not dance? Do not drink? Do not talk to any men? Do you go to a party and not do any of these?

They don't get raped around my home, or very rarely. And warnings? How about staying with friends and not walking alone. That is rule number one, my friend.

Wanted to find some stats on rapes in LOS of both local &

foreigners so I started searching on Google; hard to find

any stats save for a UN report that only covers until 2010.

Put this in your Google Search....Rapes in Thailand...

Hope the lady recovers quickly & well.

In my book, intent is as good as succeeding. If I were the father I would kill the bastard on the spot. There are some things in life that simply remove any sympathy or compassion in my heart, and rape or attempted rape is one of them. Good for the girl in fighting back. She is my hero for the day. Bad for Thailand again for not securing tourist hot spots with adequate safety measures that are so easy to do with guard shacks placed every 200 meters along public beaches on these islands. The government has the funds and the manpower for simple measures like this until better measures can be implemented.

Ages ago, when I was in the military...Under the UCMJ rape was classified

with the following line of which I only have a partial recollection of today...

"Penetration or attempted penetration, however slight..."

And the penatly for rape was oh so severe.

They found a guy wow now no case as lady gone back home his word against her and she not here to say other wise.

What law do you practice? Who said there was no case?

The victim may not even be required to give evidence, as is often the case these days.

It is a horrible world we can live in at times,but why you now picking on full moon parties? Girls/Women i'm afraid get raped everywhere!. Not just at a Full moon party.

Horrible again to say but while i am writing this it has happened somewhere,and there is no party tonight,and i do not mean just Koh phangan.

How you going stop this happening? My opinion is when rape is proven in a court of law the penalty for this crime is chop it off. The system works quite well regarding hands for theft.

Makes we wonder what warnings you think they should put up. Do not dance? Do not drink? Do not talk to any men? Do you go to a party and not do any of these?

I agree that we are living in a horrible world, but please don't forget, if you want to walk in the land mine zone for the thrill, than prepare to loss ur leg or life. And the question of because we may loss a leg or life so we should not walk? Are irrelevant with the fact walking in the land mine zone. A place full of danger and scary reputation, isn’t a good place for dance, nor a walk, maybe this is the ultimate thrill one can get.

Edited by sbk
tiny font fixed

andyl66

Posted Today, 09:24

All of you farang should realize that rape still makes national headlines here in Thailand. In your countries rape doesn't even make the local news because it is so common.

everyone comes on here showing their hatred of Thailand and demands that it starts emulating the oppressive regimes you lot come from.

Please get out of Thailand if you don't like it. Move back to the UK or USA where you can't even smoke a cigarette without being monitored by the police, and god help you if you step out of the smoking zone.

Rape is not a common crime in Thailand, nor is assault, it happens the same as everywhere in the world but Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world

ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE NOT A THAI POLITICIAN YOU SURE SPEAK LIKE ONE / Oh you can check on the internet that Thailand is one of the unsafest countries in the world , its in the top ten

I would be very suprised if that was written by a Thai person.

Maybe he works for the TAT ;-)

I would doubt it very much. The way it is written is not how a Thai would write , even an educated one. For instance " God help you " is not something you would associate with any Thai. It's a farang trying to be smart but he's just not very good at it.

Ages ago, when I was in the military...Under the UCMJ rape was classified

with the following line of which I only have a partial recollection of today...

"Penetration or attempted penetration, however slight..."

And the penatly for rape was oh so severe.

I believe a person should be punished, when punishment is meet, over their intention, when those intentions can be proven beyond reasonable doubt, and not, instead, over the degree of success they managed to achieve in their criminal action, with their usual shame and guilt to tone down their underachieved success. I am certain this man was not weeping nor repeating over and over in Thai, "I am sorry, I am so so sorry for this" as he was attempting to force his penis inside of his victim and smacking her with his fists. Regrettably, the Thais do not see it this way and seem to waste their time looking for any avenue to devalue a crime, of this nature, against another human being.

All of you farang should realize that rape still makes national headlines here in Thailand. In your countries rape doesn't even make the local news because it is so common.

everyone comes on here showing their hatred of Thailand and demands that it starts emulating the oppressive regimes you lot come from.

Please get out of Thailand if you don't like it. Move back to the UK or USA where you can't even smoke a cigarette without being monitored by the police, and god help you if you step out of the smoking zone.

Rape is not a common crime in Thailand, nor is assault, it happens the same as everywhere in the world but Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world.

"In your countries rape doesn't even make the local news because it is so common." REALLY ???

The Full Moon party is just one wild drunkathon, and drugs galore, it is a wonder more women aren't raped

We all shake our fists in the air and shout indignantly that "No woman deserves to be raped!" However, if we find out that the woman was drunk, dressed provocatively or out walking alone in the middle of the night we all think the same thing. Perhaps Benjamin Franklin says it best; “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”

...what's the same thing we all think..? Because if it's along the lines of that other poster who was writing about how the girls paint themselves to look "like a glowing slut" then I can assure you, I'm not thinking the same thing. If we're all thinking that someone's condition and dress sense is should never be seen as an invitation for aggressive sexual behaviour from others, then yeah, I'm on-board with that.

On a side note there's a weird undercurrent to some of these posts, that poor men can't really be blamed because the Jezebel is dressed up too provocatively. blink.png

• Like 2

Rape is not a common crime in Thailand, nor is assault, it happens the same as everywhere in the world but Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world.

Bull!!! most rapes are not reported in thailand because of the shame/lose face. I have been here before you were born, since 1970, and have seen and heard of thousands of rape cases not just by the rift raft but also by bosses and people higher up on the political scene. most were just shut up or lose ur job or standing in "thai society" can do easy if you have baht!!!!!
  • Like 1

"So what do you want them to do, not arrest him?? Anyway he confessed, and being a trash collector from Myanmar I doubt he can pay his way out. he's done.

Easy catch or not, they got him good job, guess people will have a moan whatever the BIB does."

They always try to pin a ferang murder on Burmese its their first tactic, always has been right back to the days of Kirsty Jones. BIB are experts at extracting "confessions" without leaving marks.

Koh Phangan is barely Thailand. Its a whole different world, especially haad rin on any party night. There is werid stuff going on here daily that WOULD make the news in the US or UK in a flash that locals turn a blind eye to here daily. Fox news would love this place!

• Like 1

i would have to disagree and say rape is common place here, un reported rape is common. Assault not common, come on. Its illegal to smoke a ciggarette in air con buildings in Thailand. Safest well UK biggest insurer has it as the most dangerous by claims. The regieme here is far more appresive than you would know. Females should be far more aware here in my opinion than at home.
  • Like 1

Do you expect every site where parties are held, or

in discos to have the signages "Beware of Rapists" ?

Or, at Suvarnabhumi Airport, "Beware of Thai murderers" ??

...what's the same thing we all think..? Because if it's along the lines of that other poster who was writing about how the girls paint themselves to look "like a glowing slut" then I can assure you, I'm not thinking the same thing. If we're all thinking that someone's condition and dress sense is should never be seen as an invitation for aggressive sexual behaviour from others, then yeah, I'm on-board with that.

On a side note there's a weird undercurrent to some of these posts, that poor men can't really be blamed because the Jezebel is dressed up too provocatively. blink.png

Your statement would be one hundred percent correct if we lived in a utopian society; but unfortunately it has no place in the "real world". Persuading women that it is perfectly in their right to dress or behave anyway they want is not only naive, it is setting them up to become victims.

Im just going to say this.

90% of the members on thai visa are absolute roasters/mad/not living in the real world.

Honestly, a lot of you should read your posts again, and then hang your heads in shame.

No way that will happen though....

Honestly, I am surprised that not more serious incidents happen frequently during those Full Moon Parties. Too many "bound to fail" factors come together, creating an explosice mix: Teenager with very little life experience, misjudging the "kindness" of locals often and in case of foreign girl / Thai man, the returned friendliness of the girl is often misinterpreted as an invitation by these oh, so "kind and friendly" Thai Jet Ski boys who have nothing else on their minds than getting laid with as many white girls as possible, Ganja, and ripping off tourists with their jet ski scams. Then - the teens boozing like crazy and willing to experiemnt with any offered "cool trip", may it be mushrooms, Mosquito Coil cocktails, Jaa Baa, Crack, or whatever. The girls of course come, dance and go back in their bikinis, since proper clothing would be judged by friends as "uncool" and most possibly many single girls are on the lookout for a one night stand anyway, thus show off what they have to offer...

So it would not come to me as a surprise if some locals or Burmese workers get specialized in hunting for victims on FMP nights, respectively early mornings. I believe that the low incident rate indicates that Thailand truly is much safer than most other countries. On top of all that, every incident involving foreign tourists is blown up beyond reasonable proportion by the mass media in Thailand and gets lots of attention. As one member here wrote: Similar incidents would not even make news in your home country.

Have to finish again saying that in my 21 years here I was threatened and (financially) harmed only by my own fellow countrymen, but not by Thai people. And please let's stop these useless discussions about which destination in Thailand is the worst or best one to live at or visit. We all have different opinions on this and different preferences. A Pattaya lover will most likely become insane if forced to live in places like (for example) Khao Lak, Pai or Trang and vice versa. Let's agree on the fact that we all (or at least most of us) love this country beyond words - at least I do!!!

I am grateful for being allowed to live here and for being able to enjoy a far greater deal of "freedom" than I could "enjoy" in my home country. I thank Lord Buddha for this every single day!

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 2

Honestly, I am surprised that not more serious incidents happen frequently during those Full Moon Parties. Too many "bound to fail" factors come together, creating an explosice mix: Teenager with very little life experience, misjudging the "kindness" of locals often and in case of foreign girl / Thai man, the returned friendliness of the girl is often misinterpreted as an invitation by these oh, so "kind and friendly" Thai Jet Ski boys who have nothing else on their minds than getting laid with as many white girls as possible, Ganja, and ripping off tourists with their jet ski scams. Then - the teens boozing like crazy and willing to experiemnt with any offered "cool trip", may it be mushrooms, Mosquito Coil cocktails, Jaa Baa, Crack, or whatever. The girls of course come, dance and go back in their bikinis, since proper clothing would be judged by friends as "uncool" and most possibly many single girls are on the lookout for a one night stand anyway, thus show off what they have to offer...

So it would not come to me as a surprise if some locals or Burmese workers get specialized in hunting for victims on FMP nights, respectively early mornings. I believe that the low incident rate indicates that Thailand truly is much safer than most other countries. On top of all that, every incident involving foreign tourists is blown up beyond reasonable proportion by the mass media in Thailand and gets lots of attention. As one member here wrote: Similar incidents would not even make news in your home country.

Have to finish again saying that in my 21 years here I was threatened and (financially) harmed only by my own fellow countrymen, but not by Thai people. And please let's stop these useless discussions about which destination in Thailand is the worst or best one to live at or visit. We all have different opinions on this and different preferences. A Pattaya lover will most likely become insane if forced to live in places like (for example) Khao Lak, Pai or Trang and vice versa. Let's agree on the fact that we all (or at least most of us) love this country beyond words - at least I do!!!

I am grateful for being allowed to live here and for being able to enjoy a far greater deal of "freedom" than I could "enjoy" in my home country. I thank Lord Buddha for this every single day!

My previous post is still valid

• Like 1

I met two young women, around 20, who were top rated athletes (one had a chance to be on the US winter olympic ski team). They told me of going along a road on a motorbike, while leaving a FMP. A couple Thai guys on a motorbike pulled alongside and tried to pull the girls' handbags off while all were riding up and down hills. The guys didn't care it the girls were pulled off the bike. Luckily, the girls were in good shape and able to fight off the attack. When they got back to their g.h., they found all their packs were stolen. The British owner of the g.h. yelled at them, promising to f#ck them up if they told anyone about it, because he was afraid of the bad publicity for his little biz. Altogether, the girls were sorely glad to get to a decent place like Chiang Rai, and were able to chill out and enjoy the final two weeks of their vacation.

If southern Thai beach resorts are not going downhill on a go-cart with no brakes, then it's something akin to that.

My previous post is still valid

I am quite sure "Jambo" that 99% of the forum members are now carefully browsing through your mere 58 past posts to determine your level of.... intelligence??? I am also quite certain that not even the remaining 10% of forum members you judge as "sane" would be very sad if you would leave this forum for good.

Edited by catweazle